9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: If Belli had seasonal "house tours" of people's Skyboxes (who signed up for being on the tour). THAT would break up the "sameness", cancel out the "Stepford-ness"..give Belli some "life"!

Skyboxes would just be a different kind of sameness. It's really not that interesting that some people have BDSM furniture or a TV that can play naughty movies 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Skyboxes would just be a different kind of sameness. It's really not that interesting that some people have BDSM furniture or a TV that can play naughty movies 

I meant, literally that people could design / decorate their skyboxes for a tour, to increase a sense of community - just like how in RL, some communities have a "home tour" for Christmas, etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I meant, literally that people could design / decorate their skyboxes for a tour, to increase a sense of community - just like how in RL, some communities have a "home tour" for Christmas, etc. 

There's not enough available Land Impact for that. Most people in Belli, if they decorate at all, either furnish and decorate their home on the ground or leave the house empty and just furnish their skybox.

My house on the ground is furnished, but my skybox is essentially an empty platform for dressing and sorting inventory.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I absolutely loathe suburban life. My goal is to get *away* from that in the real world. No way would I want it here.

Hard agree.

54 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Plussssss - I go through moods when it comes to my SL housing. I adore private islands since abandoning a plot on a whim and picking up a new one is so effortless with the company I'm with (plus I'm able to get credit for any remaining time applied to the new plot). I can move from a forested island to a beachfront in 5 minutes. Or, as is my preference these days, just rent a big ole plot in the sky and swap between "cabin nestled in the hills" and "underwater grotto" and "vaporwave neon woman cave penthouse" whenever I want without anyone complaining about it. And of course the biggest plus - due to some massive luck, every sim I pick always tends to be empty, even if all of the plots are taken. 1-4 people on them, at the most, but very often a big ole 0.

My only peeve is when I get too attached to a sim/plot and settle in for too long, which is my current issue. I log in only to pay rent these days because my plot is TOO perfect to let it go for the temporary break from SL I reallyyyyy want to take. 😂

I'm in a somewhat different position, in that I maintain my parcel for two of my groups: it serves as their "home." But I do have three platforms, one with a gallery, another for shooting pics, and a third for . . . well, maybe a future home.

I currently rent an apartment in Voroznia. I like it a LOT, and the region is interesting, but it's laggy, not cheap, and I'm not really there very much. So I think I may lose it, and furnish a skybox on my own parcel. I have a really nice converted urban warehouse skybox, with a beautiful wrap-around: I really should just be using it as "home." It'd save me about L$2000 a month, for one thing.

As for my parcel at ground level -- well, as I say, it's not entirely for "me," but I'm pretty happy with it, and I like being there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, you are! Thank you!! Woot!

Actually, the renaming of the thread DID mildly peeve me for just a second or two. I mean, it's really unimportant in this instance, so I'm not actually hot and bothered about it -- but it seems to me that it's one thing to redact or censor someone's posts, and quite another to silently change the wording.

However, as I say, not NEARLY important enough for really fun drama!

At least you are no longer responsible for being complicit in  the horrors of me pointing out the king's clothes were invisible by creating the thread. The King inadvertently took responsibility for the thread himself since he made the announcement that you were informing the community of.

(Would being a deep cover mole pay more than what I earn from just sh*tposting here? Cuz if so, let's talk!)

Thought I read somewhere it was about the same as the going rate at McDonalds but don't quote me!

Edited by Arielle Popstar
edit obviously
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hard agree.

I'm in a somewhat different position, in that I maintain my parcel for two of my groups: it serves as their "home." But I do have three platforms, one with a gallery, another for shooting pics, and a third for . . . well, maybe a future home.

I currently rent an apartment in Voroznia. I like it a LOT, and the region is interesting, but it's laggy, not cheap, and I'm not really there very much. So I think I may lose it, and furnish a skybox on my own parcel. I have a really nice converted urban warehouse skybox, with a beautiful wrap-around: I really should just be using it as "home." It'd save me about L$2000 a month, for one thing.

As for my parcel at ground level -- well, as I say, it's not entirely for "me," but I'm pretty happy with it, and I like being there.

Oh, lag is always the worst issue to run into. That, and a ruined view. I once scored a very cheap (like 300-ishL/week) and adorable plot on the beach, but the entire sim was just a slideshow for me (had to be before I upgraded my PC, I think...) AND a big ole house plopped right on the waterfront, giving me a fantastic view of...the back of it. Thanks for that, lol. That's what I get for being too cheap to snag a waterfront plot. 😂

I always bop around to look at them and oogle, but I could save so much on rent if I just take a plot a bit further back from the water and still get all the full land rights I could ever want (even terraforming, which I'm terrified to do LOL) - why break the bank, ya know? I always say that, and then a neighbor moves in in front of me, and suddenly, I hate everything and I zip off to the rental office to look for a good sky plot, lol! A month later - man, this view sucks - nothing but dome skyboxes and clouds up here, try and fail to build a nice surround, and the cycle continues. Back down to ground level I go.

