1 minute ago, Saraya Starr said:

OMG, I was wondering why everything started to shake, woke me right up :(

You too? My first thought when the floor started vibrating - man, this coffee is strong.

Second thought once the desk and my chair started shaking - ok, what the heck are the neighbors doing over there...

Third thought once the entire freaking house started shaking: ok well, it's been a good run! 😭😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You too? My first thought when the floor started vibrating - man, this coffee is strong.

Second thought once the desk and my chair started shaking - ok, what the heck are the neighbors doing over there...

Third thought once the entire freaking house started shaking: ok well, it's been a good run! 😭😂

Also minor one this morning near Caruthersville TN...alotta activity today! Just wanted to add that minor ones in the New Madrid line are normal-ish, what worries me if this thing wakes up fully..One of the worst quakes in U.S. history happened along this fault waaaaaaaaaaaay back when.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LOL, yes. Everything was shaking , laying there going WTH is happening?  First we get slammed by Snow, now an Earthquake! Wondering what is coming next ;)

• Like 3

LOL, yes. Everything was shaking , laying there going WTH is happening?  First we get slammed by Snow, now an Earthquake! Wondering what is coming next ;)

That total eclipse is coming....yikes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

Yep, yep, end of the world as we know it ;) I live in Vermont and there are reports that at least 20k people are traveling here to see it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

Also minor one this morning near Caruthersville TN...alotta activity today!

Oof. I'm gonna need the Earth to simmer down a bit. Can't go scaring me like that before I've finished my coffee. 😂

2 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

Lol, don't say that! I happened to be in Twitch chat at the time, so I quickly fired off a message like ummm, anyone else just feel that orrrrr... and yeah, once someone told me it was in New Jersey, I wasn't all that surprised we felt it way out here. Apparently, lots of us felt it up here in the Northeast.

Yep, yep, end of the world as we know it ;) I live in Vermont and there are reports that at least 20k people are traveling here to see it.

You felt it in Vermont??????

• Like 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oof. I'm gonna need the Earth to simmer down a bit. Can't go scaring me like that before I've finished my coffee. 😂

Lol, don't say that! I happened to be in Twitch chat at the time, so I quickly fired off a message like ummm, anyone else just feel that orrrrr... and yeah, once someone told me it was in New Jersey, I wasn't all that surprised we felt it way out here. Apparently, lots of us felt it up here in the Northeast.

You felt it in Vermont??????

Oh, yes I sure did, the house was shaking like crazy..has happened here before, I think I remember 3 times since I moved here.

• Like 2

My thought after watching the newscasters in New York and New Jersey was, "Now East Coast people know why we don't freak out in California when a quake here is under 4.5". That just feels like a big truck going by. 4.8 and higher rattles people a bit more, but most of our buildings are built to withstand quakes, so it's just stuff falling off shelves for the most part. It needs to be over 5.0 before a quake starts to be serious.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

Oh, yes I sure did, the house was shaking like crazy..has happened here before, I think I remember 3 times since I moved here.

They gotta update that ShakeMap. It only extends into Mass! Didn't realize it went that far.

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My thought after watching the newscasters in New York and New Jersey was, "Now East Coast people know why we don't freak out in California when a quake here is under 4.5". That just feels like a big truck going by. 4.8 and higher rattles people a bit more, but most of our buildings are built to withstand quakes, so it's just stuff falling off shelves for the most part.

Yeah, it's pretty rare for us. The last one (there could've been super minor ones since, but nothing I remember feeling) that actually made things shake was when I was at work in an entirely glass building. It started swaying a LOT. We ran out so fast and were too scared to go back in, so we just went home, lol. 👀😩 That was...geez...2011? 5.8 or so in Virginia.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My thought after watching the newscasters in New York and New Jersey was, "Now East Coast people know why we don't freak out in California when a quake here is under 4.5". That just feels like a big truck going by. 4.8 and higher rattles people a bit more, but most of our buildings are built to withstand quakes, so it's just stuff falling off shelves for the most part. It needs to be over 5.0 before a quake starts to be serious.

