14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am very disturbed -- someone was harassing people on my region yesterday with a demo ding dong. I mean they couldn't even manage to buy one...what has become of griefers these days?

It kind of makes sense to me. If they are a griffer Alt, then why waste L$ on the "unreal thing"?

But then again, using a Demo is just plain tacky.  A Freenis would be more "n00b-like". I guess it "worked" since a demo is even more annoying?

I realized halfway through, that you're probably making a "funny-yet-actual-peeve", good show!

• Haha 1

Peeve: Gave Speedlight.io a try for the first time in awhile (I am a "Gold" member and also take advantage of the PP benefits)..

It looks a lot better, with a lot more features than I remember last time I tried..

BUT - I'm not sure it can show "script chat".  (At least, it does not show any chat from the attachments my avatar usually wears.)

If not, I won't be able to use it for testing my scripts with my alt LoveX!

Guess I need to make a prim with a default script, touch it from Speedlight.io, and check that I see "Hello, Avatar!" and "Touched".

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Peeve - All of the merchants whose gifts have nothing to do with what they create & sell.  IMO, gifts should represent your normal work. After all, aren't they (in theory) trying to entice us to shop at their store?

So agree... and the gifts are too often quite... ubiquitous. Yet another -

mug

choker, bracelet

headband

Peeved!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Gave Speedlight.io a try for the first time in awhile (I am a "Gold" member and also take advantage of the PP benefits)..

It looks a lot better, with a lot more features than I remember last time I tried..

BUT - I'm not sure it can show "script chat".  (At least, it does not show any chat from the attachments my avatar usually wears.)

If not, I won't be able to use it for testing my scripts with my alt LoveX!

Guess I need to make a prim with a default script, touch it from Speedlight.io, and check that I see "Hello, Avatar!" and "Touched".

Ok, logged back in and I have object chat. Could be a test environment!

Is it just me, or is SL really awful today?

In the last few hours:

1) It's been REALLY slow to load and laggy when it does.

2) Half of my recent purchases disappeared (I got them back by clearing and reloading cache)

3) I've either been unable to TP at all, or I've crashed (twice!) doing it

4) I got a message I've never seen before: "You failed to pay xxxxxx L$60"

5) I now can't log back in.

Maybe I should just take the hint and do something else?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NVM. I see it's not just me.

This is MOST inconvenient.

I HAVE SHOPPING TO DO!!!

ETA: As a friend of mine just noted, Saturday seems an odd day for a "scheduled" maintenance, especially one that pretty much crashes everything.

"Scheduled"

quotation-marks-air-quotes.gif

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, we had to 'schedule' some maintenance because one of our backend databases broke and hosed everything up for everyone.

"Absolutely it was scheduled! We've had this maintenance on the calendar since . . . *checks* . . . five minutes ago!"

• Like 2

When you are such a hoarder that you box up original packages after you unpack them in boxes by the month you purchase them (ie Jan 23, Feb 23 etc) and you're wanting to add stuff to the Feb box....and its not in the "Box Stuff" folder!!!!  So you do an inventory search and it is not there ANYWHERE, so starts the major freak out thinking you have deleted it, along with everything you purchased in February so far...only to finally notice that you already rezzed it ready to start packing.

blonde.jpg.51ba8792afa4c6525f4ee5b1b70de522.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Peeve:

Constantly having to be aware the pavements (sidewalks) are not safe to walk on at any time of the day. Boils my wee wee even more that I failed my first driving test for allowing one wheel to go onto the pavement (during a three point turn) and every single day supposedly qualified drivers disregard the fact pavements are for pedestrians.

Obviously their motto is:

"Keep death off the road, drive on the pavements!"

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Boils my wee wee even more

Is this the same as the dessert, "Spotted Dick"?

29 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Obviously their motto is:

"Keep death off the road, drive on the pavements!"

I've seen bumper sticks on wheelchairs in RL that said, "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!"

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Boils my wee wee

I have heard "chaps my hide" and "burns my bum/butt", but this is a new one to me.

I see Clarence the cross-eyed our silly lion was brave enough to ask what I dared not! 

This is not meant as an insult, it's meant in good humor. I loved Clarence.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is this the same as the dessert, "Spotted Dick"?

I've seen bumper sticks on wheelchairs in RL that said, "If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!"

Spotted Dick was a disgusting stodgy pudding from schooldays.

Wee wee = urine

So nothing similar.

Here is an intermission.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Spotted Dick was a disgusting stodgy pudding from schooldays.

Wee wee = urine

So nothing similar.

Oh good. I was hoping that is what you meant. lol 😊

A wee wee means you might not need to change your underwear. 🤭

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

Creators that are too cheap to upload a DEMO version of their BOM clothing, so for outfits that are part BOM and part mesh, all you get in the demo is the mesh part.  Just how in the hell do they expect me to judge the BOM parts?  That just wiped out a half dozen outfits that I might have bought there.

• Like 2

SL Peeve #342: When you try to TP to your home spot and the game just sits spinning...  Then Crash and burns.

RL Peeve #342: When you're stuck at a traffic light and after it goes green the person in front doesn't move.  He/she is staring at their stupid phone --- long enough for the light to cycle back to red.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Can't type.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

RL Peeve #342: When you're stuck at a traffic light and after if goes green the person in front doesn't move.  He/she is staring at their stupid phone --- long enough for the light to cycle back to red.

I give people about 5 seconds or so before I start honking the horn to wake them up.  This really sucks when it is a left turn arrow, because those never last long unless it is a super busy intersection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

RL Peeve #342: When you're stuck at a traffic light and after it goes green the person in front doesn't move.  He/she is staring at their stupid phone --- long enough for the light to cycle back to red.

This!!! Especially when they're in the left turn lane.  Don't know how many times I just want to get out and give them a slap.

• Like 2