43 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Omg there are so many Flexi styles that I wish were mesh.. I see such nice styles any time I go shopping and am like, That has to be flexi, it's too nice and perfect for me!! \o/

I would be in heaven if they came up with some fix or work around that would have flexi bouncing off of us.. Something like a bald cap, but n upper body cap for our bodies that flexi repelled against when it met it.. hehehehe

That or some way to limit the flow where it stops short.. Just something.. hehehe

C'mon LL you can do it!! \o/

hehehe

Modeling realistic curly hair is an entire THING and flexi just can't come close either. That reminds me - did you ever see the mini documentary about how Disney came up with special hair software to create Tangled and how they adapted those techniques to create hair in Encanto (which is the first movie they did that represents every hair texture)? It's super interesting! 

But yeah, peeve, we are never getting anything even remotely close. I have wanted hair that moves naturally in games foreeever, but seeing what it takes for them to do it in movies, um...yeah...maybe in 10 more years! 😂

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, That took me like a week of prep just to find everything, From the weather machine to the hair and all the little things and accessories..

The hair was the last things I think.

This was one of the full images which shows all the things I had to get for it..

A lot of these things will never be made for Lara X, but could find them and still find more things made for Lara V 5.3..

This is the main reason I will never get rid of my Lara V5.3.. There is just too many goodies for that body. :)

In my eyes, this is what makes it still the best body on the grid.

52381750711_2a4f71a2f6_k.jpg

You could do a similar pic for Furiosa!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You could do a similar pic for Furiosa!

OMG!! That was actually something I was thinking about.. And I really love who they have for the full Furiosa  movie.. I just love her look in any movie she is in.. She has such a unique look that fits characters..

When I seen her eyes in full Furiosa look, I was like, omg She fits that character to a tee..

Since that first time seeing that trailer, the wheels have been spinning on a shoot I want to set up.. hehehe

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

OMG!! That was actually something I was thinking about.. And I really love who they have for the full Furiosa  movie.. I just love her look in any movie she is in.. She has such a unique look that fits characters..

When I seen her eyes in full Furiosa look, I was like, omg She fits that character to a tee..

Since that first time seeing that trailer, the wheels have been spinning on a shoot I want to set up.. hehehe

Great minds think alike!  I was in your head.

Peeve: Now if only I can get in your..umm..DM's! That's it, DM's! * blush *

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I sure hope there's a plan to fix flexi with the new Mobile viewer, I can't be the only person testing that who wants to wear their flexi hair and clothing.

I hope they fix it as well. Flexi hair is fun.

• Like 2

My Alt has been wearing a 2009 designed flexi hair since 2011.  I don't see a problem standing in front of windows. It still looks natural to me, and moves when my body or head moves.  It took about 300 strands to build this.  I attached the Inspect Object window for it, showing only 1 page out of over 5 pages of strands.  It adds about 30K in complexity, but no lag I can detect.

26c48bd8404392410ff6fd8ac1aa05e5.gif

c32ff6d62cb89c83bc7949ee960f0263.png

ca052a63129156a0b867e7867239eb3f.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Modeling realistic curly hair is an entire THING and flexi just can't come close either. That reminds me - did you ever see the mini documentary about how Disney came up with special hair software to create Tangled and how they adapted those techniques to create hair in Encanto (which is the first movie they did that represents every hair texture)? It's super interesting! 

But yeah, peeve, we are never getting anything even remotely close. I have wanted hair that moves naturally in games foreeever, but seeing what it takes for them to do it in movies, um...yeah...maybe in 10 more years! 😂

Star Citizen has pretty incredible hair tech coming... in typical Star Citizen fashion, everything is pretty bleeding edge and never finished in that game but they have demonstrated some very neat stuff. I think the devs basically use it as a tech demo at this point.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/1861mzh/new_hair_tech_source_sc_leakspipeline/

There's a pretty indepth presentation of their tech from a conference here:

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

My Alt has been wearing a 2009 designed flexi hair since 2011.  I don't see a problem standing in front of windows. It still looks natural to me, and moves when my body or head moves.  It took about 300 strands to build this.  I attached the Inspect Object window for it, showing only 1 page out of over 5 pages of strands.  It adds about 20K in complexity, but no lag I can detect.

26c48bd8404392410ff6fd8ac1aa05e5.gif

It doesn't happen in front of all windows.. Usually if they have transparency in the texture and the flexi has transparency in the strands..

It's basically the alpha glitch that's been around for years.. It can be a wall, a floor  or anything where both transparencies clash.

