/me skips in in a GREAT mood and gathers up all the stray peeves.  One at a time she picks them up taking care to be gentle and keep them whole.  The peeves are placed into a paper bag until it is overflowing with minor negativities. She will need several bags to hold them all. 

She puts them into a trunk lined with a soft plush fabric making sure they are comfortable. She gives the peeves some encouragement and praise for a job well done then drives the trunk to an airfield.  Running her hands through the peeves, she maks a point to recognize the importance of each and every one of them.  They are all worthy. 

The trunk is attached to some chains and lifted into the air by a helicopter.  The pilot has orders to take the heavy trunk to the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  She waits patiently, absent-mindedly rubbing her thumb back and forth on a small box with a red button until the helicopter pilot radios to say he is in position and starts a countdown.

She pauses for a fraction of a second after "zero" then presses the red button igniting the bomb she placed in the trunk effectively destroying all the minor irritations in a blast worthy of the accumulative effect of the load they placed on people.  The pilot sends word that he made it out of the blast zone without issue.

She lifts her face to the warmth of the  sun for a moment, then skips off again with a jump and a click of her heels.  

Love you guys ♥️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

/me skips in in a GREAT mood and gathers up all the stray peeves.  One at a time she picks them up taking care to be gentle and keep them whole.  The peeves are placed into a paper bag until it is overflowing with minor negativities. She will need several bags to hold them all. 

She puts them into a trunk lined with a soft plush fabric making sure they are comfortable. She gives the peeves some encouragement and praise for a job well done then drives the trunk to an airfield.  Running her hands through the peeves, she maks a point to recognize the importance of each and every one of them.  They are all worthy. 

The trunk is attached to some chains and lifted into the air by a helicopter.  The pilot has orders to take the heavy trunk to the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  She waits patiently, absent-mindedly rubbing her thumb back and forth on a small box with a red button until the helicopter pilot radios to say he is in position and starts a countdown.

She pauses for a fraction of a second after "zero" then presses the red button igniting the bomb she placed in the trunk effectively destroying all the minor irritations in a blast worthy of the accumulative effect of the load they placed on people.  The pilot sends word that he made it out of the blast zone without issue.

She lifts her face to the warmth of the  sun for a moment, then skips off again with a jump and a click of her heels.  

Love you guys ♥️

You can't get rid of me that easily! *shakes fist*

06915282-2e88-428e-94e8-3bb4ce98929d_tex

• Haha 2

Driving hazard perception test videos :/ You get penalised if you click too early, so even if you see a van about to pull out, you have to guess when the computer wants you to click and wait until it's a metre away :S...and some of the video content is so pixellated I can only just about see what's happening...I have my theory test next week and need to score enough points on hazard perception, or I'll fail :/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Love you guys ♥️

Awesome - now the thread has room for tons more peeves.

Thanks!!!

• Haha 3

On 2/3/2023 at 11:07 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh my pet peeve is that not all photos are not 3d so I can cam around and see an expanded view. I constantly catch myself trying to cam around when watching youtube or even just pictures thinking I am inworld!

And in a similar vein, I get a tad frustrated, after being in Second Life and being able to cam around, at not being able to do the same thing with Google maps/Street View!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

And in a similar vein, I get a tad frustrated, after being in Second Life and being able to cam around, at not being able to do the same thing with Google maps/Street View!

That's when you know you've been in SL too long. (Hey, how come I can't pan around too see the other side of the toaster on Amazon?)

A peeve of my own: Skin makers who used to make their own body skins in their own skin tone ranges are now pushing towards Velour. When they have new head skin releases, they seemed to stop making them in their own color ranges. You have to go to Velour for the body now. WHYYYYYYY??!! Velour looks like clay. :(

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If people would just adopt their pet peeves from the Peeve Rescue, we wouldn't have this overpopulation and Cinnamon could retire.

On the contrary, we need to keep Cinnamon busy, to keep her out of trouble.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Love you guys ♥️

You blew up AND drowned our peeves?!

