MP acting very strangely - store items are disappearing - item count is changing constantly

Arwen Serpente

as far as i remember i had 297 items for sale before this mess -

yesterday it was 273...

today my store now has 280 items...

and ive not done any new listing or restoring.

sales have been bad enough while marketplace is being ... updated

seems to be going from bad to worse 

and absolutely no comment from LL - seriously?

:( 

Edited by Emma Krokus
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dema Fairport said:
  • Revise the item (but don't change anything)
  • Save it and it will show back up.

Thank you very much Dema. I had one missing item and i got it back  thanks to you. I got to it through the "Top selling products".
Missing items may not matter that much to me because most of my items are free, but the missing one was the best selling ot the items that i charge for.
p.s. I did not read all the posts so there may have been other people that have come up with solutions, a BIG THANKS to all that have helped.

Edited by Bent Luik
  • Like 2

Ack. I noticed a missing item a few days ago and put in a ticket. Then I discovered this thread and fixed it myself by editing it in the inworld MP window as a poster suggested. But I've just checked today and 10 items are missing now--that's over 10% of my entire store. And like most people I don't have a list of all the items that should be there so I can't really go through and find them all and relist them manually. And quite apart from anything else, even with 10 items or so it'd be a huge pain to have to keep doing that every few days.

So I'll put in a new ticket I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bent Luik said:

Thank you very much Dema. I had one missing item and i got it back  thanks to you. I got to it through the "Top selling products".
Missing items may not matter that much to me because most of my items are free, but the missing one was the best selling ot the items that i charge for.
p.s. I did not read all the posts so there may have been other people that have come up with solutions, a BIG THANKS to all that have helped.

You are so very welcome!!! I am so glad you were able to recover you items ♥

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 2:37 AM, Froukje Hoorenbeek said:

It’s great the Lindens are helping individual tickets ofcourse. But this is not an individual problem. A large part of the marketplace listings have disappeared, and they should fix the problem. Not only help the merchants that have noticed. 

I agree 100% Creators should not have to file tickets, in fact, LL should have never messed with the MP in the first place, some of those old items are things I look for even today. They could have simply put a filter.

Also, LL doesn't realize, that some of those items that were old and still selling were legacies to some people that have passed away, LL is so out of touch with the community, and what SL is truly about. such a shame.. in fact, they took down my free book tree that was a tribute to Graham Dartmouth, the most wonderful man in SL that taught so many people how to mesh, properly for free. He was my mentor, thankfully it is back up now, but damn, they really need to start listening to the people that allow so many others to have freedom of self-expression!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

I deeply appreciate the efforts of fellow merchants, who are offering solutions and help with this issue.

But ...

I've been working in SL for over 13 years, supplying the grid with animations week after week. I am keeping my shop alive by constantly adding, replacing, updating, and modernizing my products. Over time, I've created thousands of animations, and currently, I have something over 1640 items listed on the MP. However, I don't have the exact list off the top of my head, so it would take me days to manually compare my three shops to the MP inventory and correct them one by one. Moreover, amidst all this chaos, my numbers were higher than the actual count.

I refuse to lift my little finger over the system, which has been malfunctioning for months in multiple areas. Let's remember that SL is not a free platform for business owners, we invest money through rent, MP fees, withdrawal fees, advertising, uploads, and premium accounts – not to mention basic business investments. We are real individuals who depend on this platform for our livelihoods, and the endeavor is equally significant whether we're dealing with L$ or real currency.

Dealing with the MP mess, which may take several days, is not a viable option for me. Instead, I request Linden Lab to take responsibility for their platform (that is not free, mind you!) and fix, sort out, and restore it to proper functioning. As creators and entrepreneurs, we should not be burdened with fixing a system that's essential for our business. Linden Lab, you have one job, please do it properly.

Agree 100% with everything you have said, however, when you are losing money and they are not willing to own up to the fact they messed up in the first place, then as a creator you become desperate seeing your sales drop, especially with it being a livelihood for most. 

I hope LL pays attention, for all of this is 100% unacceptable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGator said:

I had a reply to my ticket. Apparently the engineers are looking into it but there's no eta yet on when it might be fixed. They say they'll keep us updated.

That's all I have.

Yes we have all received that copy paste reply.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheGator said:

I had a reply to my ticket. Apparently the engineers are looking into it but there's no eta yet on when it might be fixed. They say they'll keep us updated.

That's all I have.

The MP Team - mostly from Spidey Linden send this  copy/paste reply now over 4 Month and closed with this words tons of Tickets/Jira's round about MP Problems. Thats the way .... and yes the Support is a shame over long time now

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Thanks 1

In all my years on multiple platforms selling things, no merchant has ever been tortured as much and for as long as merchants in Second Life 2022-2023. Make up your minds already about what you are doing. Fixing one issue and causing another, ridiculous customer support even on premium, and a time wasting bot that has no answers to anything, Jira that is aware of everything apparently but cant be bothered, as well as a permanently acting up marketplace. And that is just the tiny summary of it. This is a class cause for Tortious interference. Im hemorraging money as in the LIVELIHOOD for no fault of my own. Sales today are 90% down from yesterday. AGAIN for the bizillionth time this year. Enough is enough.

• Like 1

Worst year for awhile its been almost a year and its basically trash now. I still want a roll back worst thing they could have ever done was pretty much touch it. Sad thing is they made it sound so simple too in the beginning .... I cant keep relying on New releases cause they cant get there act together... 

Edited to add this note:

Just informed by Emma Krocus that LL posted an announcement about MP changes. These changes in progress, so what I was seeing (as detailed below) may be the result of the work "in process". The only way to know if the changes are working will be after 11am SL time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original posts:

FYI, it's happening again. The MP just started to mess up with the Item count in my store. I have 1059, but the sidebar is showing 1097. As far as I can tell, nothing has disappeared, but this was the way it started the last time, item counts bouncing around and items showing up/disappearing.

image.png.4b6f072f01f9cc0b5d209cf48ccff06d.png

Edited to add: and after a refresh it is up to 1098. I'm so sick of this.

Edited to add: 50 minutes later, I've apparently made, photographed and listed another 170 items. Lovely. The sidebar count is up to 1229 when I actually have 1059.  They also changed something with the indexing: For the past 6 weeks or so (maybe a bit longer), the first 9 positions in Relevance reflected recently sold  items; the following were new items in a random order, but at least they were new"er" - and my sales had improved. Now after the first 9 positions, my oldest products are showing - I expect whatever improvement in sales I was seeing will now stop.

image.png.975423061f755d231d2c7cc0c454e508.png

Edited by Arwen Serpente