If you don't have transparency in your strands then it probably wouldn't happen..

If you scroll around the head and start to see a razor blade effect. That would be the strands alpha glitching with each other..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It doesn't happen in front of all windows.. Usually if they have transparency in the texture and the flexi has transparency in the strands..

It's basically the alpha glitch that's been around for years.. It can be a wall, a floor  or anything where both transparencies clash.

If you don't have transparency in your strands then it probably wouldn't happen..

If you scroll around the head and start to see a razor blade effect. That would be the strands alpha glitching with each other..

Sucks that my "old favorite hair" has that glitch! Hoping I get enough "new favorite hairs" that I don't wear it again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Star Citizen has pretty incredible hair tech coming... in typical Star Citizen fashion, everything is pretty bleeding edge and never finished in that game but they have demonstrated some very neat stuff. I think the devs basically use it as a tech demo at this point.

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/1861mzh/new_hair_tech_source_sc_leakspipeline/

There's a pretty indepth presentation of their tech from a conference here:

Star Citizen? That game is never coming out, lol. Been in development longer than I've been alive I'm just saying. *gigglesnorts*

The hair looks fantastic, though, HOWEVER, before he starts patting himself on the back about their "difficult" diverse hairstyles, mayyyybe he might want to tell the team to go back and study them a bit more. 👀

The braids and dreads look to be using the very same hair type the rest of their hairstyles do, and as someone who has worn braids/extensions I'll tell ya - that's not how that works. 😂 They're playing around in the 1s. They can get back to me when they can properly render the 3s and 4s.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sucks that my "old favorite hair" has that glitch! Hoping I get enough "new favorite hairs" that I don't wear it again.

There is some really good mesh hairs out today that you should find something you like eventually.. Sometimes I can look and look and never find that just right  hair.. then one day when not looking, trip over the perfect style..

A lot of flexi hairs years ago didn't glitch because many didn't have the transparency in them.. I remember wearing a lot of the Mermaid flexi hairs years ago..

This is like 2008 and in front of a waterfall that had transparency in it's textures..

My hair would have glitched hard if it had any transparency in it.. lol

2275694752_3b8b4369a9.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Star Citizen? That game is never coming out, lol. Been in development longer than I've been alive I'm just saying. *gigglesnorts*

The hair looks fantastic, though, HOWEVER, before he starts patting himself on the back about their "difficult" diverse hairstyles, mayyyybe he might want to tell the team to go back and study them a bit more. 👀

The braids and dreads look to be using the very same hair type the rest of their hairstyles do, and as someone who has worn braids/extensions I'll tell ya - that's not how that works. 😂 They're playing around in the 1s. They can get back to me when they can properly render the 3s and 4s.

Yeah, I just look at it as more of a tech demo than a game. I hope it demonstrates just how lacking in features SL is though, people have certainly taken the SL engine to its absolute limits but... there's so much missing, the absolute best that can be achieved has pretty much been achieved in SL at this point I think and only a complete ground up bare metal rebuild of the entire engine - with ongoing development to utilize new features as and when they are available in GPU hardware - could ever stand a chance of coming close to the kind of tech demonstrated in those videos.

2 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yeah, I just look at it as more of a tech demo than a game. I hope it demonstrates just how lacking in features SL is though, people have certainly taken the SL engine to its absolute limits but... there's so much missing, the absolute best that can be achieved has pretty much been achieved in SL at this point I think and only a complete ground up bare metal rebuild of the entire engine - with ongoing development to utilize new features as and when they are available in GPU hardware - could ever stand a chance of coming close to the kind of tech demonstrated in those videos.

Ehhh, I dunno if there's really an appetite for a fully modernized SL. Current users seem lukewarm on that and new users are a hard sell. I could be wrong, but I'm in a lot of different life simulation (single and multiplayer) and MMO communities and SL is only ever used to compare something to (ack, that looks like SL) or ripped to shreds (oh that place where the weirdos hang out?). Occasionally, I see a few current residents chatting about it, but overall reception is not great, due to its reputation from years ago or whatever bad experiences people are still telling people about 10 years after they tried it and quit for whatever reason.

If someone else made something like it - maybe. It'd wind up in development as long as Star Citizen, though. 😂

Peeve: I don't need a new SL. All I really want is Haunted Chocolatier, but that, too, is a long way out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There is some really good mesh hairs out today that you should find something you like eventually.. Sometimes I can look and look and never find that just right  hair.. then one day when not looking, trip over the perfect style..

