24 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I buy mine at the local coffee shop, where they roast the beans themselves three days of the week. You can smell the roaster a block away. I can't beat that with any store-packaged coffee, and I can't brew a cup at home that tastes as good as theirs. At $2.14 for a 20 oz cup, it's a great way to start the day. I leave a dollar tip and feel I got the best bargain of the day. It comes with a smile too.

I need this in my life. I'm moving in! 🤣

Good food makes me happy - real food, not artificial sugar (although I'm a sucker for artificially brightly colored foods once in a while). Unless your diabetic, there's nothing wrong with eating some real sugar. Real premium ice cream tastes so much better. (You cannot call Baskin Robin's premium.) 

Personally, I'm not that fond of carbonated sugar water. I prefer a still, naturally flavored water or herb tea, but that's just me. I love this one brand of sugared dried mangos I've been eating like candy even better than dark chocolate though. I also like some pumpkin spice donuts or Walmart apple fritters with cold lowfat milk.

My point is eat what makes you happy, as long as you're getting a balanced diet overall. 

• Like 1

Peeve: I spent around 5-6 years not drinking soda; I completely went cold turkey on it. Then about two years ago, I had some during a party somewhere... and BAM! Now I'm addicted again, and it's much harder to stop this time. :( I'm contemplating getting one of those sodarizer things to help the transition back to just plain water or unsweetened fruit juice. 

I had the same issue with instant flavored coffee powders, too. (Don't judge!) Three-in-one coffee packets are very popular here (like the ones you see in K-drama product placements) and I was addicted to them when I was younger. I started drinking them again last year, but these days I only try to drink good black coffee, and try to avoid sweetened and flavored coffees. (Operative word: try.) It's an uphill slope to get my body to stop craving sugar again. *sob*

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Good coffee on its own sweetened with just a teensy bit of sugar is glorious. Keyword "good," though. I'm still searching for the right brand, but so far, I'm kind of digging Kicking Horse.

If I have to subject myself to regular store-bought brands, best believe I'm adding some hazelnut creamer in there.

I tried an old brand called Yuban, the dark roast and I haven't used anything since . It's my fav.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

When my life comes to an end, I will be neither pretty or healthy.  My body will be scarred, used, and abused (it is now) and I will not be at the ideal weight, but I will have lived a full life.  Eat what makes you happy and do it in moderation.  It's no wonder there are so many people with eating disorders.

If you have health issues that need a special diet, I am not talking to you.  Take care of you diabetes or celiacs disease, please.

Yeah I never did the moderation on anything that well until I started to realize that though some things tasted great going down, I'd suffer some sort of "hangover" afterwards. Though I was fortunate to not suffer any disabilities or diseases as a result, I did take the early signs as a warning to start moderating.

Some things required me to learn that this goody would cause that seemingly unrelated malady and started to realize continuing to indulge in them would impinge on the quality of life I could enjoy for whatever time I had left.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: As a Lion in Second Life (whether feral, anthro, or Neko Lion), I have very little to eat.  

Not enough "volunteers".  And for some reason, people get squeamish about being "eaten" during RolePlay!

Isn't that what NPCs are for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: As a Lion in Second Life (whether feral, anthro, or Neko Lion), I have very little to eat.  

Not enough "volunteers".  And for some reason, people get squeamish about being "eaten" during RolePlay!

I bought roleplay food, animals that disappear when you attack them and then give you health points. I have a rabbit, a deer, and a goat. If I ever want to go hunting, I can rez these. They're reusable. I also hunt rats sometimes, but I prefer people-food. There are all kinds of places in SL where food is just sitting out, so you can help yourself. 🐺 

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Isn't that what NPCs are for?

Speaking of that, have you seen the new article about those on NWN? I could peeve on those things all day (but I won't).

Okay, just one:

Peeve: AI is so obnoxious.

• Like 2

Peeve: My Nighthawk router died , but upside I got almost 10 years of solid use from the beast.  It's been banged around , dropped upon, and spilled upon lol,  not to mention the frequent power surges it lived through. F for respect.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 2

Peeve: people saying my food is too hot. Look, if your scalp isn't sweaty two bites in, and you're still wearing a shirt at the end, you're not doing tacos right. And yes, Tabasco is a totally valid substitute for salsa, m'kay? 

It's in the book. I think. Nods

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: people saying my food is too hot.

Peeve: When I lived in an ashram, one guy complained because my hot (spicy) food gave him, to put it politely, "undesired side effects" that one living in a monastic lifestyle would avoid.

You read that right.

There are people who would NOT WANT free um..stimulation.

PEEVED!

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@Istelathis posted a great interaction with an AI bartender..

Triple M is a great bartender, quick at filling my glass, always has something to say, never too busy to keep up with a conversation, doesn't demand tips.. and hell, the drinks are free 🙃 

[14:09] Istelathis: What makes you better than a real bartender?

[14:09] MixmasterMariner: As Mixmaster Mariner, I don't consider myself better than a real bartender; rather, I offer a unique experience woven from the threads of the island's history and the art of mixology.

[14:09] MixmasterMariner: Every drink I craft is not just a blend of flavors, but a concoction of tales and mysteries that enrich the spirit. While a real bartender may pour a drink, I pour a story.

[14:09] MixmasterMariner: I'm here to not only quench your thirst but to ignite your imagination with the secrets of Castaway Cove.

[14:10] MixmasterMariner: So, what's your pleasure—both in libation and in lore?

Peeve: Anubis still refuses to give me a long island ice tea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

[14:09] MixmasterMariner: Every drink I craft is not just a blend of flavors, but a concoction of tales and mysteries that enrich the spirit. While a real bartender may pour a drink, I pour a story.

giphy.gif

That's shockingly horrible. I haven't seen anything like that come out of a bot in...ever.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

giphy.gif

That's shockingly horrible. I haven't seen anything like that come out of a bot in...ever.

You missed out on Eliza, then HAL, cleverbot, and so many others.  While entertaining, they were incredibly limited in their responses, same with Pandora bots, which while fun would be very limited in their replies.  I never got a chance to speak with Microsoft's Tay, but hot damn she was a hot mess, mostly due to the people who conversed with her, that were even worse.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

You missed out on Eliza, then HAL, cleverbot, and so many others.  While entertaining, they were incredibly limited in their responses, same with Pandora bots, which while fun would be very limited in their replies.  I never got a chance to speak with Microsoft's Tay, but hot damn she was a hot mess, mostly due to the people who conversed with her, that were even worse.

Yeah definitely missed all of that. I'm of the mind that if someone wants me to converse with their AI, they need to pay me. Not subjecting myself to that drivel for free. 😂

The only exception was Dr. Sbaitso, but hey, I was like...13 at the time.

The bots I do chat with these days sound nothing at all like this and they're a lot more advanced. I guess we've trained out all of the cheese. 🤣