MP acting very strangely - store items are disappearing - item count is changing constantly

Arwen Serpente

2 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

Items that had disappeared in my store have been restored. Item count is correct now.

Take a look at your stores to check them. Fingers crossed this fix was across the board.

It has been restored for me too. For the second time. Lets hope they don't try this anymore!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Again, listings are disappearing. A few hours ago, I had 640 listings. Now one is missing, I am down to 639. I did not delete any listings myself. It was not among the not listed or unassociated.

Update: I found it by checking every listing by hand and managed to retrieve it by editing and saving it from inworld. 

Still, it disappeared again. So the problem is back. Check your listings. 

Edited by Froukje Hoorenbeek
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm here again, but today, another listing disappeared. 4th time in 2 months: The first time was about 24 listings, the second time was 369 listings, the third time was 1 listing and now again it is 1 listing that has disappeared.  

Check your listings every day, because the Lindens definitely don't have this under control. 

On 9/13/2023 at 2:51 PM, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

New bug report, because Dakota told me to. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234416 

Procedures, procedures, procedures..... but solutions? Nah..... Fill in another form please and then another one.
Or put a prayer paper in the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem... same result.
Maar wel stipt blijven betalen voor je regio Froukje!

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you Froukje for posting about this. It happened to me too this week. Visibility on two items disappeared. One came back on its own. The other, I had to hunt to find. It wouldn't reactivate from the MP folder inworld, so I copied it, added a "1" to the name, updated the folder and activated it - this just replaces the existing version. That brought it back. Will go to the new JIRA and add comments.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep - here we go again. I just tried to reference an item I listed a few of months ago and have sold copies of in MP, but right now it's not showing on search or in my MP web inventory. Yet it's sitting right there on my  in-world MP folder and showing as active. On looking at my current category count I suspect a couple of hundred items have disappeared again. And it would take ages to find out which are missing *sigh* - What a mess - Heads straight to the jira

• 1 month later...

I have 115 missing items today. This is the 6th time in 6 months. Sometimes a handful of listings are gone, sometimes hundreds. It just goes on and on and on. 

Please file a ticket or add something to this one: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234913

Mind you, this is my 6th ticket on the issue, and every time I have to wait for sometimes days, they recover the listings and then close the ticket with a "sorry this is happening to you!". But obviously, they are not solving the problem. 

Edited by Froukje Hoorenbeek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

I have 115 missing items today. This is the 6th time in 6 months. Sometimes a handful of listings are gone, sometimes hundreds. It just goes on and on and on. 

I have half my stuff missing. Among them a New Year 2024 thing that is the best seller today only,  that now is a wasted product. 3rd time this is happening. It happened a bit under 3 hours ago, as that was the last sale of that item.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Elastic search and magically disappearing items ... should we start a circus? 😂

But, seriously, I took a glance on Google, looks like SL MP is not the only one with an elastic search and disappearing items problem. I believe we can expect it to become an everyday issue.

EDIT: And I just realized that me and my entire shop vanished from MP search! Well done LL! 💩

Edited by RohanaRaven Zerbino
  • Sad 3

File tickets until the lab is flooded with them. The more the better.
That's all we can do besides hope, pray (when religious) and watch the fireworks tonight (when available).

I will not touch my marketplace listings the next couple of days, that is for sure.
When one gets shaved, one has to sit still.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2