How violent!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Driving hazard perception test videos :/ You get penalised if you click too early, so even if you see a van about to pull out, you have to guess when the computer wants you to click and wait until it's a metre away :S...and some of the video content is so pixellated I can only just about see what's happening...I have my theory test next week and need to score enough points on hazard perception, or I'll fail :/

It's rather a long time since I passed my driving test (1983 in fact) and back then we didn't have to do this, so it was rather fun to have a go now and see what my perceptions are like. 

Don't be afraid to click!

Back in the day we didn't term so much as an actual hazard, but you have to assume that everyone else on the road is a complete idiot by the looks of those videos.

The snow one was fun.

I don't like night time driving (or even being a passenger when the visibility is a bit rubbish).

None of the videos I watched factored in being blinded by other people's headlights.

Good luck next week with your test.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

You must have applied for something more than just a regular driver's license. You tryna be a trucker? Do ya know the lingo? What's yer 20? We gots bears in the air! Rod knocker, baby! That's a 10-4 good buddy! 🤭

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

It's rather a long time since I passed my driving test (1983 in fact) and back then we didn't have to do this, so it was rather fun to have a go now and see what my perceptions are like. 

Don't be afraid to click!

Back in the day we didn't term so much as an actual hazard, but you have to assume that everyone else on the road is a complete idiot by the looks of those videos.

The snow one was fun.

I don't like night time driving (or even being a passenger when the visibility is a bit rubbish).

None of the videos I watched factored in being blinded by other people's headlights.

Good luck next week with your test.

Thanks! 😍

53 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

We gots bears in the air! 🤭

I was warned about horses but not that! :/

image.jpeg.d78b28c0eb63a0a90b46a657804699c7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Peeve: Hover heights.

Well, not that they're there - they're quite useful when you're wearing heels or platforms, and for doing the good old ~pop~ underground when you want to make a dramatic exit. But if you've got a pair of heels on that requires you to put in say 0.12 metres of hover to stand on the ground without having your feet (and those heels!) through the floor, and then you sit down on something your butt is 0.12 metres over the seat, it's so annoying to have to go back and forth to change it whenever you sit down and stand up. 

There should be two separate hover height sliders for when standing and when sitting! This ain't 2012, we don't generally wear our heels on our butts anymore! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Companies who always want to know how they're doing.

Certainly here in the UK, it is safe to say that if we're not complaining about it then you're doing OK.

eon bills too high.jpg

This calls for the "too damn high" meme guy. The bills are getting outrageously high everywhere. I sit here grumbling at how my electric bill manged to double in price.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: Hover heights.

Well, not that they're there - they're quite useful when you're wearing heels or platforms, and for doing the good old ~pop~ underground when you want to make a dramatic exit. But if you've got a pair of heels on that requires you to put in say 0.12 metres of hover to stand on the ground without having your feet (and those heels!) through the floor, and then you sit down on something your butt is 0.12 metres over the seat, it's so annoying to have to go back and forth to change it whenever you sit down and stand up. 

There should be two separate hover height sliders for when standing and when sitting! This ain't 2012, we don't generally wear our heels on our butts anymore! 

I had the same problem.  These mesh based shoebases solved it for me:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blimey-Shoe-Bases/21281072

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I had the same problem.  These mesh based shoebases solved it for me:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blimey-Shoe-Bases/21281072

The trouble with that kind of offset is it also offsets your cursor when trying to cam in, if I'm .1 metres higher up if I try to anchor my camera on my nose to get a good close-up of my avi I instead get anchored on the chin. It's the same with many horses, makes it a real hassle to use the camera!

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

We don’t need to make a copy of the ugly hack that was added to paper over the problems with the basic animation system. We need a new animation system. 

Yeah, well, until we can get a brand spanking new bicycle it wouldn't hurt to fix the flat tyre on the one we have to ride to work, hm?