2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Knowing that you are going to miss the eclipse a couple of hours ahead of time, because it's a cloudy overcast day.

Maybe it'll still get a little dim here.. hehehe

Seen one, seen them all I figure. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Knowing that you are going to miss the eclipse a couple of hours ahead of time, because it's a cloudy overcast day.

Maybe it'll still get a little dim here.. hehehe

I've been mostly ignoring it, but I am sad to report the social memes aren't even funny. Twitter fell off! They're usually way more on top of this stuff.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've been mostly ignoring it, but I am sad to report the social memes aren't even funny. Twitter fell off! They're usually way more on top of this stuff.

Eclipse-Truth-Blank.thumb.png.280df7fcce725845a0fb5169dfbdd3ae.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Peeve, the night is falling here and will hold on until around 6 tomorrow morning and we don't even have an eclipse.

Edited by Sid Nagy
One e was not on time for the deadline, so I added another one.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

EclipseTruth.thumb.webp.0fa635c68eb8482a0c4d8129f2ed1abc.webp

Lol, that's cute, BUT...this eclipse has nothing on Dec 2020. I dunno if you remember that, but those memes had me falling out of my chaaaaaaaaair.

There was another event where some guy predicted the end of the world. Can't remember when that happened, but Twitter was completely out of pocket that day, too. 😂

Today's memes feel so mid! I'm gonna need Twitter to wake up a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I dunno if you remember that, but those memes had me falling out of my chaaaaaaaaair.

Yes, but three quarters of those centred on a certain important politician who somewhat idiotically just stared at the eclipse without glasses.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

But furries don't find being taken to the V.   E.   T. even remotely amusing.

I took it as an unintentional reference to whichever Robert A. Heinlein novel had a "vet-like" God, not sure if it was "Time Enough for Love", or perhaps "To Sail Beyond the Sunset".

Of course, taken literally it's more like Stephen King's "Under the Dome", but that was about just about immature aliens causing mischief.

• Like 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, but three quarters of those centred on a certain important politician who somewhat idiotically just stared at the eclipse without glasses.

No no, not that. Nooothing to do with that.

LOL, the superpowers bit. 😂😂😂 

It's possible you missed it since that was a very inside joke, LMAO. I do remember quite a few people being completely lost as to what 99% of those tweets even meant. 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve, the night is falling here and will hold on until around 6 tomorrow morning and we don't even have an eclips.

Same here :( We've been denied...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I took it as an unintentional reference to whichever Robert A. Heinlein novel had a "vet-like" God, not sure if it was "Time Enough for Love", or perhaps "To Sail Beyond the Sunset".

Neither.

"Time enough for love" was about some guy from a secretive amateur eugenics breeding program, who turns out to be almost immortal.

"To sail beyond Sunset" was about his mother, and her ultimately getting rescued by her time traveling immortal son just before she died in a traffic accident, getting rejuvenated, and becoming a red headed nympho.

The "Nympho Red Head" theme was increasingly common in Bob's later works, along with the theme that "Cute Red Head Nymphos are uncontrollably attracted to fat, bald, elderly Sci-Fi writers".

Closest to a "Vet-Like God" I can think of would be Bob's book "Job".

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The garbage bag superpowers one is being recirculated.

Then there's this.

GKqDuAuW8AAoP-a?format=jpg&name=small

Nope. Not that either, LOL.

From Blavity:

On a Twitter thread about the coronavirus vaccine conspiracy theories, one woman floated the idea that Dec. 21 would feature Black people gaining special abilities. 

Black folks on Twitter not only roasted the woman for her outlandish theory but turned it into a meme that spawned days of top-tier jokes.

Even Missy got in on it, lol.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

On a Twitter thread about the coronavirus vaccine conspiracy theories, one woman floated the idea that Dec. 21 would feature Black people gaining special abilities. 

Are we sure this wasn't a confused reference to the movie, "The American Society of Magical Negroes"?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are we sure this wasn't a confused reference to the movie, "The American Society of Magical Negroes"?

I aw a plot summary for that.

"A young man, Aren, is recruited into a secret society of magical Black people who dedicate their lives to a cause of utmost importance: making white people’s lives easier."

I suspect there's a good reason for it's IMDB rating of 2.7.

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

• Thanks 1