MP acting very strangely - store items are disappearing - item count is changing constantly

Arwen Serpente

I get the feeling they are fixing store by store. Sounds crazy right? My store was a mess with disappearing items/count bouncing around for the past 2 days. Today, it appears to be stable and at the correct number of items. Similar experience to Horatio:

1 hour ago, Horatio Clawtooth said:

My listing count has gone back to the normal numbers I would expect to see. It has been stable now for a couple hours. I have my fingers crossed that it holds.

File support tickets even if they respond they cannot help, or, that the engineers are "working on it".

Put comments in the JIRA that Froukje Hoorenbeek created today (since they closed all the others). https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-234188

Be the "squeaky wheel" 🙃

I am lacking 150 items on MP and the number keeps changing for each update. LL as a company should be much more willing to offer info fast as this is an income for many, including LL. Hope to see this resolved fast. I have 662 showing as listed inworld. 570 if I add the numbers showing on the side bar and multiply those. And at the moment only 524 on matching items found, and that number goes down with 4-5 every time I update page around 10 minutes apart. I have friends with brand new items not showing.

Hello everybody, My husband and I have been experimenting the same issue in our two marketplaces, the items dissappear, we don't have any kind of notification, we just realize because the number of products available decrease. We tried to communicate with LL but we didn't get any real solution to the issue and it keeps happening, today I have 2 products missing but two days ago I had 40 products missing.  We discovered that we had to check one by one all of our products and to update them so they were visible again, but really it is exhausting to check the whole list of products every day to guess which one is missing to update it again and to make it visible.  We really don't know how to solve this horrible inconvenience which is a clear to delay in our daily work, and it is at dissapointing at the same time.  So please LL we need help with that. 

Blessings! 

LizzzyCloud ♥

• Like 1

I am missing products from my Manage Listings page and my store. I have a copy of my store items from a month or so ago for slfind.com. When I copied them over, I had 330 public listings. Now I have 290 public listings and 320 in my listings editor.

I was able to compare the listings, and found several items missing from both the public store front and the listings editor. In fact I am missing 40+ listings from my listings editor. Some of which are actually pretty popular products.

I used regular expressions to filter the copy pasted results from the listing editor and just queried the database on slfind for listings and used an online list compare. I think just because you are listing and unlisting doesn't mean you are getting all your listings back.

On 7/28/2023 at 2:47 AM, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

The lack of interest from Linden Lab in resolving the problems is truly worrying. They seem to be turning a blind eye and deaf ear to our pleas for a serious resolution to the situation. Ignoring the concerns of business owners has become a standard behavior for LL. We all have been facing issues since LL introduced the new marketplace, yet they persist in praising a system that clearly doesn't work in any way. The search function is broken, our shops are experiencing problems, the advertising system doesn't work properly, and the Orders page is also dysfunctional. Honestly, I don't see a viable solution for this situation with the current LL attitude. With every new problem that arises with MP, the whole situation feels more like sabotage of the MP rather than anything else.

My husband and I are experimenting the same issue in our Marketplaces Green Tech and BARVAK, we solved it inworld and manuality with the updating, but few hours later we lost another item :(, so there is a fluctuation in the items listed and showed in our marketplaces. That is really frustrating and worring, each item implies work, time, money, etc. 

• Like 1

I am not sure if everything is showing on my end, but I have an issue with my items showing the price and picture from a few days ago in the gallery. They were in the Lazy Sunday sale and the gallery is still showing the lower price and picture with the Lazy Sunday logo. When you click to go to the item it shows the current price, but it's very confusing for customers.

• Like 1

Same here:

I have 17 active products in my MP-Shop listed. But suddenly i see only 14 ones.

In my "Listing" tab in MP there are also only 14 ones.

In my ingame listing-tab there are still 17 ones.

When i follow the direct link to the missing products from, e.g. Flickr, i can still reach the missing items-link and the product seems to be active.

Also i have active enhancement for one of the missing products!!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/250492

• Like 2

Hey all, I just noticed that half my store is missing, I posted in the Marketplace channel on Discord and will post here as I found a workaround at least for items that have related items listed.

