9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: I looked through all the weekend sales ads and didn't find a single article of clothing that I would wear. Dear sellers and creators: I have money to spend if you will offer me something that doesn't show my underwear, make it look like my bewbs are about to slip out, and has a decent texture.

Bonus peeve: hitting the "Mark Site as Read" option to clear the slate and start over just to come back from refilling my coffee to see I needed to mark it all read again.

I looked through them as well.. The big turn off for me was, seeing adds with so many using A.I. for their adds and knowing their stuff isn't anywhere near the quality of what the adds are showing.. Same for the events..

I'm about done with those really.. Especially if they are not gonna actually have confidence in their own work to show it off.. I'm sure not gonna  have any in it if they don't..

hehehe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now I'm curious. I didn't peek at this weekend's stuff yet. I'll take a look and report back.

Peeve: I still need to buy a PSU so I can actually get back on my PC. I just keep getting lost in research and I'm paranoid about buying a dud. I hate spending a lot of money at once so much and the whole ordeal gives me analysis paralysis. 

cant-head-ache.gif

• Like 2

Okay, I browsed the sales. And now I'm peeved that I let myself browse the sales.

Peeve: There's a lot of cute stuff this weekend and now I want it. Funny, though, for most things I'd want, it was "Ooooo, this would look so cute on my frog!" So, your mileage may vary on the clothing front. All full coverage, though.

Also, OMG AAAAHHHH CROCKY IS ON SALE YAAAAAY! I missed him at his release event. Another "this would look so cute with my frog!" thing, for the Princess and the Frog vibes. Don't mind me. Probably getting him in pink, though.

Guess I know which avatar to take shopping this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Peeve: I need a new printer, just for printing documents, and I need it quite soon.  The problem is that tech has moved on from when I last bought one, and I have yet to find a simple plug'n'play that doesn't want you to connect umpteen devices over WiFi.  I do not use WiFi.  I haven't got any devices that I want to connect to it other than my pc, and I'll use a physical connection for that, thank you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Peeve: I need a new printer, just for printing documents, and I need it quite soon.  The problem is that tech has moved on from when I last bought one, and I have yet to find a simple plug'n'play that doesn't want you to connect umpteen devices over WiFi.  I do not use WiFi.  I haven't got any devices that I want to connect to it other than my pc, and I'll use a physical connection for that, thank you.

Buy a brother laser printer that looks like this.

Brother HL-L2460DW Compact Monochrome Laser Printer

get a new one, or an old one from a thrift store .. it really doesn't matter, they don't break.

They are absolute tanks. They run forever. 3rd party toner is fine. No evil. No subscriptions. No nonsense.

USB cable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: I looked through all the weekend sales ads and didn't find a single article of clothing that I would wear. Dear sellers and creators: I have money to spend if you will offer me something that doesn't show my underwear, make it look like my bewbs are about to slip out, and has a decent texture.

I would like to add my personal peeves about fashion here:
- for males it is nicer to wear clothing in the right size
- We don't usually walk around with permanent erections
- We really know how to button down a shirt and how to tuck in a shirt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

I would like to add my personal peeves about fashion here:
- for males it is nicer to wear clothing in the right size
- We don't usually walk around with permanent erections
- We really know how to button down a shirt and how to tuck in a shirt

1. I promise not to comment on your too short pants with the boxers peeking out the top and a bulge that leaves nothing to the imagination. 

2. Your permanent erection is not something I can help with at all.

3. I can help you button the shirt correctly, but tucking is all on you.

* cough* 

😊

Also, yes, (peeve) I have been attempting to kit out a male alt, but I've run into the same issue. I just don't like the clothes available for men either.  It's a laborious process with little reward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: SL has the best avatars in the market, but sadly tons of fashion and accessories creators put in a lot of effort to make them look as ugly as possible. :(

Oh my gosh yes. I keep seeing pop-up ads from groups with some free or promo-priced dress, but when I look it's a strapless mini dress with no texture or shading, just a flat color.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Major peeve: I can't keep things rezzed worth a damn because I'm on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card and it's struuuugggggggggling, but we're too cute not to share. Here we are in our low rez glory!

Not bought any clothes yet. Might not. It's too hard to move around and navigate. Candy Crocky was the only MUST buy this weekend, so mission accomplished, lol.

image.thumb.png.ec941d672dca5e689300fdbb23a9336b.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

PEEVE: Gathering a bunch of demos from different stores for hair, then looking up to see how much money you have, then at the same time seeing you are on the wrong avatar..

Omg, I really hate when that happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine is when I gather a bunch of demos but RL calls and I'm forced to log before trying any of them on. It's such a pain trying to locate all the demos after logging back in. Which is probably why I have 50k items in my inventory lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

Mine is when I gather a bunch of demos but RL calls and I'm forced to log before trying any of them on. It's such a pain trying to locate all the demos after logging back in. Which is probably why I have 50k items in my inventory lol

Sort your inventory by newest first when that happens.  All.those demos.will be right at the top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Sort your inventory by newest first when that happens.  All.those demos.will be right at the top.

You'd think that after all this time I would have learned to do this - thank you!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Brother Laser.

