1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Dear seller of women's clothes, 

You hid the basic black item in the fatpack and left pastels as single purchases.

/me crosses you off of my personal top 10 must check out list.

Former buyer of your clothes,

Cinnamon

That's how it always goes. They maliciously put the BEST colors in the fatpack while the butt ugly ones like diarrhea green, neon-eye-scorching slime yellow/green, & pastel colors get the singles.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Overuse of the word 'literally' Does it need to go in every sentence someone says?! NO. I'M LITERALLY TIRED OF IT!!!! lol

OMG tell me about it..

I seen a kid doing an unboxing of a computer on youtube and every sentence had the word literally in it..

After 30 seconds in, I was more concentrated on him misusing the word, than I was anything. I even had my boys come in and watch it to show them how not to use that word.. It was funny..

When people put "Like" in front of it, it really makes me cringe.. Like Literally..  hehehe

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Unexcited people overusing the word 'excited' when they clearly aren't excited.

"I'm excited to meet you." or "I'm excited to say we got your letter." - said without any excitement in their voice or body mannerisms.

Has 'excited' just become a filler or subsitute word for feeling mildly contented, happy, glad or pleased?  

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

People overusing the word 'excited' when they aren't excited.

"I'm excited to meet you." or "I'm excited to say we got your letter." - said without any excitement in their voice or body mannerisms.

Has 'excited' just become a filler or subsitute word for feeling happy, glad or pleased?  

Peeve: If they were dogs, you'd KNOW they were excited, and they wouldn't have to tell you! (Because they would wag their tail, or lacking a tail, wag their "butt".)

Peeve: Dogs should keep their tails!

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: If they were dogs, you'd KNOW they were excited, and they wouldn't have to tell you! (Because they would wag their tail, or lacking a tail, wag their "butt".)

When I see people excited,  like dogs get excited, I start to get a little worried.. Because people excited like that, can do some crazy things just out of being that excited..

I just pictures kids on Christmas morning and then put that energy into an adult.. It's kind of scary.. hehehe

It's got this, hold my beer , kind of feel to it.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When I see people excited,  like dogs get excited, I start to get a little worried.. Because people excited like that, can do some crazy things just out of being that excited..

I've had to tell guys "no" before who were that excited.

Like, um..you're scaring me. I know that I'm hot and all, but no - please - no. Just stop.

• Haha 1

Some words just get dropped into the communal Kool Aid for no apparent reason and are suddenly on everyone's tongue.  Fad words like "Groovy" and "Rad" do that in every generation, but so do innocuous everyday words.  I'm thinking for example of "brilliant", which seems to be a common adjective among Brits but is creeping into conversation here too.  Maybe "excited" is another one.  I hear them and think of Inigo Montoya's line from Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Some words just get dropped into the communal Kool Aid for no apparent reason and are suddenly on everyone's tongue.  Fad words like "Groovy" and "Rad" do that in every generation, but so do innocuous everyday words.  I'm thinking for example of "brilliant", which seems to be a common adjective among Brits but is creeping into conversation here too.  Maybe "excited" is another one.  I hear them and think of Inigo Montoya's line from Princess Bride: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

☮ ❤ ♪ ɠг๏๏vץ

On 1/25/2024 at 9:44 AM, Modulated said:

Peeve: Overuse of the word 'literally' Does it need to go in every sentence someone says?! NO. I'M LITERALLY TIRED OF IT!!!! lol

Right?

And do not get me started on how people incorrectly pluralize the (Greek root) word "octopus". Heathens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

And do not get me started on how people incorrectly pluralize the (Greek root) word "octopus". Heathens.

Fun fact: The proper plural for a group of women named "Heather" is "Heathens"!

Peeve: When you have to stretch things for the sake of a joke.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

That is uptight, outta sight and really in the groove!

Oh wait... that's a tampon.

Never mind.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That is uptight, outta sight and really in the groove!

Oh wait... that's a tampon.

Never mind.

Comment of the year. Do not ask me about being briefed on which colour pack to buy...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Unless you are scolding them, dogs are always excited to see you.  That's been my experience anyway

• Like 1