4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve - getting old!

Today I celebrate 57 trips around our Sun!

Happy Birfday!

il_fullxfull.2482577088_qzax.jpg

Only have a minor peeve: I want my SL home in RL! I just bought some amazing pond plants and placed them around. OH MY GOD. I've been working on this for weeks and it's finally coming together.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

People who stand at the landing point and get mad if you bump into them.....

I hate that..

When I land and it's packed around there, I just figure they are caming right there.. I find a gap on my minimap and then just barrel through them without a care.. they shouldn't be there..

push-out-of-my-way.gif

If they want to IM me and complain, I'm not even gonna answer or wreck my day on them anymore..

I get run over even when I'm just looking at a booth and nobody say's sorry to me ever and I'm where I should be.. In front of the booth and not caming..

If they want to stand at the landing point, they are fair game.. hehehe

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

People who stand at the landing point and get mad if you bump into them.....

It is like in RL, if there is a doorway (or any constrained area), people will stand in it -- and then get mad when you want to get through.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is like in RL, if there is a doorway (or any constrained area), people will stand in it -- and then get mad when you want to get through.

Peeve: Rubberneckers never stop to think that if they'd let people through the door, they'd have more to gawk at. 😊

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Haha 1

Peeve: People trying to solve a 'problem' as old as the Internet (older if you look at the varied forms) that has no proper, workable solution.

You cannot protect everyone from their own foolishness or gullibility - get over it, deal with it, drop it and move on with your life.

Steps are already taken to mitigate quite a bit and help as many as possible within reason. People will fall through the cracks - aid them in fixing their mistake and move on.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3

I'm peeved that the peeve thread has turned into personal-attack-peeves instead of general peeves about SL and RL minor annoyances.  I guess that is one way to be mean without actually saying an individual's name even though most people will know exactly who the peeve is directed at while providing the safety of deniability. 

Peeve: Sneaky loopholes.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm peeved that the peeve thread has turned into personal-attack-peeves instead of general peeves about SL and RL minor annoyances.  I guess that is one way to be mean without actually saying an individual's name even though most people will know exactly who the peeve is directed at while providing the safety of deniability. 

Peeve: Sneaky loopholes.

I feel attacked!

..Sneaky!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:
31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I feel attacked!

..Sneaky!!!

I deny that you were the intended recipient of that message. 

I am not responsible for your feelings. 

😁

This works well.  No wonder people do it.

Ummm... peeved at your peeve.

Just in case you missed it, but usually, "I feel attacked" is someone making fun of themselves (in this context).

I didn't actually think you meant me, but you could have..although I knew you were probably referring to others' recent posts.

I think a lot of us use-and-abuse the poor Peeves thread to complain about others' Forum behavior.  My ears ring from all the whining! (Or possibly because people DO mean me sometimes! Or is that when your ears itch?)

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Just in case you missed it, but usually, "I feel attacked" is someone making fun of themselves (in this context).

I didn't actually think you meant me, but you could have..although I knew you were probably referring to others' recent posts.

I think a lot of us use-and-abuse the poor Peeves thread to complain about others' Forum behavior.  My ears ring from all the whining! (Or possibly because people DO mean me sometimes! Or is that when your ears itch?)

I was just playing along with your post and sense of humor.

/me gives the lion a scratch behind his ears to get rid of that itch and tosses out a slab of freshly caught, still warm gazelle. 

• Thanks 1

Flickr peeve. Probably not an uncommon one,

People who "follow" you without engaging even once, in any way, with any of your pics.

I mean, c'mon, people. Provide some evidence that you've actually looked at the images of the person you've decided to follow! There has to be a reason you're following me -- is it just because you want a follow back? (In most cases, I suspect that is the case.)

I get that people -- bloggers and merchants, for instance -- almost need to game the system a bit in order to get follows, but I can't imagine following someone without faving and/or commenting on at least some of the images on their front page. It's not that I particularly care about faves: even one of those stupid badges counts as far as I'm concerned as a form of engagement. But I'm not going to follow you back if I don't see some indication that you actually have looked at and like at least one of my pics.