1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And, for the love of god, something like universal maternity and paternity leave, healthcare, and child benefits so that those women who ARE now going to be denied access to abortion at least have some assistance after they've given birth.

Have you met us? 🙃

Peeve: I'm going to run out of "welp" gifs real quick over the next few weeks.

welp-awkward.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Peeve:  When you try a Marketplace demo for a top from a popular clothing store, and the demo folder contains a size which fits perfectly.  So you go to the inworld store and purchase the top - then discover the store version comes in different sizes, and none of them fits!  😠

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

Peeve --- When my air conditioner can't keep up with the heat!

heat-300x300 (1).jpg

I hear you. My central air picked a great time to conk out, with heat indexes from 100 to 110.  Fortunately I was able to get an old window unit going in one room so I am able to survive until they can repair my central air in 10 days or so.  I'm still feeling sick from the couple of days I had nothing but a fan blowing intensely in my face.

The Israelis stopped their in-school shootings by placing armed personal in every school. When they take a field trip a guard(s) accompanies them and has military grade weapons. Result: 20 years no school shootings. (Ref)

The Swiss require 2 years military training/service for all citizens, if I remember correctly. When they leave the service they take their weapon home. The Swiss have a low crime rate and rate of violence. But reporting on this about the Swiss is mixed. (Ref)

The UK disarmed their citizens a couple of decades ago. Gun violence dropped just a expected. BUT... the UK is now considered the most violent country in Europe with violent crimes rates growing year-to-year since the weapons ban. Weapon of choice now: machete. They are considering passing laws against knives. (Ref) Slow learners?

All the shootings occur in gun free zones. Which means only the bad guy has a gun.

We already have a law against murder. People break that law everyday. Why does anyone think more laws or removing weapons is the answer? Or with the advent of 3D metal printers that it is possible to remove weapons?

• Like 1

• Moles
3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

C'mon guys, They are gonna take this thread away.:(

Not quite yet, but it is time for the occasional reminder that it's important to stay on topic.  In this case, consider what might fit the definition of a "pet peeve".   🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People saying "Do what?" instead of "what?" when they don't hear something or don't understand drives me up the wall. 
That is my pet peeve and one I cannot shake.

My reply is always the same when I hear that; "I didn't ask you to do anything".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Not quite yet, but it is time for the occasional reminder that it's important to stay on topic.  In this case, consider what might fit the definition of a "pet peeve".   🙂

Thank you for the kind reminder.

Ahem ...

NOT BEING ABLE TO OWN A HOMESTEAD WITHOUT OWNING A FULL SIM.

Land barons can go rot.

Peeve, methinks.

(What makes this an especially vexatious peeve, is that I have yet to see any official explanation why this rule is in place. I think I know why, or rather, who's benefitting from said rule, but of course that's mere speculation on my part, and I wouldn't want to besmirch anyone's reputation for saying it out loud.)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Thank you for the kind reminder.

Ahem ...

NOT BEING ABLE TO OWN A HOMESTEAD WITHOUT OWNING A FULL SIM.

Land barons can go rot.

Peeve, methinks.

I know that's upsetting for many, but what if a great percentage of full region owners dropped their full regions and replaced them with a Homestead.  Maybe not good for LL's bottom line.

I know I'd likely do it, with the 2 full regions I share with another.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I know that's upsetting for many, but what if a great percentage of full region owners dropped their full regions and replaced them with a Homestead.  Maybe not good for LL's bottom line.

I know I'd likely do it, with the 2 full regions I share with another.

Wouldn't performance of those Private Homestead Regions..sucketh? 

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Wouldn't performance of those Private Homestead Regions..sucketh? 

Could be.  Not many shop at once at my store though, but then what if it was difficult to load all the stuff. Not good for sales when they can't see lol   I suppose vendors would eat up script time too?

• Like 2

Pet peeve! Warped body perception on avatars! It's been bugging me for a while. When the cleavage fills more than a hand, it takes a special kind of dingus to call those hills "perky" or "small".

Especially when guys roll up and go "wow, u sexy perky petite" and I want to smack them with the glorious fury brought by years of back pain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1