A lot of flexi hairs years ago didn't glitch because many didn't have the transparency in them.. I remember wearing a lot of the Mermaid flexi hairs years ago..

This is like 2008 and in front of a waterfall that had transparency in it's textures..

My hair would have glitched hard if it had any transparency in it.. lol

2275694752_3b8b4369a9.jpg

This is one of my favorite hairs from no.match.  I love how they do curls except the triangle count is crazy.  I'd wear it more if they could lower that.  It's not flexi but it's still a nice hair.  Flexi mesh!  Come on!   Someone ought to be able to do that.

86156240a80e7d16278d2dfe2938d070.thumb.jpg.2b31454d1468a5b91d597d38554f6d96.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

This is one of my favorite hairs from no.match.  I love how they do curls except the triangle count is crazy.  I'd wear it more if they could lower that.  It's not flexi but it's still a nice hair.  Flexi mesh!  Come on!   Someone ought to be able to do that.

That hairstyle is super cute! No.Match is very hit or miss for me, though. I adore their punk/shaved styles and I'm thinking about picking yet another one of those up this weekend, but whenever I try to get something to match my own real texture, it's...not quite great. That's not their fault, though. It's really difficult to do.

I've been wanting to buy more Camo hair, as they really nail some of the braided/dread/loc styles I want to rock and the textures are so goooood, but then I'm back to "I want my head partially shaved tho!" Camo is EvoX only now I think, and I've gone back to my HDPro (it's not easy finding EvoX head tattoos), so that means scouting hairbases. It's rather difficult matching a non-Camo hairbase to a Camo hairstyle. Oh gawd...why is hair so harrrrd? PEEEEEEVE!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Gorgeous!  Yes, I've wanted Flexi mesh for a long time and also flexi mesh for clothes.  It's probably not possible though.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Gorgeous!  Yes, I've wanted Flexi mesh for a long time and also flexi mesh for clothes.  It's probably not possible though.

Wait, it IS possible in dresses. I've seen @Cinnamon Mistwoodwear some. You should ask her. 

31 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Yes, I've wanted Flexi mesh for a long time and also flexi mesh for clothes.  It's probably not possible though.

I'm not sure how hard it would be, or how laggy things would get, but .. I'm not all that keen on the idea, myself. Look at video games with top-modern engines that have physics for capes and such, they tend to look extremely floppy.

Besides, we've got avatar physics, and 95% of the time when I see people using them I just laugh about how it looks like they're about to give themselves a pair of black eyes whenever their AO has them shift.

17 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Wait, it IS possible in dresses.

Those are flexi-prims.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'm not sure how hard it would be, or how laggy things would get, but .. I'm not all that keen on the idea, myself. Look at video games with top-modern engines that have physics for capes and such, they tend to look extremely floppy.

Besides, we've got avatar physics, and 95% of the time when I see people using them I just laugh about how it looks like they're about to give themselves a pair of black eyes whenever their AO has them shift.

Those are flexi-prims.

My bad. I don't know the difference. Could you explain it?

Just now, Bagnu said:

My bad. I don't know the difference. Could you explain it?

Prims can have physics - whether it's hair or a skirt, those are flexi prims. Mesh, as in 3D models designed in Blender and uploaded to SL, can't have that. Prims can be manipulated into suitable shapes and such; there's a fair few dresses that have a mesh base and then has prim bits with physics on them (much like flexi hair might have a static hairbase but parts of the hair itself moves).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Prims can have physics - whether it's hair or a skirt, those are flexi prims. Mesh, as in 3D models designed in Blender and uploaded to SL, can't have that. Prims can be manipulated into suitable shapes and such; there's a fair few dresses that have a mesh base and then has prim bits with physics on them (much like flexi hair might have a static hairbase but parts of the hair itself moves).

I get it. But then the prim bits use textures instead of actual individual strands?

53 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I get it. But then the prim bits use textures instead of actual individual strands?

All hairs do this. If you mesh individual strands of hair, the triangle count would be in the billions. Prim and mesh hairs alike use 'tufts' of hair that then are textured (thus 'alpha hairs', since those textures use alphas to individualise the strands). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

A friend of mine got a dress that was supposed to move while dancing or gently in the wind.  She was so excited about it but for the life of me I could not see it. 

Peeve: Favorite male clothing designer joined Happy Weekend just when I swore off spending money on shopping for a while. 😒

Also, cute ducks for FLF. Ducks. Creators know how to get me, man. Why did I let myself look at the sales, whyyy?

*sulks off to go buy ducks and a suit*