I think they still make non-WiFi ones but even if they don't you don't have to use it. I recommend Brother because they seem to be the most no-nonsense manufacturer even for their consumer products and of course laser printers are very good value, a toner cartridge is quite expensive in comparison to ink cartridges but lasts for many thousands of pages.

Of course when it *says* you need to replace the toner you take it out of the machine, shake it and it'll be good for another few thousand pages :)

Brother drivers also seem to be the least annoying, Windows often has a built in driver that works just fine with them but even if it doesn't the driver package has options when you install it to not include a bunch of extra nonsense... or at least it did.

Laser printers in general are just the best, I used to like Samsung laser printers a lot but one of the big evil companies bought it up and they don't exist any more so Brother it is. If you can find an old HP LaserJet from the 90s that still works those are also great but their name has been sullied by their consumer products which are sent from hell.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My old HP LaserJet scanner/printer stopped moving, so I bought the cheapest new ink-jet All In One printer I could find,  a Cannon MG2500 series w/ USB cable for about $60 USD, w/ color and black cartridges included. After the ink ran out, about 75 pages, I found I could just scan and print to a PDF file.  Then send the PDF file to whomever.  Scanned photos I view on my desktop monitor.  Have not bought any ink or paper for a year.  Nobody wants paper anything anymore. 

I once printed everything, and would use a box of 24 reams of paper every 6 months. That was 12,000 sheets of paper. I went through 3 laser printers, and thousand of dollars in toner cartridges starting around 1990.  Before that it was several dot matrix printers.  Unfortunately nobody wants to pay for paper recycling anymore, so I have a 100 year supply of fireplace starter papers in storage.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Brother Laser.

I think they still make non-WiFi ones but even if they don't you don't have to use it. I recommend Brother because they seem to be the most no-nonsense manufacturer even for their consumer products and of course laser printers are very good value, a toner cartridge is quite expensive in comparison to ink cartridges but lasts for many thousands of pages.

Of course when it *says* you need to replace the toner you take it out of the machine, shake it and it'll be good for another few thousand pages :)

Brother drivers also seem to be the least annoying, Windows often has a built in driver that works just fine with them but even if it doesn't the driver package has options when you install it to not include a bunch of extra nonsense... or at least it did.

Laser printers in general are just the best, I used to like Samsung laser printers a lot but one of the big evil companies bought it up and they don't exist any more so Brother it is. If you can find an old HP LaserJet from the 90s that still works those are also great but their name has been sullied by their consumer products which are sent from hell.

My HP Laser is only a couple of years old, and it has both USB and WiFi. But that IS a couple of years. Things DO change quickly. I have an old Samsung CLP-360 as well that I had to spend many hours repairing. The solenoid died. That was NOT a fun job replacing. But it DOES print nicely now, and actually pics up the paper!!!

Laser is perfect for documents, but I will  go with my Epson XP-15000 inkjet for pics. It prints at 13" x 19" too. Affordable, and prints nice photos.

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

My old HP LaserJet scanner/printer stopped moving, so I bought the cheapest new ink-jet All In One printer I could find,  a Cannon MG2500 series w/ USB cable for about $60 USD, w/ color and black cartridges included. After the ink ran out, about 75 pages, I found I could just scan and print to a PDF file.  Then send the PDF file to whomever.  Scanned photos I view on my desktop monitor.  Have not bought any ink or paper for a year.  Nobody wants paper anything anymore. 

I once printed everything, and would use a box of 24 reams of paper every 6 months. That was 12,000 sheets of paper. I went through 3 laser printers, and thousand of dollars in toner cartridges starting around 1990.  Before that it was several dot matrix printers.  Unfortunately nobody wants to pay for paper recycling anymore, so I have a 100 year supply of fireplace starter papers in storage.

I do need physical copies of some documents, so a laser printer is looking like the best option for me.  As for your spare paper, perhaps you could shred it and donate that to the nearest animal shelter for bedding.

• Like 4

Peeve - being rugrat 'splained to about the default camera position in SL over in the never ending TOS threads, me only having made stuff here for the last 17 years, by some over entitled ankle biter. Gosh, I never realised....what with me sometimes being a dinkie etc.

Best I not attend the thingy later =^^= As there is only one thing I want to hear.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Peeve - being rugrat 'splained to about the default camera position in SL over in the never ending TOS threads, me only having made stuff here for the last 17 years, by some over entitled ankle biter. Gosh, I never realised....what with me sometimes being a dinkie etc.

I guess we need a new word for that kind of thing. "Viewersplaining", perhaps?

Over on the Feedback portal, I commented on a Feature Request to bring Show Friends Only to the Second Life Viewer with some alternatives using graphic presets. That got a lot of pushback from folks insisting that all the downsides of SFO I mentioned are either Me Doing It Wrong or The Other Person's Problem. 🤷‍♂️ (Not gonna link to it, I have no desire to kick that particular hornet nest...)

• Like 1

Overreacting to problems that have existed since the dawn of socialization on the internet, problems that will not be going away any time soon.

Bonus: Pretending that said problems are the cause of certain other bits of strife that reside wholly on the backs of those involved.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

When people ask me my age and it's the second line in my profile

Will further that with ,... people who start out fun and chatty, then finally read my profile .. and run away because I might give them the gay or something.

By reading this you now have the gay. +1 to all rainbows.

• Like 4