1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I tried to look that up as I hadn't a clue, but the search engine kept giving me a lot of answers around genetics, or recipes, so to enlighten me, what is the flavour for celibates?  Do you just get the wafer and no ice cream?

Oh I read that as Celebrities at first.. I was gonna ask, Is Dry a flavor? hehehe

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

That's like a given. A Law of Nature.
without-coffee.gif.7100cc676f9cf359c85a44bb3f9cc627.gif

Fortunately, as a tea-drinker, I immensely prefer darkness and chaos!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

That's pretty cool .. Although .. There may be a slight problem with having a plastic thing across your gums when they're stuffed with snus. 

The fang flip-down trick will be a lot less suave when accompanied by an avalanche of tobacco, I reckon! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sooo many peeves today, but this one is at the front of my mind for some unknown reason (I think the part of my brain that stops me from saying certain things out loud is still fast asleep perhaps)

Peeve:

A friend out in real life who I have known since 1986, but who I lost touch with until 2020, and who was the main person who got me through the covid lockdowns, has a tendency to embellish the truth, and for some reason has it in his head that I was (am) able to proudly fart on demand. 

This is not a "skill" of mine, never has been. But I find I am on the edge of deleting him from my life again because of this belief of his. 

o.O

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Sooo many peeves today, but this one is at the front of my mind for some unknown reason (I think the part of my brain that stops me from saying certain things out loud is still fast asleep perhaps)

Peeve:

A friend out in real life who I have known since 1986, but who I lost touch with until 2020, and who was the main person who got me through the covid lockdowns, has a tendency to embellish the truth, and for some reason has it in his head that I was (am) able to proudly fart on demand. 

This is not a "skill" of mine, never has been. But I find I am on the edge of deleting him from my life again because of this belief of his. 

o.O

I know it sounds crazy but look at it this way… There are worse beliefs Mari. Some people I know believe I have the skill to magic up money on demand… I’d rather fart 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I know it sounds crazy but look at it this way… There are worse beliefs Mari. Some people I know believe I have the skill to magic up money on demand… I’d rather fart 😅

Thank you for giving me perspective. I do get bent out of shape about the most peculiar and trivial of things. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I have to admit, I LoL'd at the OP, while understanding (sincerely) that it is a real peeve. Honestly? If skillful farting were the worst thing I'd been accused of, I'd be a happy camper. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve:

o.O

I thought of two possible explanations for this bizarre "belief".  I like thinking of reasons people may be um..."different".

Both potential explanations point to your friend being either "out of touch with reality", or a scamp.

Awesome peeve, thank you for sharing it with us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought of two possible explanations for this bizarre "belief".  I like thinking of reasons people may be um..."different".

Both potential explanations point to your friend being either "out of touch with reality", or a scamp.

Awesome peeve, thank you for sharing it with us!

He can be a bit of a scamp, but as someone with a history of embellishing the truth I would say it is more because he is out of touch with reality, and his reality is his reality only. He may have always admired females who could fart to order, but this was never something I was aware of back in the day. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that...🙂 My family told me I was born without a belly button, so they had to hold me down and drill one in...which I told my school when I was 8 :$ My friend also told me that a girl we knew lost her arm after she tried to inject ground coffee beans into her veins for an instant caffeine rush, but got bloodclots instead...I repeated that, but got called into the head's office and was told "Don't be so ridiculous...she's fine, her family had to move." :$  But ask my friend and...apparently that coffee lie was MINE now...? 🤔

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Well...I would say, if he helped you through COVID, maybe overlook a little white lie here and there 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

/me pulls up my old-fart chair (not to be confused with the skillful farting chair), and muses, "Well, kiddies, I remember a time when closing a thread was a Big Deal, as it almost never happened! IKR? Nowadays it is a Normal Tuesday sort of thing around here..."

/me gets a confused look on face (not uncommon), and continues to ponder, "Is posting an anti-peeve on topic on a peeve thread?"

For I have an anti-peeve: For once I got an actual, serious comment that I wanted to make IBTL! Woot! My peeve, should you choose to accept it, is that I don't know if I can post anti-peeves.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

/me pulls up my old-fart chair (not to be confused with the skillful farting chair), and muses, "Well, kiddies, I remember a time when closing a thread was a Big Deal, as it almost never happened! IKR? Nowadays it is a Normal Tuesday sort of thing around here..."

/me gets a confused look on face (not uncommon), and continues to ponder, "Is posting an anti-peeve on topic on a peeve thread?"

For I have an anti-peeve: For once I got an actual, serious comment that I wanted to make IBTL! Woot! My peeve, should you choose to accept it, is that I don't know if I can post anti-peeves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

He may have always admired females who could fart to order, but this was never something I was aware of back in the day. 

Ok, I can't resist.

Plausible theory of belief origin ("non-scamp" version): 

1) All women can "hold their farts", therefore..

2) All women have "reserve farts" and therefore can "fart on demand"!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, I can't resist.

Plausible theory of belief origin ("non-scamp" version): 

1) All women can "hold their farts", therefore..

2) All women have "reserve farts" and therefore can "fart on demand"!

NOT when there is that inbuilt fear of sharting! 

• Haha 1