So in an effort to *try* to get my inventory back under 200K...I'm FINALLY opening everything I have had lying around for years (ie Shop & Hop and other event gifts etc)...and sorting through them, keeping what I like, deleting what I don't, and all I have to say is...

OMG ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE CHOKERS AND DRINKS!!!!!

I know its not nice to rip on free stuff...but OMG!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'll admit I'm totally befuzzled by this phenomenon. There's obviously a cultural reference I'm missing.

Help anyone?

From Japanese Manga, most often.

Character with a partially eaten fish is most common in my experience.

ETA: But in real life, I've known people who used a "BBQ rib" to eat their rice so from that I can see why some characters may use certain other foods as "mouth attachments".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

ETA: But in real life, I've known people who used a "BBQ rib" to eat their rice so from that I can see why some characters may use certain other foods as "mouth attachments".

I feel like a looooooooot of SL fashion trends are heavily influenced by anime and manga.

A lot of stuff that appears in the big events, anyway.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I feel like a looooooooot of SL fashion trends are heavily influenced by anime and manga.

A lot of stuff that appears in the big events, anyway.

Well. That explains why I have no interest in the majority of "trends" in SL. I have no interest in anime or manga.

Thanks for helping me figure that out! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes! Most neko stores sold the fish bone lip attachment...I remember trying to make that fit with snake bite piercings, cat eyeliner and face scratches 🙂 Too few facial attachments!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As a vegetarian, I liken them to a zombie walking around with a hand or arm in its mouth. Cute!

The food makes a lot more sense, though, than the jewelry.

Though honestly, I don't dislike that either. Some of the avatars I make could make good use of it. I just haven't gotten around to buying any yet. I've already got so many accessories...the last thing I need to start hoarding is mouth jewels. 😄

They're kind of pretty tho, even if it's not exactly realistic! It's not like anything I do here is realistic, sooooo...

image.png.4b3cadaae2069dd4e0f6dc09a93f7d6e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The food makes a lot more sense, though, than the jewelry.

Though honestly, I don't dislike that either. Some of the avatars I make could make good use of it. I just haven't gotten around to buying any yet. I've already got so many accessories...the last thing I need to start hoarding is mouth jewels. 😄

They're kind of pretty tho, even if it's not exactly realistic! It's not like anything I do here is realistic, sooooo...

image.png.4b3cadaae2069dd4e0f6dc09a93f7d6e.png

Not sure if pulling chains would yank her face off, or yank her teeth out?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not sure if pulling chains would yank her face off, or yank her teeth out?

I used to think they were piercings at first. Then I thought they were necklaces (some have some pretty chunky chains and nameplates and things). Now I just...roll with it. It's whatever it wants to be! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I used to think they were piercings at first. Then I thought they were necklaces (some have some pretty chunky chains and nameplates and things). Now I just...roll with it. It's whatever it wants to be! 

Anytime I see things like that, it reminds me of the cringe of seeing someone chewing tinfoil..🥴

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I guess if it were manga, each chain would be connected to a different weapon  that you could regurgitate at will.

• Like 1

So, I ran "Scylla Rhiadra" through one of the ChatGPT text generators, and asked for a 500 word essay.

It is so uncannily accurate, that I almost feel violated. An excerpt:

"In Homer’s Odyssey, Odysseus and his crew encountered the two similarly dangerous situations of Scylla Rhiadra and her counterpart Charybdis. Odysseus was so taken by the beautiful Scylla that he wanted to win her affections, so he requested a love potion from the witch Circe."

Well, part of this is wrong. Odysseus should know that he doesn't need a love potion to win my affection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: when you're out of blinker fluid but don't know.

I always assume that blinkers must have been an option when they bought their car.  I think they need to retest people after they've had their license 20 years.  I swear people forget everything they learned in Driver's Ed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, epiclolz said:

Serious peeve: people who slow almost to a crawl a gazillion feet before their turn, but they never turn on their blinker so I know wth they're slowing down for.

Because someone is in the passengers seat saying , Turn here! Them saying, no this isn't our turn. Then the other person saying, YES IT IS! \o/

Then them finally just giving in and turning anyways.. hehehehe

• Haha 2