Where are the Lindens?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

I'm here every day.  I'm in world as much, sometime more and at really odd hours beyond my normal work day.  It's a big world, I meet lots of folks when they see me.   It is super busy times right now!  Lots of projects going on, we're getting ready for a significant milestone, and preparing a very large celebration with SL20B.  It isn't fair to characterize us a large company.  We don't have unlimited resources despite our best hopes and wishes.  We're actually a fairly compact company and I'm proud of all of the accomplishments we achieve as a team.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

15 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I'm here every day.  I'm in world as much, sometime more and at really odd hours beyond my normal work day.  It's a big world, I meet lots of folks when they see me.   It is super busy times right now!  Lots of projects going on, we're getting ready for a significant milestone, and preparing a very large celebration with SL20B.  It isn't fair to characterize us a large company.  We don't have unlimited resources despite our best hopes and wishes.  We're actually a fairly compact company and I'm proud of all of the accomplishments we achieve as a team.  

Thank you for all you do!

- Unpaid thanks from not-a-Shill!!

"Can I date your Alt? No one will know!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/24/2023 at 4:14 AM, Sid Nagy said:

I haven't met a Linden inworld in 17 years. And I'm doing just fine.
In all these years I needed help twice from support and that went smoothly.

And for their presence here at the forums: We are such a small chunk of their user base, and mainly a bunch of Waldorfs and Statlers on top of that,
I  can totally see that they communicate less and less here.
Other media get more attention I guess.

The last time I saw a Linden in the wild, i.e. not by TPing into their scheduled office hours like that "MonDieux" meeting, was...let me think...2006, was it? Ben Linden was out in Columbia planting those scraggly bushes. They used to have a system where they generated out a sim full, or half a sim full, of little green wooden divots through a scripted device, I guess. Then they'd flip a switch, and it would generate trees or grass. So then they'd have to do a little more tidying up by the roadside, and that's where I saw Ben busy at the bush. It's still there today.

It's more like you feel Lindens than see them. Wendi Linden at your elbow in the middle of the night due to an under-tiered group, heedless that there's an over-tiered group to match; Guy clearing some huge swathe; Governance42 returning some tree that encroaches that some neighbour has AR'd (while leaving boatloads of grief-prims on physics) -- and the saddest of all, the thing that brings tears to my eyes:

Governor Linden has abandoned her own land owned by Governor Linden : (

I mean, if the Gov herself doesn't want this land...who will ever take it?

GovLinden.png.4dffdce3a949ae21e61e284cc656e513.png

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have seen quite a few Lindens around over the years. Even around this year's Fantasy Faire alone I saw around 5 or 6 different ones (just around different regions exploring the builds as I didn't went to any performances/events). I saw a few during last year's black friday sales in the popular stores too and one of them was demo-ing hair, so definitely weren't there to clean up some griefer mess or something like that.

I'm sure there's more around, either hidden or on their non LL accounts, though. Because each time I see one people tend to swarm around them and it's probably quite exhausting to deal with it everywhere daily.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Governor Linden has abandoned her own land owned by Governor Linden : (

I mean, if the Gov herself doesn't want this land...who will ever take it?

..if the Governor did not abandon it, then how would anyone know it is available.

Maybe you were making a joke?

I assume that most normal "abandoned land" does NOT show as owned by Governor Linden.

• Moles

Hi team!

The thread wandered quite a bit off topic a while back, so we've pruned things to get back on course. The question at the start of the thread is "Where are the Lindens?" (specifically, where in the forums), so please head back in that direction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Hi team!

The thread wandered quite a bit off topic a while back, so we've pruned things to get back on course. The question at the start of the thread is "Where are the Lindens?" (specifically, where in the forums), so please head back in that direction. 

Sorry for wondering off topic.  

And, yes, it's about the Lindens not being present in the FORUMS as per the OP.

I have stated in one post I believe the MOLES have taken over the tasks of the forums lately, plus I added in that post some reasons why I think this so I won't go over my reasons for thinking this again.  But, MOLES present in the FORUMS are fine by me.  I have no problem with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I have stated in one post I believe the MOLES have taken over the tasks of the forums lately, plus I added in that post some reasons why I think this so I won't go over my reasons for thinking this again.  But, MOLES present in the FORUMS are fine by me.  I have no problem with it.

the moles are around as mods for some time already, that's also not the subject :)

Where are the Lindens and why...