RELATED ITEMS

If you have an item with related items but those related items are not showing up in your store...or in your listings, front and back end, then simply do this:

1. Go to the page that has the item with the related content.
  2. Open the related item in a new window
  3. Revise the item (but don't change anything)
  4. Save it and it will show back up.
  5. Do this for all of your items that have related content
  6. Also if you can get to your item from Flickr do the same thing as above - click Revise in the top right and then scroll down and click save - it should show back up. 

Not sure what to do about the other items missing - half my store is gone and I have no clue how to get it back! Good Luck everyone!!!

I also posted this on the Channel and I hope Linden Labs does something because all of this is not right.

Linden Lab, I know you don't pay attention to what we say here, but this is unacceptable, I am not sure what you did to the code for the MP but that fact that store owners, ACTIVE STORE OWNERS content is not showing up and not just one item, but pages of content, on the back end or front end, and that we have to do some hack like what I posted above to get it back, is not right. I wish you all would have left the MP alone, and just simply put a filter allowing SHOPPERS to filter out old content. You have caused a lot of work for shop owners, customers can't find products, creators' sales have dropped DRASTICALLY, and all of this is unacceptable and completely unnecessary. 

Furthermore, as a Certified Product Manager and Senior Project Manager by trade, who deals with managing products, feature requests, and backlogs on a daily basis in my Real Job, this would not fly for any product on the market or customer experience. Imagine Etsy doing this, or Amazon, or Shopify? Sellers, Creators, and Customers would be in an uproar, and rightfully so. 

As a paying customer who makes you money on a daily basis, I am very upset, and quite frankly your investors should be, as well as Phillip. Ebe would not have stood for this. 

Edited by Dema Fairport
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I posted this above, try it for your items you can get to by Flckr

RELATED ITEMS

If you have an item with related items but those related items are not showing up in your store...or in your listings, front and back end, then simply do this:

1. Go to the page that has the item with the related content.
  2. Open the related item in a new window
  3. Revise the item (but don't change anything)
  4. Save it and it will show back up.
  5. Do this for all of your items that have related content
  6. Also if you can get to your item from Flickr do the same thing as above - click Revise in the top right and then scroll down and click save - it should show back up. 
  • Like 1

I deeply appreciate the efforts of fellow merchants, who are offering solutions and help with this issue.

But ...

I've been working in SL for over 13 years, supplying the grid with animations week after week. I am keeping my shop alive by constantly adding, replacing, updating, and modernizing my products. Over time, I've created thousands of animations, and currently, I have something over 1640 items listed on the MP. However, I don't have the exact list off the top of my head, so it would take me days to manually compare my three shops to the MP inventory and correct them one by one. Moreover, amidst all this chaos, my numbers were higher than the actual count.

I refuse to lift my little finger over the system, which has been malfunctioning for months in multiple areas. Let's remember that SL is not a free platform for business owners, we invest money through rent, MP fees, withdrawal fees, advertising, uploads, and premium accounts – not to mention basic business investments. We are real individuals who depend on this platform for our livelihoods, and the endeavor is equally significant whether we're dealing with L$ or real currency.

Dealing with the MP mess, which may take several days, is not a viable option for me. Instead, I request Linden Lab to take responsibility for their platform (that is not free, mind you!) and fix, sort out, and restore it to proper functioning. As creators and entrepreneurs, we should not be burdened with fixing a system that's essential for our business. Linden Lab, you have one job, please do it properly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I found out another way for the case that you dont have external links to your product:

- Go ingame to MP-Listings.

- right click on "Edit listing"

- your product edit site will pop up in browser

- dont change anything and save

- product will be now in shop again

Edited by RoxanaSaphire
  • Like 1

I've also had this problem for the past few days. Some Items are showing listed in the marketplace box itself yet , are not showing on the marketplace. They continue to disappear at random rates. It seems to have slowed some the past few hours today but I still have many items that are all together gone.  I have more than 500 missing Items that I am hoping to get back. I was hoping that clearing cache would help take care of it but it seems this time it is something completely different that I have never seen in my 14 years here.

• Like 2