42 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Peeve:

News reports that have the deeply patronising "Here's what you need to know..." thing stated in them.

* wince *

Yeah, some people are like that, too and are always "telling us what we need to know".  Annoying AND patronizing, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

I don’t know if it’s a pet peeve or frustration, maybe both.

As you guys know I’m a Na’vi. The only places where I maybe meet other Na’vi are 2 roleplay regions. I’m SLT +9, I very rarely meet others like me. 
Today I didn’t even want to go anywhere because I’m alone 😭

I have human friends, but it’s different when you have someone who has the same Alien race as you do.

Meh 😔

Awww, I get this. I don't roleplay or even have a set community since I shapeshift so much, but if I'm not human or some type of animal, I usually land somewhere in the monster realm, and I couldn't even begin to tell you where the other undead, lurkers, demons, or Lovecraftian monstrosities even gather (if at all). I usually just see them in stores and at shopping events, like Fantasy Faire.

Edit: Maybe reach out to some on Flickr. I know I've seen Na'vi photos on there in various fantasy groups.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Awww, I get this. I don't roleplay or even have a set community since I shapeshift so much, but if I'm not human or some type of animal, I usually land somewhere in the monster realm, and I couldn't even begin to tell you where the other undead, lurkers, demons, or Lovecraftian monstrosities even gather (if at all). I usually just see them in stores and at shopping events, like Fantasy Faire.

Edit: Maybe reach out to some on Flickr. I know I've seen Na'vi photos on there in various fantasy groups.

Those who are on Flickr are those I know from said roleplay places. I’ve never seen Na’vi do shopping or exploring nice regions as I do since I am blue 24/7 ☺️

I quit my Flickr and left the rp community because of the timezone problems.

I would need to meet european Alien folks, or Demon folks, but there are almost none.

I see them, as you mentioned, on fantasy events. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

I would need to meet european Alien folks, or Demon folks, but there are almost none.

I take it vampires aren't demon-y enough?

5 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Those who are on Flickr are those I know from said roleplay places. I’ve never seen Na’vi do shopping or exploring nice regions as I do since I am blue 24/7 ☺️

I quit my Flickr and left the rp community because of the timezone problems.

I see them, as you mentioned, on fantasy events. 

I can't say I know any aliens or demons, though I am in a general fantasy community on Discord where we've got a few. I never see any horror/fantasy avies in-world outside of stores and events, though. I think most of us are in hiding and spend all of our time doing photography. 😂

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Where the hell are you guys, even? I haven't seen a vampire in-world in a bazillion years. I've seen more skellies like me than you bitey folk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Where the hell are you guys, even? I haven't seen a vampire in-world in a bazillion years. I've seen more skellies like me than you bitey folk.

Lurking in the shadows, of course!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:

😅 I haven’t seen Vampires for ages! 
In my very first SL time back in 2009 I was one myself, I was part of a big family. But then I discovered Na’vi hehe 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah but...

Us, too. 👀

Hm. Well, I'm not sure about 'the others', I never really saw the point of congregating with other vampires specifically - more competition for the food, and all that. Right now I'm just sitting in a train car at Caletta to enjoy a glass of wine and .. Window shop for some dinner.

Snapshot-109.png

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Right now I'm just sitting in a train car at Caletta to enjoy a glass of wine and ..

How dignified! 

*peeks into your train*

I Have A Present For You

Okay actual peeve time: I have such a hard time shopping for clothes for my monster avatars, I swear. 

Like, what can they actually WEAR? I've got some fun ponchos and dresses and gowns and suits work well. Not stuffing those bones into crop tops and booty shorts, tho. Nobody wants to see all that. 😂

I need tattered clothing - now there's an untapped market.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess BOM doesn't help with BIG monsters!

BOM works fine, but I always pair it with mesh if I'm going to use it. I mostly just use it for lace or something.

For some avies, it's a necessity, though. I can't pull off the skeletal torso without it since the entire midsection needs hiding. That means normal mesh dresses are out, but I can wear mixed mesh dresses with BOM bodices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

BOM works fine, but I always pair it with mesh if I'm going to use it. I mostly just use it for lace or something.

For some avies, it's a necessity, though. I can't pull off the skeletal torso without it since the entire midsection needs hiding. That means normal mesh dresses are out, but I can wear mixed mesh dresses with BOM bodices. 

I was thinking how the old ginormous dragon avatars are prolly mostly attachments. (And BOM is no help there.)

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was thinking how the old ginormous dragon avatars are prolly mostly attachments. (And BOM is no help there.)

Old avatars, probably not. Newer mods can be BOM enabled, though. Mermaid tails are, for example, for scale designs/patterns. 

I'm mostly just peeving about the monsters I wear (I don't wear giants or complete dragon avatars) being difficult to dress for style reasons, since I'm certainly not yeeting my lich or nemesis into clubwear or cutesy casual or even fantasy wear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay actual peeve time: I have such a hard time shopping for clothes for my monster avatars, I swear. 

Like, what can they actually WEAR? I've got some fun ponchos and dresses and gowns and suits work well. Not stuffing those bones into crop tops and booty shorts, tho. Nobody wants to see all that. 😂

I need tattered clothing - now there's an untapped market.

Maybe try some post-apocalyptic clothing?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Maybe try some post-apocalyptic clothing?

Ehhhhh...

Here's kind of what I had in mind for the lich (robes/armor with skelly accents, cuz of course!). Oh god, here comes the AI art (don't get me started on THAT peeve) but whatever:

777beb93-7c66-4a96-9641-2833136d9bcd.jpg

0b7ea906ea5b4a88b0f8a2f4a0e6e910.jpeg

And I've got zero ideas for styling my Nemesis, which adds a whole other layer of nightmare fuel to the fire. 😂 I have an entire crab body to go with that, but, she's difficult enough to style without a sitting on a bunch of legs.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Circling back to flexi hair and curls.  Back in the day, I wore a lot of Damselfly hair.  This little snippet shows me that flexi was much better back then.  This hairstyle, from 2008 is, IMO, not bad at all.   Triangle count is not bad, complexity either.   I think the creators of today's flexi are just doing the bare minimum or have no idea how it COULD look better.  

https://gyazo.com/13aaa87cefabcbf574e53393d845ff60

I LOVE Damselfly... spent soooo many lindens there.   I don't care how old mine are, they're still some of my favorites to wear.  Pretty sure that's one in my user av here.. and yeah old picture but I like it.  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ehhhhh...

Here's kind of what I had in mind for the lich (robes/armor with skelly accents, cuz of course!). Oh god, here comes the AI art (don't get me started on THAT peeve) but whatever:

777beb93-7c66-4a96-9641-2833136d9bcd.jpg

0b7ea906ea5b4a88b0f8a2f4a0e6e910.jpeg

And I've got zero ideas for styling my Nemesis, which adds a whole other layer of nightmare fuel to the fire. 😂 I have an entire crab body to go with that, but, she's difficult enough to style without a sitting on a bunch of legs.

Salt and Pepper used to have some cloaks that might have worked, but I don't know if they still have them.

• Like 1