Stilettos in the sand

BillFletcher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I’ve worn heels and swimsuit on a beach in RL because my bf wanted to take pics of me like that lol 

it isn’t that far fetched 

Did you walk across the sand in them or carry them to the spot he wanted the picture and then put them on?

40 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No...

d654db3f-8a08-435d-bb4f-156a2a3f0459_1.4c2f410068fcca243181a0a6df7795ec.thumb.jpeg.90d62c6f26546483cffb9c07b7c0c80d.jpeg

Yes...

AMALIE-NUDE-ESPADRILLE-WEDGE-HEELED-SANDALS-2.jpg.398668baa2f7d255e38ea6e217b56855.jpg

I'd like to point out that I, Clumsy Dork Extraordinaire, managed to successfully bust my whole butt years ago wearing something rather similar to your "Yes" pair. I decided to take a shortcut through the grass at my workplace and my ankle did the little wobble dance that is so common when strutting around in platform wedge sandals - flung my whole body onto my car. Yes. ONTO. SPLAT. Right onto the hood. Like a bug on the interstate - I stood no chance. Hmpf.

I would've survived the embarrassment if not for my coworker standing right next me as I went flying.

I have no horror stories surrounding your No pair, but I've seen so many people rocking shoes/boots with platforms and heels like that around the NYC and London goth scene and surviving the ordeal. I'll take my chances with #1. I personally prefer a high, elevated platform in boot form (without the heels) as they're very steady, though they do take a lot of practice to walk in - especially on stairs.

Funny enough, in SL, I always choose the platform shoes/boots, no matter how high the heel, as well. I'm traumatized by sandal wedges - even here. 😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Funny enough, in SL, I always choose the platform shoes/boots, no matter how high the heel, as well. I'm traumatized by sandal wedges - even here. 😩

I wonder if there are good "wobble-walk" animations in SL for wearing high heels. Similar to "drunk walks".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder if there are good "wobble-walk" animations in SL for wearing high heels. Similar to "drunk walks".

Not sure about animations, but I did make a "runway fails" pose set back when I was making/selling photography poses. It's basically just a set of poses where a runway model goes splat all over the catwalk, due to high heel failure. I laughed to myself every single time I got a sale - like omg, I wonder what this shenanigans is being used for - I wanna see!

I should look and see if there are any wobble and falling walks for my AO. Not come across any just yet. Been on the lookout, as I always buy the most ridiculous walks I can find. Something like that would be perfect for running around on the beach in heels.

• Like 2

We need a Stilettos In The Sand song, with Riders On The Storm music..

Then make a music video of all of us in our stilettos, walking in slow motion on the beach, away from the explosion from the lifeguard house we just blew up..

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We need a Stilettos In The Sand song, with Riders On The Storm music..

Then make a music video of all of us in our stilettos, walking in slow motion on the beach, away from the explosion from the lifeguard house we just blew up..

hehehe

A la Thelma & Louise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I did that at 8 years old trying my Mom's yes stilletos, they were.  Oh my gah!  It was a horrible experience.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

I don't care about realism but about visual harmony (good taste)

pretty cartoon > ugly human

But in the end you avi is the result of your choices, that can also be impossible to understand without a contextualization. No need of external validation.

Depends on sand quality. Compacted wet sand is no different to a wet field of grass. Its about balance & weight distribution. OK, if I'm gonna be walking around a wet field all day, I'm in sneakers/trainers. 

Here  who cares? Heels on the beach? Usually yes. Because I can.

• Like 4

On 1/17/2023 at 10:11 AM, Caeruleiae said:

Does your partner actually look like their avatar does in real life?

Realism and accuracy are two different things. A person could have an avatar that looked exactly like Jennifer Lopez. It would be realistic in that it looks exactly like an actual human, but not accurate in that it doesn't look like the person behind it.

2 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Realism and accuracy are two different things. A person could have an avatar that looked exactly like Jennifer Lopez. It would be realistic in that it looks exactly like an actual human, but not accurate in that it doesn't look like the person behind it.

It's still realism to some degree, even describing it that way. Realism plays a role in accuracy, they go hand in hand here for this context. It's not realistic, or accurate, to make our avatars look like someone other than ourselves. That doesn't mean it's wrong, it's a wonderful part of making an avatar here. I think most people are probably glad that we can have whatever level of realism, or accuracy, we want here. We can pick and choose what we want to include or exclude. I like that, a lot. 

That's why I mentioned flying. That's not realistic, or accurate, but almost all of us do it here. I don't like the idea that males or females are more inclined to do a certain something here, a lot because people attach other most likely tags to things like that too and its weird for me. Like people who assume the reason I don't use voice or share rl details means I must be a man playing a female. And now I know if you and your partner ever see me afk on a beach in heels, she'll assume I'm a male too, that's a odd assumption. People make weird assumptions in sl a lot though. Mostly I just let them and don't bother countering it, but that doesn't make it any less weird that they make them.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 3:03 PM, BillFletcher said:

Did you walk across the sand in them or carry them to the spot he wanted the picture and then put them on?

I can’t remember perfectly as it was 8 years ago when he was stationed at Pendleton, he carried me to the spot though. Took off the clothes, put on the heels, took the pics and put the heels back on for a bit while on the bike path 😜

• Like 2

Whatever you do, don't google image search high heels on the beach, many of you are going to be so upset.

Edit for clarification: Personally I think it's a little goofy and never do it myself, but I think it's fair to say it's a type of whimsy that SL lets you engage in, and I suspect many of the people who do it, do so knowingly, not because they're clueless.

Edited by Ezbeharra

On 1/18/2023 at 2:14 PM, BelindaN said:

Depends on sand quality. Compacted wet sand is no different to a wet field of grass. Its about balance & weight distribution. OK, if I'm gonna be walking around a wet field all day, I'm in sneakers/trainers. 

Here  who cares? Heels on the beach? Usually yes. Because I can.

Wonders about house cats in dresses and combat boots walking on the beach?  Are they the same as human avatars walking in high heels in the sand?   Question not necessarily directed to BelindaN...this is me wondering where does one draw the line a la realism?  If realism is not needed everywhere, then tiny house cats in dresses and combat boots should be allowed more places.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Wonders about house cats in dresses and combat boots walking on the beach?  Are they the same as human avatars walking in high heels in the sand?   Question not necessarily directed to BelindaN...this is me wondering where does one draw the line a la realism?  If realism is not needed everywhere, then tiny house cats in dresses and combat boots should be allowed more places.  

If there's a housecat walking on the beach..it's a litter box. Ew.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If there's a housecat walking on the beach..it's a litter box. Ew.

Oh wait, spoke too soon...that's too much realism.  There could be a line where each of us has lines drawn as to what's too much realism and what isn't.  Poopy cats not okay, non-poopy cats in dresses and combat boots fine.  

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh wait, spoke too soon...that's too much realism.  There could a line where each of us has lines drawn as to what's too much realism and what isn't.  Poopy cats not okay, non-poopy cats in dresses and combat boots fine.  

Ok, so we can have cats birthing litters of kittens, but not cats pooping.

Got it.

16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, so we can have cats birthing litters of kittens, but not cats pooping.

Got it.

Well, to me, pooping is a little too much realism.  I don't bother with it in SL.  Birthing, in SL I've never seen.   It's not something I would be interested in watching whether cat, human, or fillintheblank.  Birthing is getting too much into role play, imo.  Where would the perfect realism of role playing a real life end?  Do we need to brush our avatar's teeth?... use birth control and condoms for some other examples?  Once we get into realism, where does it end?  I'd rather have fun in SL than deal with all the realism of real life. 

Edited by EliseAnne85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.