MP acting very strangely - store items are disappearing - item count is changing constantly

Arwen Serpente

Announcement on Merchant Home page right now:

Merchant home

Technical Announcement

August 15, 2023

Today at 11:00 AM SL time the marketplace will be updated.

This will change best-selling sort for merchant stores to now sort products by how well they have sold in the last 30 days.

This will also fix a bug where stores with over 3000k listings had the wrong number of listings being counted by Marketplace. The listing counter on your marketplace store and manage listings page will now be correct but may show a smaller number. No listings have been removed.

• Like 3

I followed up and looked at my MP store (my comments are for my store only, I have no idea how others are impacted). In my store, Best selling sort is good. After the first 36 items, the accuracy diminishes, but at least the items are not the oldest.  Relevance sort is good for first 12, but after that, it is totally random.

The item count is still way out of whack. I have 1059 items and now the side bar shows 1998 items, almost double.

image.png.b25ae2c4ce3b48a947c3848f4d2cac87.png

• Sad 1

Haven't been following this thread due to summer break - but I have just discovered exactly the same thing when randomly searching for one of my items that I know is an active listing. Doesn't show  when I search for it and doesn't show in my MP inventory either *sigh* . On further inspection I see dozens of items that have been affected this way.

Last time I lost a bunch on my one store as previously said. Then it all got fixed and kept stable. Then the update/maintenance yesterday came and I checked after the scheduled end of it, all good....right numbers etc on both my stores.

This morning I wake up and I have lost hundreds, and it has affected both my stores this time. This happened long after the scheduled maintenance/fix was suppose to be over. There is hundreds of products gone. They are not unlisted inworld so that is not the issue. This is starting to get over the top and tiresome and I think at this point it is beyond...Idk...I am tired of this *****!

16 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Announcement on Merchant Home page right now:

Merchant home

Technical Announcement

August 15, 2023

Today at 11:00 AM SL time the marketplace will be updated.

This will change best-selling sort for merchant stores to now sort products by how well they have sold in the last 30 days.

This will also fix a bug where stores with over 3000k listings had the wrong number of listings being counted by Marketplace. The listing counter on your marketplace store and manage listings page will now be correct but may show a smaller number. No listings have been removed.

"This will also fix a bug where stores with over 3000k listings had the wrong number of listings being counted by Marketplace. The listing counter on your marketplace store and manage listings page will now be correct but may show a smaller number. "

That fix didn't last for long *sigh*

7 minutes ago, Brilliant Price said:

"This will also fix a bug where stores with over 3000k listings had the wrong number of listings being counted by Marketplace. The listing counter on your marketplace store and manage listings page will now be correct but may show a smaller number. "

That fix didn't last for long *sigh*

That is also strange, I didn't have over 3000 listings in any of my shops...

1 hour ago, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

Opening the listing from inworld, editing, and saving to retrieve the listing is not working this time. Does anyone here have any ideas? 

No! - It's totally random!
I could "revive" some items that were not showing up in MP search and my store by unlisting/relisting in the viewer. They show up in search now, but not under Web-MP Manage Listing!

Other items were i tried exactly the same just do not show up at all.   :( !
I also had out of stock items still showing up in MP search/ my store (but that's another thread).
And something also changed / is fishy with search... but I still trying to understand that.

And the JIRAs filed about marketplace are just not reviewed since a couple of months.
(beside a couple of being closed as duplicate of "???")

Grrr!

Edited by Samara Sharkfin
typos

Wow unbelievable!

I have a saved search for all L$0 items, excluding demos, any permissions set to show newest - general, PG and adult - usually returning max number ("10000+") returning 2171 items now.

This is major now.

ETA: My store has far less than 3000K items and was also affected by the wrong listing numbers. It makes it sound as though SL have no idea just how big this bug is. Or what exactly is going on...

Gets furniture polish for bald head. No hair left to pull out...

• Like 2

Hi everyone :)

As I consider Second Life as a hobby and not a source of income, I just noticed today that there were more than 600 product sheets missing from my MP ^^ 

I had seen that sales had dropped on the MP while they normally continued in-game; but I thought it was due to the summer period (it's always quiet during this period). Until I valiantly decided to put an item up for sale today...

Ok so I submitted a ticket to the technical team but ALSO to the management team, because I consider that MAJOR BUG, occuring at least since Jully, will impact the incomes of the Linden Labs and jeopardize my favorite hobby.

I also asked them if they want us to do a crowfunding to buy them memory sticks :) (That said, you still have to find some on the component market, which is at half mast)

Good luck everyone and be patient !

Pierre Ceriano

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

They have finally admitted there is a issue https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/vckfkbk5j24k 

A few weeks ago they had the same sort of message, and there has been some work done then.
Only the fix did not really help.

I have the strong feeling that the marketplace coding is not done in house, but is outsourced.
That makes swift actions impossible. Especially if they ended up with a contract with one of the cousins of El Cheapo.

Sales are pretty steady now though........ down to zero again.   🥵

I think I'll start an inworld shop again.

Sigh.... the only really always functioning part of SL is their Billing system.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Pierre Ceriano said:

As I consider Second Life as a hobby and not a source of income, I just noticed today that there were more than 600 product sheets missing from my MP ^^

Same here, selling just dollarbies*. Half inventory is gone, meaning almost 100 items :(

*Sure, I don't grant any commissions to Labs, but I am not feeling guilty, in times like this...

• Like 1