Funny enough, though, speaking of apartments - I remember waaaaaaay back in the day, some rental agency had snazzy apartment rows set in cute little walkable towns. Couldn't remember the name of them if you paid me, but they didn't seem overly populated, which made me sad because I always thought they'd be kind of fun to live in! 

• Like 2

Peeve:
I've entered a few gifts for the event because someone invited me out of the blue to do so for Bellisseria's fifth birthday. 

Let me tell you, it was the first time I am invited personally to participate somewhere and as far as I'm concerned it will be the last time I will accept such a personal invitation.
Some people (in that thread that is just locked) make you feel guilty that one accepts to create and offer some gifts at an event.
I'm done with that self importance charade by some.

If somebody wants something from me from now on in SL, they can buy it in my store.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve:
I've entered a few gifts for the event because someone invited me out of the blue to do so for Bellisseria's fifth birthday. 

Let me tell you, it was the first time I am invited personally to participate and as far as I'm concerned it will be the last time I will accept such a personal invitation.
Some people in that thread that is just locked make you feel guilty that one accepts to create and offers some gifts at an event.
I'm done with that self importance charade by some.

Yes, plus I'm like, WTheck are they even talking about? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Man, can I kill a thread in record time, or what????

😮

Who needs mods when they have me, "Kiss of Death Rhiadra"?

You take too much honor.
The Moles and a Linden had to clean up the mess several times already.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Man, can I kill a thread in record time, or what????

😮

Who needs mods when they have me, "Kiss of Death Rhiadra"?

"SCYLLA! Queen of the deadly threads. WATCH as she cuts through difficult topics with knife-like precision! GAWK at her deformers as she casts her spell. YOUR THREAD COULD BE NEXT!"

• Haha 3

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

You take to much honor.
The Moles and a Linden had to clean up the mess several times already.

Yeah, I know. I was just joking.

I think it was the back and forth at the end there that signed the thread's death letter.

Still, it would be lovely to think of myself as a sort of Queen of Death! One little kiss . . . it won't hurt, I promise, and then it will be all over . . .

• Like 2

My takeaway from that whole debacle was...they didn't make it public knowledge that they were accepting items from creators as gifts to have available.  You had to be chosen by the committee?  To offer a gift?  Was it only Bellisseria residents who are creators that were asked?  Gifts are excellent free advertising.  But only for the select few?   If it were completely done and PAID for by this BBB group, then I can see them being exclusive just as any other privately funded event can be.  When it's a project funded in part by LL, I agree that more transparency was needed.  

BTW...that's my Peeve

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Still, it would be lovely to think of myself as a sort of Queen of Death! One little kiss . . . it won't hurt, I promise, and then it will be all over . . .

/me shivers  

Anubis .. Scynubis?

Snapshot_049.thumb.jpg.62c6910501f412ae38e148ad372703a2.jpg

Goddess of thread death.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Gifts are excellent free advertising. 

If one doesn't just pull out an existing T shirt and only recolors it, gifts are more extra work than extra income, I can assure you that much.
Especially if you have nothing on offer surrounding the gift like at a Shop and Hop for instance.

It was just an attempt of me to be nice (for once) but it feels like I shot myself in the foot with this, if i read how some people reacted in that thread.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

Gifts are more extra work than extra income, I can assure you that much.
Especially if you have nothing on offer surrounding the gift like at a Shop and Hop for instance.

I'd have to.disagree somewhat.  I've picked up gifts at various events from.stores I've never seen or purchased from before.  If I like the item, I'll often check.out their mainstore.  It gets me into a store I may have otherwise, never found.  Just my experience.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My takeaway from that whole debacle was...they didn't make it public knowledge that they were accepting items from creators as gifts to have available.  You had to be chosen by the committee?  To offer a gift?  Was it only Bellisseria residents who are creators that were asked?  Gifts are excellent free advertising.  But only for the select few?   If it were completely done and PAID for by this BBB group, then I can see them being exclusive just as any other privately funded event can be.  When it's a project funded in part by LL, I agree that more transparency was needed.  

BTW...that's my Peeve

Peeve: Whatever BBB is, now I've got 80's Buck Rogers stuck in my head.

IMG_2885.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Still, it would be lovely to think of myself as a sort of Queen of Death! One little kiss . . . it won't hurt, I promise, and then it will be all over .

I think the deity in question is Atropos

Atropos was the oldest of the Three Fates, and was known as "the Inflexible One." It was Atropos who chose the manner of death and ended the life of mortals by cutting their threads.  She worked along with her two sisters, Clotho, who spun the thread, and Lachesis, who measured the length

atropos.jpg

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I know. I was just joking.

I think it was the back and forth at the end there that signed the thread's death letter.

It is so tempting to lean in close right now. Sometimes you just want it to be over with. 

Peeve: I can't afford to live alone. 😑

• Sad 2