4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, perhaps fruit flies should be eaten first

Ok, appetizers. Not intended as pets, whether bugs or peeves.

That seems fair -- I'm glad we've found a solution.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That seems fair -- I'm glad we've found a solution.

Peeve-related: If your Peeve is that you're hungry and vermin-infested - thank a nit-picker, for a free meal is in your future.

Every Peeve has a silver lining.

It does, and one could exist as a kind of travelling delicatessen, imparting sustenance to all! 

• Thanks 1

Peeve #066: Apps on the phone that reinstall after you nuke them.

Our daughter has a recent Samsung phone and when she removes some apps like Freakbook and couple others, they come back like a bad case of heart burn. This would happen after every time the thing restarts.

I did recently had to root her phone to stop that from happening again. But I was told next Android update may bring it back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

omg, not only do we have blatant species discrimination, but now I see blatant bug-gender prejudice. How can I continue on the forum today knowing such injustice exists in our space? 

I feel I have to AR you for referring to all insects as "bugs" and for not even mentioning arachnids. Bugs are a specific group of insects, and I'm quite sure the other insects and arachnids don't appreciate being mis-specied by you with your obviously ill-informed and anthro-centric statement.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Dunno if someone brought this up yet, but the straps on the Maitreya body!!! Having the most clothing choices in SL is my top priority, which is why I chose Maitreya. But it seems lately the rigging on Maitreya clothing is suffering...

1921254393_ScreenShot2022-07-23at5_20_27PM.png.252fbab7f53597a760c49165eb4a1460.png

(FYI the creator is really nice though, so that makes up for everything 🥺)

Edited by Nightingalia

6 minutes ago, Nightingalia said:

Dunno if someone brought this up yet, but the straps on the Maitreya body!!! Having the most clothing choices in SL is my top priority, which is why I chose Maitreya. But it seems lately the rigging on Maitreya clothing is suffering...

1921254393_ScreenShot2022-07-23at5_20_27PM.png.252fbab7f53597a760c49165eb4a1460.png

Probably because not many have access to the Maitreya rig and stores are relying on the skills of others when buying their premades (and selling them for more than original creators do). Sorry I had to insert my peeve as well. xD

• Like 2

I can't believe I have to throw this peeve out there. I'm a million years old and really ought to know this by now. 🤬 Buuuuut...

PEEVE!!!!!!!!! Spending a good few hours dressing and customizing and resizing and custom-coloring/tinting in a bunch of HUDs, loading myself up with every accessory that makes me look OMG SO FAB AHHHHH and sends my complexity to the moon (because the intention is to stay put and take photos), and then getting distracted by a sale and accepting a TP ... and here comes the inevitable crash before... remembering to *set* all of my HUD-specific changes with a detach/re-attach.

When I logged back in and saw my Saturday Night Fever-white pants I knew. I KNEWWWW. WAAAAAAAH. My friend knew what happened the instant I rezzed back in, too. She knew as soon as she saw dem blinding WHITE PANTS. 🤦‍♀️😂🤣 

A full accounting of every customization I lost - pants, socks, belt, necklace positioning, a full face of makeup (multiple layers all with custom tints!), eyes, hair, hair accessories, nails, ear tattoos, and ear piercings.

👏 Know 👏 Better 👏 Than 👏 This! Okay, I'm off to go put myself back together now. *sniffles dramatically*

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I can't believe I have to throw this peeve out there. I'm a million years old and really ought to know this by now. 🤬 Buuuuut...

PEEVE!!!!!!!!! Spending a good few hours dressing and customizing and resizing and custom-coloring/tinting in a bunch of HUDs, loading myself up with every accessory that makes me look OMG SO FAB AHHHHH and sends my complexity to the moon (because the intention is to stay put and take photos), and then getting distracted by a sale and accepting a TP ... and here comes the inevitable crash before... remembering to *set* all of my HUD-specific changes with a detach/re-attach.

When I logged back in and saw my Saturday Night Fever-white pants I knew. I KNEWWWW. WAAAAAAAH. My friend knew what happened the instant I rezzed back in, too. She knew as soon as she saw dem blinding WHITE PANTS. 🤦‍♀️😂🤣 

A full accounting of every customization I lost - pants, socks, belt, necklace positioning, a full face of makeup (multiple layers all with custom tints!), eyes, hair, hair accessories, nails, ear tattoos, and ear piercings.

