today's peeve.  How many times do I have to answer "Hell No!" to the push notifications prompt here in the forums.  I don't want them.  I didn't want them yesterday or the day before and I won't change my mind tomorrow so please stop offering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's the real peeve with that. Each of those folders has a HUD you need to unpack. Luckily, most outfits include a photo, but sorting them out in my clothing folder is a massive pain in the butt. I picked those sets up on both avatars a million years ago and still haven't unpacked most of them.

I do use individual pieces here and there as outfit fillers (belts, underwear, bikni tops, etc.), but I prefer their newer advent gifts for full outfits.

If you need shoes to go with all that btw, Pure Poison (requires a group but I forget how much it costs) still has a gift room with 10L shoes, and KC Couture still has a bunch for free (free group).

Ya, I think they've been updating the gift rooms.. I picked up some nice pieces, I just have to sort them out and toss the rest.. that'll be something to do at least.. hehehe

1 minute ago, kali Wylder said:

today's peeve.  How many times do I have to answer "Hell No!" to the push notifications prompt here in the forums.  I don't want them.  I didn't want them yesterday or the day before and I won't change my mind tomorrow so please stop offering.

I'm not sure what those are.. Are they something you can shut off in the settings?

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I think they've been updating the gift rooms.. I picked up some nice pieces, I just have to sort them out and toss the rest.. that'll be something to do at least.. hehehe

Ummmm...you mean updating with NEW outfits? New outfits that I may not already have in the bottomless pit of my clothing folders?!

You mean I have to go back there and search each gift by name in my inventory to see if there's anything new?!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ummmm...you mean updating with NEW outfits? New outfits that I may not already have in the bottomless pit of my clothing folders?!

You mean I have to go back there and search each gift by name in my inventory to see if there's anything new?!

giphy.gif

I'm not saying you have to, but YUSS! you have too

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what those are.. Are they something you can shut off in the settings?

When I go to the sl forums I look at the notification in the upper right of my screen.  There is usually a number of them when ever there's a hot topic and people I follow reply it ads another notification.  I think the push offer means that they are offering to rudely interrupt me when I'm not looking at the forum page with little flashy "pushes" telling me that somebody posted something.  This is not information I want or need to interrupt the rest of my life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

When I go to the sl forums I look at the notification in the upper right of my screen.  There is usually a number of them when ever there's a hot topic and people I follow reply it ads another notification.  I think the push offer means that they are offering to rudely interrupt me when I'm not looking at the forum page with little flashy "pushes" telling me that somebody posted something.  This is not information I want or need to interrupt the rest of my life. 

Oh ok, I know what you are meaning now..Those popups at the bottom of the screen, like if someone replies to a thread you are in while you are posting or reading it..

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!

5df8b914011a0d03ae7e418bd9ed24aa.gif

Okay fine, logging in. 😄

PEEVE: When Second Life leaks into the real world..

I swear this is like a flash back look over time in second life just seeing all those looks in this.. hehehe

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

PEEVE: When Second Life leaks into the real world..

I swear this is like a flash back look over time in second life just seeing all those looks in this.. hehehe

Oh, that's very much the real world. Standard goth/cybergoth club wear - at least back when I used to club regularly (late 90s to 2004/5 or so). 

In fact, lots of that stuff is still sold today. I see knee boots with the metal buckles like that girl has on all the time (I think they're Demonia brand, but don't quote me - lots of companies in the US and abroad make stuff like that). And the gas masks and "hair falls" are straight cybergoth.

image.thumb.png.a490272433bc0170eae1eac379326363.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, that's very much the real world. Standard goth/cybergoth club wear - at least back when I used to club regularly (late 90s to 2004/5 or so). 

In fact, lots of that stuff is still sold today. I see knee boots with the metal buckles like that girl has on all the time (I think they're Demonia brand, but don't quote me - lots of companies in the US and abroad make stuff like that). And the gas masks and "hair falls" are straight cybergoth.

image.thumb.png.a490272433bc0170eae1eac379326363.png

Ya, It just reminded me of so many people I met in here over time.. hehehe

Ya, It just reminded me of so many people I met in here over time.. hehehe

Lol, it reminds me of people I used to hang out with in RL. 😂

Funny enough, I rarely see that style much in SL. Seen some others, but good hair falls are a rarity. Must be a PIA to make those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh ok, I know what you are meaning now..Those popups at the bottom of the screen, like if someone replies to a thread you are in while you are posting or reading it..

Sort of.

Push Notifications are used for when you don't have the Forum page open whatsoever and can thus pop even if all you've done is load up your web browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Sort of.

Push Notifications are used for when you don't have the Forum page open whatsoever and can thus pop even if all you've done is load up your web browser.

Oh, so even when you aren't in the forums or the website?

I think I remember either denying something like that when it was offered or unchecking it..

ETA: Ya, I just went and checked my settings and it shows mine are disabled..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh, so even when you aren't in the forums or the website?

I think I remember either denying something like that when it was offered or unchecking it..

Yep.

I have it enabled on my Desktop while using Brave. The notification is quite unobtrusive.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

In Chrome there is a notification permission setting for various site under Settings> Privacy and Security> Site Settings>Notifications> Scroll down to Allowed to send notifications then click arrow for community.secondlife.com to choose your preferences

Just now, Solar Legion said:

Yep.

I have it enabled on my Desktop while using Brave. The notification is quite unobtrusive.

Ya, I went and looked and mine is off.. I always turn everything off on any sites and things that I use..

I only like dealing with things when I'm there.. hehehehe

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I went and looked and mine is off.. I always turn everything off on any sites and things that I use..

I only like dealing with things when I'm there.. hehehehe

Oh believe me, I understand that one.

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Yep.

To add to the above, here's a screenshot of the most recent set showing the reply and reaction notifications:

Screenshot_2023-04-05_21-38-37.thumb.png.d740885d026c51c186aaa0b6ffe88491.png

• Thanks 1

Ah yes, another thread cleanup ...

Time ti either accept that there will be some deviance or shut the entire forum down. Either/or.

Doing otherwise leaves things unresolved and frankly PMs/External communications is not a viable/desired avenue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1