7 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You must have applied for something more than just a regular driver's license. You tryna be a trucker? Do ya know the lingo? What's yer 20? We gots bears in the air! Rod knocker, baby! That's a 10-4 good buddy! 🤭

It's the UK 'Hazard Perception' test.  Personally, it seems a bit too picky, so I'm glad we don't have it here in the US.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's the UK 'Hazard Perception' test.  Personally, it seems a bit too picky, so I'm glad we don't have it here in the US.

We need it in Tennessee, Because people are just the worst drivers ever..

I swear I never seen so many people drive over the middle line anywhere more than around here.. 8 out of 10 drivers are just drifters..

95776aef81f51fdc536d89925f7785ed--januar

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My instructor actually told me "Click it a few times, to make sure" :/ Which doesn't make me feel very confident! Sometimes I get 5/5, then I retake the same clip for practice and get 2/5 because my first click was a second and a half earlier...and if you click too many times, it automatically fails you. 

I have really been studying hard on the questions and rules though since last year, so hoping I pass! Though I failed my mock practical test, for reverse parking on the pavement and giving a wrong signal :$...so will probably take some time, but it's better than me ending up like in Ceka's pictures, lol.

• Like 4

So . . . I guess we're allowed to talk about that subject now?

About . . . you know . . . that web site?

The one I'm still nervous about naming after having received a 3 day suspension for posting about it.

Peeve: I wish this place didn't feel so much like a minefield right now.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

My instructor actually told me "Click it a few times, to make sure" :/ Which doesn't make me feel very confident! Sometimes I get 5/5, then I retake the same clip for practice and get 2/5 because my first click was a second and a half earlier...and if you click too many times, it automatically fails you. 

I have really been studying hard on the questions and rules though since last year, so hoping I pass! Though I failed my mock practical test, for reverse parking on the pavement and giving a wrong signal :$...so will probably take some time, but it's better than me ending up like in Ceka's pictures, lol.

You are studying hard and when it comes test time, Just overcome whatever tries to get in your way and say, I'm not leaving here without passing this..

You'll do it, you sound like you are really prepared.. If I get nervous or anything. I just get out of my own head and remind myself why I'm here and  tell myself, we're doing this. you just  need to get yourself right  back into that place you want to be when you feel something trying to take you out of it..

Getting nervous is what usually tries to take me out of something almost every time.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The one I'm still nervous about naming after having received a 3 day suspension for posting about it.

This place has felt like a mind field ever since I can remember.. hehehe

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Please post about it, and let us know how it goes!

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If a "mind" field, it's very infertile ground!

That was a typo, but I sat and thought about it on a bigger scale..

How much of my SL is based on impulse rather than ideas I come up with?

Like weekly events for instance.. When i shop, am I going shopping because I realized I need something or is it  because of impulse because i went to a sale and said, I could use that some day or now?

How much of my SL is influenced by other things than myself and my ideas? OMG I'm in the freaking matrix and didn't realize it until a typo open mah eyes!! \o/

hehehehe

This is some really good tea.:D

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

How much of my SL is influenced by other things than myself and my ideas? OMG I'm in the freaking matrix and didn't realize it until a typo open mah eyes!! \o/

hehehehe

This is some really good tea.:D

It's like the movie "They Live" with the "OBEY" signs. You need special glasses to see the signs or our controllers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's like the movie "They Live" with the "OBEY" signs. You need special glasses to see the signs or our controllers!

I think I seen that one time a long time ago.. I don't remember too much from it but a couple of things.. I remember them beating each other up to put the glasses on.. hehehehe

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

It's galling - and a pet peeve so fits in right here - to see the kind of idiotic antics supposedly qualified drivers get up to. They really think when approaching the crossings with lights that an amber light that is just about to turn red means they are supposed to speed up, when back in my day (grandma!) and surely still applies now, the amber light means you are supposed to slow down and prepare to stop. Whether there happen to be pedestrians there or not!

Another pet peeve is people who take the wrong position on roundabouts, people who don't signal when turning. As a pedestrian and a driver it is equally frustrating/annoying. 

The hazard perception tests and tweaks to the Highway Code are meant to prevent some of these bad habits from developing but ...

/me climbs off this soap box and probably straight onto another.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeved that I just can't roll my eyes hard enough sometimes when people say the same dang thing repeatedly in various threads.  Just stop already!

This one burns me. I think I am quite guilty of repeating myself quite often. 

But then I too get annoyed when I see or hear the same thing over and over again by the same culprits. 

We are but creatures of (bad) habit(s).

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:
16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeved that I just can't roll my eyes hard enough sometimes when people say the same dang thing repeatedly in various threads.  Just stop already!

Some "elders" such as myself, may not even realize we are repeating ourselves!

ETA: I'm sure that I said that before..

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

But then I too get annoyed when I see or hear the same thing over and over again by the same culprits. 

We are but creatures of (bad) habit(s).

Rest assured, it's not you and it's always nice to see you back.  😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Being dragged out of bed to weld the ban hammer before I've even had my coffee.

(Calling @Lindal Kidd)

Yes they will tend to break if they are over-used and need welding. 

It can be a mind field right from the gecko. 😁

Edited by Marigold Devin
Thank you for making me titter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Peeve: Had to add a third type of "Pointer" today for my big scripting project:

1) Pointers to "instances" - like classes / objects, they get their own data space for each instance. Pointer includes GUID identifying the specific instance, with data providing address to the related code.

2) Pointers to "libraries / non-class code" - unlike classes, there's just one..they have their own data, but just one copy/instance.  Pointer is just data providing address of the related code and (optionally) data.

3) Pointers to "not-yet-loaded" code; unlike 1) or 2), we don't know the address of the code because it hasn't been loaded yet. We only know the Scope and Schema for its Code and Data.  But once its loaded, the Scope and Schema are all we need to find the addresses. Didn't think I'd need this, but am only now getting to the "not-yet-loaded" use-case.

Hope that's it..plus of course "Local Instance" data pointers, which are just a variation on #1 with a limited lifespan. (Local instance data is deleted when a subroutine returns.)

5 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:
5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Being dragged out of bed to weld the ban hammer before I've even had my coffee.

(Calling @Lindal Kidd)

Yes they will tend to break if they are over-used and need welding. 

It can be a mind field right from the gecko. 😁

I had to read this several times to get it. Good job! It's a mindfield out there!

• Haha 1