👏 Know 👏 Better 👏 Than 👏 This! Okay, I'm off to go put myself back together now. *sniffles dramatically*

giphy.gif

Ayashe, thank you for so thoroughly explaining why I have perhaps a dozen outfits in my <10K inventory, any of which I'm happy to wear for months on end. My little devil avi hasn't changed in years.

I will, of course, expect to see photos of you once you are again OMG SO FAB AHHHHH.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Yeah, I mispelled Ayashe's name. Ya'll can set me on fire.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ayashe, thank you for so thoroughly explaining why I have perhaps a dozen outfits in my <10K inventory, any of which I'm happy to wear for months on end. My little devil avi hasn't changed in years.

I will, of course, expect to see photos of you once you are again OMG SO FAB AHHHHH.

I do this daily - I mean, changing outfits and makeup, customizing colors and tints, resizing, repositioning, etc. I should know never to TP once I've done all that AND sent my complexity into orbit!!!!!1111oneone

And sure! I'll post photos of both avatars in the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread once they're all dressed and photographed! It's the boys this time, because I've been neglecting them badly (and I spoiled them today with the weekend sales).

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Spelled my name properly!
  • Like 3

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I do this daily - I mean, changing outfits and makeup, customizing colors and tints, resizing, repositioning, etc. I should know never to TP once I've done all that AND sent my complexity into orbit!!!!!1111oneone

And sure! I'll post photos of both avatars in the How Does Your Avatar Look Today thread once they're all dressed and photographed! It's the boys this time, because I've been neglecting them badly (and I spoiled them today with the weekend sales).

Oh sure, quote me so my misspelling of your name is preserved in amber. I was so rattled by the description of your dress-up routine that I couldn't see straight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Barbarian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

giphy.gif

It's not Labor Day yet so you're good. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Peeve of the day..

Paying 2k for a Premium collar and hud a year ago.. Going in, buying it , not talking to anyone when it was bought..

Going back after a year later to update it because it's the only place to update it.. Getting kicked and banned..

Trying to find a group or any channel of communication only to find all kinds of drama tied to the whole ball of wax..

Looks for new collar and hud, because screw that Sheeeut..

LOL

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Only a small peeve, really.  I accidentally knocked my fridge thermostat way down so now my prepared salad is very cold indeed.  Potato does not make for a very tasty sorbet. :/ 

Had a recent issue also with my fridge...the light stopped working or so I thought..didn't replace it right away, and after spilling something, I was cleaning up...and noticed the little switch down on the lower right side was sticky. Cleaned it up and voila , light works again!  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm with you Maddie.  I just can't be bothered to change my appearance that often anymore.  One of the perks of retirement, nobody cares if I'm wearing the same outfit for months.  These days, I only log in to play house in Bellie or I go to my old club to visit friends.  They're glad to see me and don't care that I'm wearing the same thing as last time they saw me.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2022 at 7:57 PM, kali Wylder said:

Does anybody really want to hear that others are praying for them?  I certainly don't.  Usually when I hear it, I conclude that said prayer really meant, "I don't want to hear any more about it. This concludes my obligation to listen. Have a nice day".

When somebody says they'll pray for me I give them a big smile and say something like "Thank you, but do make sure every single feather on the rooster is black. I'd hate for you to get hurt."

• Haha 3

On 7/21/2022 at 1:57 PM, kali Wylder said:

Does anybody really want to hear that others are praying for them?  I certainly don't.  Usually when I hear it, I conclude that said prayer really meant, "I don't want to hear any more about it. This concludes my obligation to listen. Have a nice day".

It could actually mean that they actually do include you in their prayers. Normally if I say that I will say a prayer right there. I don't know of anyone that says that, and believes in the power of prayer, say that just to shut someone up. Fortunately you don't get to choose who does or doesn't pray for you. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

These days I don't socialize enough to change clothes very often.  Over the past few years, I have gone many months in the same outfit.

Oh, I don't socialize much at all (except with people I've known forever). Shopping and creating new looks is pretty much my entire SL.

18 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The photos have been posted in da thread. Took me ages to tint that makeup back to where I had it, hmpf (it's the first look that I messed up - getting yellow makeup to look good is a pain in the tuckus).

• Like 3