7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

someone who told one of the Moles to go and sing Kumbaya.

I missed this! But I recall "Kumbaya" coming up several times recently.

See? Drama! Excitement! Forumites cast in the role of Job, crying heavenwards, "Why? Why?!?!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

What was that?  Something beginning with 'K'?

Peeve: I was once at a "special event-type" dinner place with family (long story, details would distract from the story here), and there was a wedding party of Klingons (makeup-and-garbed).  They were rowdy and distracting, naturally. My comment to my stepmom at the time was, I found it annoying because they were so overly "macho".

29 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

True. I was general speaking, it was not meant personally against someone who told one of the Moles to go and sing Kumbaya (indirectly of course).
Maybe I should not have used that example. But I find my point still valid in general.

Sorry @Solar Legion, I had no intention to attack you personally.

Nah, I wasn't calling you out or anything, no worries. ❤️

It genuinely did strike me as funny because it's exactly what I see constantly on Twitter (and elsewhere), lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Nah, I wasn't calling you out or anything, no worries. ❤️

It genuinely did strike me as funny because it's exactly what I see constantly on Twitter (and elsewhere), lol.

Peeve: If this were in modern schools, kids get a group counseling to settle their differences.

When I was a cub, the bully may get detention, but you would too. With the bully!

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I missed this! But I recall "Kumbaya" coming up several times recently.

See? Drama! Excitement! Forumites cast in the role of Job, crying heavenwards, "Why? Why?!?!"

Peeve: "Kumbaya" comes up in search results in posts by 5 different people in the last few years!  So, there is no single "offender" if someone takes offense to it!

Probably been mentioned in the previous 900+ pages but ...

Can you all just grab clothing demos from popular events and for heaven's sake go home! and try them all on? Stop standing around in a full event for 60 minutes trying on every second piece of clothing in the event. Click demo, then get out! Others are waiting to get in!

(I'm looking at all of you in the [sim full] Anthem even right this moment. Sheesh.)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

(I'm looking at all of you in the [sim full] Anthem even right this moment. Sheesh.)

Mmm .. Just a few more moments .. Still trying to decide whether or not I actually like the architecture around here ..

b29e65d200bdbad78cf77c13a63b1fd3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Make those events  with time slot reservations only. Problem solved. Time expired and still there: booted and no time slot next time.
Drama ensured. The 1000 pages in sight soon. Win-win.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

Make those events  with time slot reservations only. Problem solved. Time expired and still there: booted and no time slot next time.
Drama ensured. The 1000 pages in sight soon. Win-win.

Or, y'know, instead of first come first serve, a queue when the region is full. Also probably 'you got 30 minutes to browse' in addition.

But then who doesn't love it when a shopping event is moving at the speed of pitch because of it being full meanwhile a small army of shopaholics are trying to TP hammer their way through!

• Like 2

All right, well, now I have a peeve. Apparently it's a thing that ads don't specify 'LaraX' (or 'MaitreyaX', which peeves me too). Saw an ad on Flickr, in the description it said 'LaraX'. So I'm at the event, find the stall, and here it just says 'Maitreya / Petite'. Strange, I though, but I guess I'll grab the demo? And yeah. There's LaraX in there. And by now I've found like, 4 stalls where it's the same thing.

Buuut now I have to go back and run through again to reconsider peeking into the ads I skipped past because it just said 'Maitreya', because there might be LaraX in there? Gah.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Can you all just grab clothing demos from popular events and for heaven's sake go home! and try them all on? Stop standing around in a full event for 60 minutes trying on every second piece of clothing in the event. Click demo, then get out! Others are waiting to get in!

I was in and out with demos in 15 minutes today.  There just seems to be less and less I'd even bother demoing.  😕

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I grab my demos & go home with Persephone, but if one of my Basic account girls manages to get into a full sim with free store credit, she's not giving up her spot until she gets her freebie.

Note: Tachinni currently has 5 Easter eggs worth a total of $L 350 in store credit. The jacket I got there for Tasha looks really cute with the baggie jeans from Addams.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I grab my demos & go home with Persephone, but if one of my Basic account girls manages to get into a full sim with free store credit, she's not giving up her spot until she gets her freebie.

Note: Tachinni currently has 5 Easter eggs worth a total of $L 350 in store credit.

What is the shopping even y'all are talking about?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

What is the shopping even y'all are talking about?

