MP acting very strangely - store items are disappearing - item count is changing constantly

Arwen Serpente

21 minutes ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

That is from October and November I am afraid.

Of course but it still says investigation and not Solved so until they implement a Fix, I imagine they're still looking into the issue.

image.thumb.png.d8a22a87acfb2d8232a732f633d28bab.png

Edited by Rowan Amore

I notice that I have only 50 % of my Stuff on list at MP too. Well .. some of you may remember the Movie: "Groundhog Day" - reliving the same day over and over ~ with Bill Murray

That is how I feel with the Marketplace again and again and again ... February and March 2024 would be the Time where LL use the Time to change something that good work before and need then more then a half year like 2023 or 2022 to fix it.

Sorry for my sarcasm cause I wish too that we would go in a new year without any old Issues again and again  .. I'm tired of this all. 

Edited by Caren Jewell

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Of course but it still says investigation and not Solved so until they implement a Fix, I imagine they're still looking into the issue.

What the actual heck? Are you saying... wow... just wow! The possibility that this has not been resolved even once for months didn't even cross my mind! What the heck is going on at LL?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

What the actual heck? Are you saying... wow... just wow! The possibility that this has not been resolved even once for months didn't even cross my mind! What the heck is going on at LL?

They've been busy with PBR, emoji viewer, SL Birthday, winterfest, etc.  You'd think they'd prioritize one of the money makers first but...

• Sad 1

Mine is back and I have this time luck. 700 more listens as before .. hopfuly this will be for longer time

PS: I don't will be unfair. We have "busy time" and New Year is now - all have RL and I will thank you the Team who fixed this now - Thank you!

Edited by Caren Jewell

I got this news from LL support: 

While the symptoms of the outage on December 31, 2023 were similar to those experienced periodically by many Merchants in 2023, the cause was not the same. Our Engineers are still working on permanent fixes to ongoing intermittent issues. 

So they may have changed the status of this problem to resolved, but it hasn't been. Keep checking your listings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Froukje for posting that response so that we know the current status. I've still got one missing (it went missing about a week prior to the big outage). While it remains problematic that this isn't fixed, I do appreciate the honesty of LL support's reply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i was adding new items the other day, different colours of the same hair. One called Light Brown just wasn't showing up in the store front, while all the other colours did. Also, if i did a store search for Light Brown, it wasn't showing up. But it was visible in the Related Items of the other colours of this hair. So i went and changed its name, just added some spaces between words, and it showed up. Who knows what glitched it in the first place... 😒

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now missing listings from my main store MP and at least 3 from the Outlet MP store. Just noticed it tonight. So the bug is back or still happening, and if it's impacting both of my stores I imagine it's impacting other merchants as well. I only found it because I was looking to edit one of the items that's missing.

Other than checking my store(s) every day and writing down the item count I don't honestly know what to do at this point.

• Like 1

Again, 2 of my listings inexplicably disappeared on Saturday 17-2-2024. The 8th time for me, sometimes a handful, sometimes hundreds. Despite numerous attempts to seek assistance through support, filing tickets, and bug reports, the responses are dismissive or non-existent. 

In light of this ongoing issue, I've taken the liberty to compile a manual outlining steps for fellow users to retrieve their missing listings. 

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MARKETPLACE LISTINGS AFTER THE LINDENS LOSE THEM AGAIN

1 Prepare: Take capture screenshots of your Marketplace store, starting with the oldest listings first. Organizing them with 24 listings per page is easiest to capture. 

2 Check the number of your listings at least every day. 

3 When you find the missing listings, access your Marketplace listings from within the Second Life viewer and find the missing items.

4 If possible, make minor edits to the missing listings from within the viewer. Even a small change, such as adding and then deleting a letter, may trigger the system to recognize the listing again. Save the edited listing afterward.

5 While editing from inworld may help in some instances, it often does not. In that case, you will have to contact support, file bug reports and tickets and hope the lindens will restore them. 

PLEASE NOTE: While these methods may provide temporary solutions in some cases, they should not be seen as a substitute for the support and accountability that a company like Linden Lab should offer its paying customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yup, lost another this morning too.

No way to tell what is missing with over 1000 listings. I check every day, so I know totals. When this bug first appeared, finding and editing the listing did bring it back. However, it has not worked (for me) with the more recent incidents. I've given up on the MP at this point - I haven't listed any new items in over a year.

22 hours ago, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

4 If possible, make minor edits to the missing listings from within the viewer. Even a small change, such as adding and then deleting a letter, may trigger the system to recognize the listing again. Save the edited listing afterward.

Or, right-click on the Item/object itself, and click "Edit Listing" to get a link to the Edit Item Listing web page and click the Update button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK I just exhausted myself uploading two simple new ads. The "Quick Fill" button was completely useless - didn't fill in a darn thang-not quick, not at all. The external browser upload pics button refused to work - had to go back to the viewer internal browser to add pics.  OK so fine, whatever, moving on I said.

Then realized several items from December promo prices (marked back up early January) reverted all by themselves to December promo prices and have been that way for who knows how long I guess (in 1 case was at L$1). 

And and... 

It is not just one type of cross-up/change between updates, or two items uploaded/associated, but several different misdirects or whatever.  But cleaning up a mess when one did not know there was one (and did not make the mess) is not much fun.

Did I miss a major MP roll-back that would explain the updated-boxes sitting in unlisted again (but text was still updated), or some update that went sideways at MP since Jan 1?  What is wrong is just so varied, it seems like a roll-back.

Edited by Kyrie Deka

• 3 weeks later...

And there goes the "boom" "boom" "boom" as another crop of "feedback" (formerly JIRA) are closed with the comment that they are investigating (still) and have no eta. I just wish they would stop closing things that aren't solved - I would sooooo love to see a closed message that says "we are closing this because we have implemented a fix."

• Like 3