On 5/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

As the title says... i really wonder where the Lindens are. 
Pulled back?

Didn't see any note or announcement they would leave the most important way to be in contact with their userbase ( next to inworld)

@Alwin Alcott maybe I mis-read your OP here then.  

I thought you meant by the above that the Linden's have left the most important way to be in contact with their userbase as meaning the FORUMS since you then said "next to inworld".

So, I'm not really sure what you are asking?

Do you mean community meetings or what exactly?

IOW, what do you mean by the most important way to be in contact with their userbase?

Edited by EliseAnne85

1 hour ago, EliseAnne85 said:

@Alwin Alcott maybe I mis-read your OP here then.  

I thought you meant by the above that the Linden's have left the most important way to be in contact with their userbase as meaning the FORUMS since you then said "next to inworld".

So, I'm not really sure what you are asking?

Do you mean community meetings or what exactly?

IOW, what do you mean by the most important way to be in contact with their userbase?

Edited 1 hour ago by EliseAnne85

I asked him previously, and this was his response (I posted it before, also):

On 5/26/2023 at 7:42 AM, Alwin Alcott said:
On 5/26/2023 at 5:04 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Do you specifically mean "where are Lindens" on the Forums? Some people are replying as if you meant "where are Lindens" in general.

yep forums .. inworld i think have seen them once or twice in the 17 yrs that i'm here, wouldn't miss them there soon in that frequency :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

overview-of-the-oscar-statue-at-meet-the

Best Virtual World Ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Most of the Mod postings here are the Moles --- usually Dyna.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

The Mole Mods only respond to moderation questions though, not policy questions or concerns. This is what Lindens used to come on for but as the OP pointed out, has become increasingly rare over the past few months leaving many with unanswered questions as to what the Lab is doing that effects inworld residents as a whole.

26 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The Mole Mods only respond to moderation questions though, not policy questions or concerns. This is what Lindens used to come on for but as the OP pointed out, has become increasingly rare over the past few months leaving many with unanswered questions as to what the Lab is doing that effects inworld residents as a whole.

Hmm.

Too often of late, the appearance of bona fide Lindens here has meant thread locks and suspensions. Or that at least has been my experience.

I think I much prefer our Moles, tyvm.

• Like 1

• Moles

I think an important point to remember is that when you do see Moles or Lindens in world, we are working. When residents are in world you are primarily playing (not that running a store or business is not work... quite the contrary). I'm only pointing out that much of the time you do see us, we are busily trying to meet one of those many deadlines on multiple projects Patch mentioned. That's not hiding or running away. As much as we'd like to hang out and chat we're usually just pressed for time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Moles and Lindens I follow on the Forums so far:

Squeaky Mole

Abnor Mole

Soft Linden

Guy Linden

Rider Linden

Monty Linden

Keira Linden

Quartz Mole

Maximus Mole

Tommy Linden

Maestro Linden

Mazidox Linden

Grumpity Linden (retired)

Patch Linden ❤️ 

April Linden

Edit Added Dyna Mole. (No clue how I missed adding her before...)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I think an important point to remember is that when you do see Moles or Lindens in world, we are working. When residents are in world you are primarily playing (not that running a store or business is not work... quite the contrary). I'm only pointing out that much of the time you do see us, we are busily trying to meet one of those many deadlines on multiple projects Patch mentioned. That's not hiding or running away. As much as we'd like to hang out and chat we're usually just pressed for time.

The one time I ran into a Mole in world --- I knew he was busy with something.  So I just said "Great job!" and went on.  He PMed me back saying thank you and he was helping make a new Resident experience.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
As per rules --- world Resident needs capitol R. Thank you.
  • Like 3

I wonder if the Moles and Lindens will be running SL on their phones during work as I suspect others will be doing when the mobile viewer is finally released.  

Will it be ok with everyone if they're using SL instead of working since I see a.lot of people comment that it'll be nice to stay connected to friends on mobile while at work?   🤔

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Moles and Lindens I follow on the Forums so far:

Squeaky Mole

Abnor Mole

Soft Linden

Guy Linden

Rider Linden

Monty Linden

Keira Linden

Quartz Mole

Maximus Mole

Tommy Linden

Maestro Linden

Mazidox Linden

Grumpity Linden (retired)

Patch Linden ❤️ 

April Linden

Edit Added Dyna Mole. (No clue how I missed adding her before...)

I did not no that others know who I follow has any importance, but okay, here is mine than:

I follow nobody.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.