I'm referencing individual store events, but I'm sure their are some regular sale events going on too. First Addams had free store credit & Vision had an Easter egg hunt for store credit. Now Tachinni is doing their Easter egg hunt for store credit a week late. Since December, I've been able to collect enough free LaraX sized clothes that my girls don't have to fit into the wrong sizes too often.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Note: Tachinni currently has 5 Easter eggs worth a total of $L 350 in store credit. The jacket I got there for Tasha looks really cute with the baggie jeans from Addams.

Sigh. I always grab credit from there and never use it. I feel like I own everything in that store already. 

I missed Addams free credit, too? Meh, not too sad about that either. How many jeans do I neeeed?!

Actually, I take that back. I have been shopping their outlet a bit more. The older stuff is way better for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Sigh. I always grab credit from there and never use it. I feel like I own everything in that store already. 

I missed Addams free credit, too? Meh, not too sad about that either. How many jeans do I neeeed?!

Actually, I take that back. I have been shopping their outlet a bit more. The older stuff is way better for me.

I'm only getting LaraX sizes now. None of them have much yet, but I was still able to pick up a few cute things. ☺️ 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was in and out with demos in 15 minutes today.  There just seems to be less and less I'd even bother demoing.  😕

I grabbed a bunch of demos. Then I went home and swore a lot. A few timed demos that were rejected. A few no-colour demos that were rejected (I'm not risking ending up with a black blob with 0 definition). Some that did come with colour HUDs where the black was literally like looking at dead space on your monitor, rejected. One particularly egregious offender which had such a tight triangle density in one single button that you could read the fricking 'subtitle' of the logotype in wireframe mode, rejected. 

.. I did find a cute top though!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm only getting LaraX sizes now. None of them have much yet, but I was still able to pick up a few cute things. ☺️ 

Wow, really? I'd think those would be among the first stores to swap over and add some LaraX sizes into weekend sales/older popular releases.

I'm still buying for 5.3, though. I just can't be that bothered to read sizes on ads. 😂 I'll swap over when I have no choice but to do so (which is no time soon, judging by how things are going).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I grabbed a bunch of demos. Then I went home and swore a lot. A few timed demos that were rejected. A few no-colour demos that were rejected (I'm not risking ending up with a black blob with 0 definition). Some that did come with colour HUDs where the black was literally like looking at dead space on your monitor, rejected. One particularly egregious offender which had such a tight triangle density in one single button that you could read the fricking 'subtitle' of the logotype in wireframe mode, rejected. 

.. I did find a cute top though!

One outfit I'm considering from Frayed because...prints!  All I came away with was a pose pack with flower.

The one store I've consistently purchased from is Sigma.  Unique jewelry, good price, low in complexity and triangles.  Most come with a tinting option for both metal and stones.  Clothing, anymore, is a.lot of the same same.  I'm lucky to find one piece at an event.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

You TP to an event, allow a few mins to push out of the crowd of morons standing on the landing zone, into a quiet corner, aand cam to the first booth.

It takes an average of 60 seconds to glance at each booth, and MAYBE grab a demo, then cam to the next booth.

There are 80 booths.

So that's an hour and a half just for a brief glance at all the booths, and grabbing a handful of demos.

Then somebody in a group chat, who has a 99% probability of being a MAN, says...

"I don't understand! Why do people go afk and just stand in one place, for 90 mins, when others want to get in? Why don't they just TP straight to the booth that has THE SINGLE thing they want, buy it and leave?

They should limit people to 10 mins max at an event"

These people say this because they assume that shoppers KNOW what all 80 booths are offering BEFORE they go there, and ONLY want ONE thing, and because they are too dim-witted to realise that standing still and camming the booths is easier AND less laggy than trying to walk around, and because you CAN'T TP direct to the booth you want because the event has a FIXED landing point, AND because you don't HAVE the exact co-ordinates to the spot in front of the one booth you are interested in, even if you know they are there and what they are selling..

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Or they talk nonsense because they don't sell stuff at events, and have no clue how shopping for things you haven't seen yet actually works, the whole "impulse buy" deal, see thing, say "ohhh i like", buy thing, deal.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was in and out with demos in 15 minutes today. 

There is an event I check every month, it's a small event, and there's only one brand there I really bother with and I know where their stall will be every month, alwayss the same place, takes me 5 mins to arrive, cam to the stall, see this months "new release" and say yay/nay, and buy if yay, and leave.

But that's ONE event. others, I might need an hour or two just to check out what everyone is offering, and grab some demos.