Stilettos in the sand

BillFletcher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Models are photographed on beaches wearing high heels a lot.  Heels give the wearer added height and make the legs look longer, giving a more slimming look.  

They could at least use their heels to spike some beach litter, clean up the place a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Better wearing heels that walking tippy toe all over the beach ... there's a FLAT feet setting in your body HUD ladies, use it!!

/me ;)

Now that we have shoes settled, can we confirm the rules around open toe heels and non-sheer stockings? Yea, nay, or when is it okay?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Models are photographed on beaches wearing high heels a lot.  Heels give the wearer added height and make the legs look longer, giving a more slimming look.  

Models on the beach in RL would need to be standing on a piece of plywood or something hidden in the sand. You don't see RL models walking along the beach in heels the way SL girls do. 

11 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Better wearing heels that walking tippy toe all over the beach ... there's a FLAT feet setting in your body HUD ladies, use it!!

/me ;)

No. 😃

My feet are either invisible or tippy toes. Same goes for my male avatars, if you really want to drive yourself nutty thinking about that. 😁

• Like 1

Maybe it goes back to the days when mesh feet were in the heels? Worse you took them off and you just had the paddle feet? Or back when you had to detach your high heeled feet and reattach your flat feet. Or some people only had high heel slink feet.

…… you know how people hold on to things that are no longer necessary in SL. Like using a hud to change your foot type.

*shrugs*

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Immediately makes me think of:

NippyCleanAlaskajingle-max-1mb.gif

In SL?! That's completely acceptable athletic wear if you ask me! 🤣

Exactly the inspiration for the old photoshoot! :D

It's the perfect go-anywhere outfit; from the club to the basketball court, and even the beach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Maybe it goes back to the days when mesh feet were in the heels? Worse you took them off and you just had the paddle feet? Or back when you had to detach your high heeled feet and reattach your flat feet. Or some people only had high heel slink feet.

…… you know how people hold on to things that are no longer necessary in SL. Like using a hud to change your foot type.

*shrugs*

I took my shoes off when I first went to an SL beach back when we had system feet. I had to make sandals out of a few prims because the feet were awful. When Slink feet came out I totally went bare foot at the beach. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Models on the beach in RL would need to be standing on a piece of plywood or something hidden in the sand. You don't see RL models walking along the beach in heels the way SL girls do. 

Not so. I once saw a very beautiful girl walking Redondo Beach in Los Angeles while wearing a pair of 5" pumps and a one piece swimsuit. Of course, she was walking on the bike path, so the "plywood" part of your remark has some validity.

I think of her every time I neglect to take off my heels when walking a beach in SL.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Spend a bit of time on some of the beaches in California.  There really are people walking on sand in heels.  Yes, it is crazy, but they do it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Spend a bit of time on some of the beaches in California.  There really are people walking on sand in heels.  Yes, it is crazy, but they do it.

I have absolutely no trouble believing this having seen women in stilettos barreling at full speed across numerous lanes of NYC traffic dodging cars, people on bikes, crowds, you name it - trying to catch a taxi/bus/train/whatever.

At least in SL, there's no risk of breaking your neck, so there's that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

This is something she would never do because it is unrealistic.

I think that is the beauty of SL, we get to do and wear stuff which we never could wear in RL for whatever reason there may be.
For example, just 3 days ago I took this pic (which I had to blur for the forum :D) and added the following comment 

Decided to go explore the jungle.
I know what you are thinking, those boots are no good for exploring the jungle.
You are right but by golly, do I look amazing!

image.thumb.png.cfbed6d1a6a75131207b0c66027b5c9c.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:
On 1/17/2023 at 10:04 AM, BillFletcher said:

This is something she would never do because it is unrealistic.

(shouts "I agree!" flying past on my Pegasus) 😉

The "smart" people hover over the sand so they don't burn their feet!

ETA: It's like "hovering" over a toilet seat so you don't get your butt wet!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.