It's those quick one hard jerk that wakes you out of a sound sleep that freak me out. You think someone just bumped into the bed kind of hard on the way to the bathroom only to find he is sitting at the computer. That's when you find yourself waiting for the next one that never comes. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I'm near the path of totality in Ohio and we're expecting 1/2 million people in the NE Ohio region.  Hotels have been booked solid for a year for this weekend.  A lot of activities start today through Monday.   Good weekend to stay home?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm near the path of totality in Ohio and we're expecting 1/2 million people in the NE Ohio region.  Hotels have been booked solid for a year for this weekend.  A lot of activities start today through Monday.   Good weekend to stay home?  

Yup, stock up with food & toilet paper. Then settle in with your Netflix or Second Life 

4 hours ago, Modulated said:

🎶 There's nothing you can do, a total eclipse of the heart ..! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Orwar said:

🎶 There's nothing you can do, a total eclipse of the heart ..! 

In case you didn't know, this was originally written as a Vampire love song, for a Nosferatu musical!

https://people.com/bonnie-tyler-reveals-total-eclipse-of-the-heart-originally-written-nosferatu-musical-8407477#:~:text=He said%2C “With 'Total,the other great vampire story.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Modulated said:

Also minor one this morning near Caruthersville TN...alotta activity today! Just wanted to add that minor ones in the New Madrid line are normal-ish, what worries me if this thing wakes up fully..One of the worst quakes in U.S. history happened along this fault waaaaaaaaaaaay back when.

That's one thing I'm glad of where we are at in TN.. It's kind of like an island in the land.. It's a rock base that when there is earth quakes that it's kind of like waves washing on a beach.. They hit that base and it slows the waves down..

The bad thing is, everywhere that you go around here, at 36 inches in the ground, you hit rock..

We had a storm that hit and blew the tree over at the house we have in town.. The whole root system on the tree wasn't thick at all, it was really wide but not even 36 inches deep in the ground.. I remember watching it slowly fall during the storm as the wind rocked it with gusts.. I could have walked back and forth under it as it was falling probably 10 times before it finally was down..

It was about as fast and that guy in Austin Powers running that guy over with that big barrel machine, where he sat there and screamed for like 5 minutes before getting run over.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Another peeve today.

Stevia. Pleeeease, for the love of all that's Pedro Pascal in a suit from Dior's Spring 2023 Men's Collection, stop adding sugar substitutes to "zero/no sugar" products. Just keep it bland it's FINE I can add my own sugar omg. Gawd, the aftertaste. I might die. 😒😂

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In case you didn't know, this was originally written as a Vampire love song, for a Nosferatu musical!

He later worked on Dance of the Vampires (a musical version of Roman Polanski's The Fearless Vampire Killers), though it didn't do any well to English-speaking audiences it became very popular in German. Due to a shortage on time (he got the gig a month and a half before the Vienna premiere), he recycled some music he had used prior, which both Meat Loaf and Bonnie Tyler had performed (also some stuff from Dream Engine, Pandora's Box, and Streets of Fire). So he finally got his Vampire musical!

He'd also re-use the intro of Totale Finsternis in Seize the Night on Bat out of Hell III. 

.. Peeve: it hasn't been made into a musical film. I want it. Also I now feel like re-watching The Fearless Vampire Killers. Again!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

He later worked on Dance of the Vampires (a musical version of Roman Polanski's The Fearless Vampire Killers), though it didn't do any well to English-speaking audiences it became very popular in German. Due to a shortage on time (he got the gig a month and a half before the Vienna premiere), he recycled some music he had used prior, which both Meat Loaf and Bonnie Tyler had performed (also some stuff from Dream Engine, Pandora's Box, and Streets of Fire). So he finally got his Vampire musical!

I can't tell who you mean by "he" above, Jim Steinman mentioned in the article? Or Meatloaf?

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I can't tell who you mean by "he" above, Jim Steinman mentioned in the article? Or Meatloaf?

Steinman. He's the guy who wrote the music, hehe.

• Like 1