3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I am now a "Zevia" brand soda drinker! (Sweetened with Stevia.)  Prior to that, I had not drank soda for years, really.

They have some really nice flavors too! The Creamy Root Beer is one of my personal favorites alongside their Cream Soda!

They've come a long way since their introduction - some of the flavors i did not care for at all have improved.

The peeve for this? They're expensive compared to the normal brands.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Sugar (and artificial sweeteners that make our brains go 'yay') really aren't too different from drugs.

Totally true.
Products with much sugar (like now in the chocolate easter eggs) make my body always beg for more once I have taken one.
IMHO added sugar is addictive in some degree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

They have some really nice flavors too! The Creamy Root Beer is one of my personal favorites alongside their Cream Soda!

They've come a long way since their introduction - some of the flavors i did not care for at all have improved.

The peeve for this? They're expensive compared to the normal brands.

Peeve: Agreed - I like the flavor so much, that when I tried a (much cheaper) "Bubly" carbonated/flavored water my general reaction was "where's the flavor"?

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I used to love my flavored coffee creamers.

Me too, but for years now I just find a "flavored coffee" I like and stick with it.  For the past 3 years or so it's Barney's "Creamy Buttery Caramel" flavor, to which I add sweetener and heavy cream. (ETA: That flavor is much better than other coffee brands' "caramel" flavor.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: I only like coffee with a coffee flavor.

There's  "coffee" flavor, and then there's "coffee" flavor!

Example:  Fresh ground, brewed (drip/percolated/pour-over) coffee will taste different than espresso, which will taste different than "Cold Brew", etc.

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Is something wrong with me?

If so, it could be unrelated to your coffee preferences! 

Edited by Love Zhaoying

16 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's called being an actual coffee enjoyer. The types who make some sort of Frankensteinish ice cream sundae with strawberry syrup and a few stray drops of coffee in there and call it 'coffee' are just weirdos.

It's like those folks who'll take a half-litre cup and briefly dip some Lipton Synthetic Forest Berries Flavour sprinkled over the leftover tea swept up from the factory floor in a little bag in it, put in enough honey that it becomes viscous, and then claim to be 'tea lovers'. Yeah, no. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
25 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

If so, it could be unrelated to your coffee preferences! 

🤣

31 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Nope. I drink my coffee black. Always have. Sugar and cream and -- heaven forbid -- fruity flavors ruin a good cup of coffee, IMO. I don't have much of a sweet tooth anyway. I will occasionally have a square of dark chocolate but I don't eat other candy (other than a stray licorice jelly bean) and I've never liked sodas. I do enjoy a good tart apple pie, though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nope. I drink my coffee black. Always have. Sugar and cream and -- heaven forbid -- fruity flavors ruin a good cup of coffee, IMO. I don't have much of a sweet tooth anyway. I will occasionally have a square of dark chocolate but I don't eat other candy (other than a stray licorice jelly bean) and I've never liked sodas. I do enjoy a good tart apple pie, though.

Same, plain black please.  I stopped using anything in coffee a few years ago and not having it plain just tastes weird now.  Also like it good and stout.

• Like 1

Good coffee on its own sweetened with just a teensy bit of sugar is glorious. Keyword "good," though. I'm still searching for the right brand, but so far, I'm kind of digging Kicking Horse.

If I have to subject myself to regular store-bought brands, best believe I'm adding some hazelnut creamer in there.

I do like black coffee.  Sometimes I will add cream, but not sugar.

However, I eat candy, drink soda sometimes, and even *gasp* grab a burger from a fast food drive thru. I keep emergency chocolate at home.  I can make 1 chocolate bar last more than a month.  One square at a sitting, no chewing, only let it melt, eyes closed, laying down.  It better be a quality chocolate to have the right mouth feel and melt at the perfect temperature.

Peeve: what's with all the virtue signaling in what we eat or the food we have access to? I eat healthier than you do!!!  I am sure you do.  How very special you are. 😄

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It's called being an actual coffee enjoyer.

I LOVE "actual coffee".  I even have a real (full-scale, Italian) espresso machine.  I'm too lazy to use it.

Peeve: I don't care for Starbucks, it has the trademark "burned" flavor.

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Keyword "good," though. I'm still searching for the right brand

I buy mine at the local coffee shop, where they roast the beans themselves three days of the week. You can smell the roaster a block away. I can't beat that with any store-packaged coffee, and I can't brew a cup at home that tastes as good as theirs. At $2.14 for a 20 oz cup, it's a great way to start the day. I leave a dollar tip and feel I got the best bargain of the day. It comes with a smile too.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: what's with all the virtue signaling in what we eat or the food we have access to? I eat healthier than you do!!!  I am sure you do.  How very special you are. 😄

IKR? The way people phrase it sometimes, somehow their country is more virtuous!

PEEVED!

PEEVE: I now crave milkshake - creamshake will do too.

SL PEEVE: A week of flagging demos not linked to a full product seems to have done very little!! I live in hope...

AND... excluding demos (NOT DEMO) on the L$0 search still does not work when I set "newest".

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I buy mine at the local coffee shop, where they roast the beans themselves three days of the week. You can smell the roaster a block away. I can't beat that with any store-packaged coffee, and I can't brew a cup at home that tastes as good as theirs. At $2.14 for a 20 oz cup, it's a great way to start the day. I leave a dollar tip and feel I got the best bargain of the day. It comes with a smile too.

Peeve: My coffee adventure stopped JUST short of roasting my own beans. (I even found a good local source for "green" beans..)

33 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: what's with all the virtue signaling in what we eat or the food we have access to? I eat healthier than you do!!!  I am sure you do.  How very special you are

While shopping for groceries this morning, I bought a bottle of Cherry Coke, WITH sugar, a pack of two fruit scones with cream and raspberry jam WITH sugar, and on the way home I popped into Greggs for a bacon and sausage baguette.

It wasn't "virtuous" in the slightest, but it did taste damn good as my early lunch.

Real meat, real cream, real jam, real fizzy sugared beverage.

This concludes the mention of real food, we now return you to your regular veg-o-trooper healthism anti-food channel.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It wasn't "virtuous" in the slightest

Nah, it's all good - at least you had some bacon!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Oh I thought it was because they loved me and wanted me to live longer!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I bought a bottle of Cherry Coke, WITH sugar

Like, REAL Cane sugar? Not high-fructose corn syrup?!?

Peeve: Here in the US, you can only get real Cane sugar in some sodas if they are special imports from Mexico!

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Like, REAL Cane sugar? Not high-fructose corn syrup?!?

Peeve: Here in the US, you can only get real Cane sugar in some sodas if they are special imports from Mexico!

Pepsi Throwback at your neighborhood Walmart!

ac2fb306872378ff30c0b56a83752ed7.png.2d5fda2a69cf50b8df982ff93152367b.png

• Like 2

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh I thought it was because they loved me and wanted me to live longer!

When my life comes to an end, I will be neither pretty or healthy.  My body will be scarred, used, and abused (it is now) and I will not be at the ideal weight, but I will have lived a full life.  Eat what makes you happy and do it in moderation.  It's no wonder there are so many people with eating disorders.

If you have health issues that need a special diet, I am not talking to you.  Take care of you diabetes or celiacs disease, please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1