MP acting very strangely - store items are disappearing - item count is changing constantly

Arwen Serpente

There are lots of bug reports from other merchants, so I really hope Linden Labs will be aware of this issue soon and able to fix it, for we are loosing lot of money actually .... 

Half my store is gone too. They've never fixed this issue since it started - it recurs intermittently and randomly. My store was stable/complete for a few months, then one item went missing last week, and now it has cascaded to this mess. Given the multitude of tickets and JIRAs, I don't think they know how to implement a permanent fix. 

• Like 1

For the first time in years I have formulated a New Years resolution for SL:
- Take being a merchant in SL not very seriously. The marketplace seems to be a past time hobby project for one of the senior Lindens sons, who followed a college course on web development two semesters ago successfully with a C- average grading.

It can't be work of professionals, can it?  This is happening off and on for about 5 months already now.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weird. updating a listing for an item shown in the viewer but not on the website does nothing.

ETA: links for items not accessible via search are still valid. Ex. you cannot find https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-deformer/23762200 via search.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

Just ate my listing I just added yesterday. Still accessible via URL but not appearing in my store listings or the storefront. Haven't had a chance to log in and see if the Marketplace inventory window still has everything, but I imagine this is strictly an issue with visibility on MP. I almost added a paid feature to the listing, now I'm glad I didn't.

2 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

My shop name and avatar name are also not found on web marketplace, added to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234921?filter=-4

After seeing your post, I Just searched for my store name, and my avatars name as a merchant, two searches, and neither shows up. I have not noticed that as an issue in the past, so something is really borked.

1 hour ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Weird. updating a listing for an item shown in the viewer but not on the website does nothing.

ETA: links for items not accessible via search are still valid. Ex. you cannot find https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-deformer/23762200 via search.

Same here ,,, in the past we were able to restore a listing our self by editing it in the viewer, but that does not seem to be working this time. I am not going to mess with anything else at this point, just crossing my fingers that it is eventually repaired.