3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'll never forget the time someone thought it was a fantastic idea to have a rooster as a pet (or maybe they were training it to fight - who even knows around here). 4am - rooster yelling at the entire neighborhood to wake up. All. Freaking. Morning. Every. Morning. In. The. SUBURBS. Weeks and weeks of that.

Peacocks are also very annoying and loud.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

OMG you too with the roosters and fireworks? I don't even GET it. Like how do y'all have enough resources to stockpile a whole two seasons' worth of fireworks that you set off daily and never ever run out of? 😂

I'm glad it's not just me, though. I somehow feel better knowing this happens all over the place.

And yes - dogs, and outdoor parties, and loud DJs, and drunken uncle karaoke - I just...

At least you don't have to put up with live bands at children's birthday parties. One of these days I'm going to find out if they are getting the permit for loud music as required by law. I'm 99.99999999% certain they do not ever bother because they don't want to have to pay for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

At least you don't have to put up with live bands at children's birthday parties. One of these days I'm going to find out if they are getting the permit for loud music as required by law. I'm 99.99999999% certain they do not ever bother because they don't want to have to pay for it.

Ooooof, live bands. Honestly, these might as well be as all of these parties always take place outdoors - including the DJs and karaoke. I swear it's like a mini music festival out there every weekend (except replace deep house with bachata, merengue, reggaeton, mariachi, and the occasional dance/rap/hip hop).

I genuinely don't mind whatever they do during the day into the night. My own music has enough bass to drown all that out and I'm always in headphones. Plus, I can get down with some reggaeton and merengue, heeeeeeeey. But there comes a point by 2am where I start wishing a massive bolt of lightning would come down and zap all their equipment. 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ooooof, live bands. Honestly, these might as well be as all of these parties always take place outdoors - including the DJs and karaoke. I swear it's like a mini music festival out there every weekend (except replace deep house with bachata, merengue, reggaeton, mariachi, and the occasional dance/rap/hip hop).

I genuinely don't mind whatever they do during the day into the night. My own music has enough bass to drown all that out and I'm always in headphones. Plus, I can get down with some reggaeton and merengue, heeeeeeeey. But there comes a point by 2am where I start wishing a massive bolt of lightning would come down and zap all their equipment. 😂

Every weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all day long and into the night. Supposed to stop no later than 10PM. I've heard them playing until midnight. They drown out my tv and my ears ring for the next week. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Sad 2

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Every weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, all day long and into the night. Supposed to stop no later than 10PM. I've heard them playing until midnight. They drown out my tv and my ears ring for the next week. Wash, rinse, repeat. I'm asking Santa for a new blow gun this year.

All spring/summer long right? So annoying!!!! 

I'm not sure what the laws are around here for how long they can go for - I kid you not it really does last through 1 and 2 in the morning. On top of the fireworks and everything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm not sure what the laws are around here for how long they can go for - I kid you not it really does last through 1 and 2 in the morning. On top of the fireworks and everything else.

Imagines tossing a 1/4 stick out the door to upset the balance of noise coming from over there..

Pictures them all stuck like a deer in headlights wondering , where the hell that come from..

Then someone saying, maybe someone is shooting at us.......

Everyone RUN!! \o/

😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yep. I've gotten to where I hate Mariachi. It's all they play, and I would swear it's the same song over and over and over.

Here it's 7am - 10pm for music. Other noises have different limits; they can't run the garbage trucks after 7pm. check your local ordinances (city and county).

I think my neighbors are finally getting the message that when I start complaining about things, things have gone way too far.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yep. I've gotten to where I hate Mariachi. It's all they play, and I would swear it's the same song over and over and over.

LOL, I don't want to say I hate Mariachi. It feels so unfair to hate a whole genre of music. But it's harrrrrrrrrd when it goes on and on and on and on for hours and hoursssss *whine*.

Oh speaking of music, funny story - one time they were blasting some really GOOD tune and I guess I'm so used to picking out all the nuances in this stuff because I hear it so dang much, I managed to figure out what song it was just by digging around on YouTube for about 15 minutes. It legit had me twerking in my bedroom and I was crazy determined to find it. 🤣 You know who it was? BAD BUNNY! (song was Fuego (La Romana)). Found it by searching like...Reggaeton, Trap, Fire, etc. Immediate Bad Bunny fan after I found it, lmao, so I guess something positive did come out of all that eventually. No idea how that's the first time I'd ever heard him, though. That's just strange.

25 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Here it's 7am - 10pm for music. Other noises have different limits; they can't run the garbage trucks after 7pm. check your local ordinances (city and county).

I think my neighbors are finally getting the message that when I start complaining about things, things have gone way too far.

I'd be so surprised if anyone complained around here. It's been this way for soooooo many years now and hasn't changed. I think we're all just used to it by this point. 😩

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet peeve: When a post is hidden automatically just because you try to * b o o p * someone on the nose! 

What is the world coming to?

Maybe your boop feels more like a whap on some noses.  Who knows?  As they used to say in the ancient world, "One man's Mede is another man's Persian."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet peeve: When a post is hidden automatically just because you try to * b o o p * someone on the nose! 

What is the world coming to?

That's why you have to *Biff* the hack of the head. They lean forward and then look around for who it was..

*Boop* to the nose,they know it was you before it hits.

But even better is, start a conversation about spiders and other tiny creepy crawly things. While you are talking and they are really focused on your face.... O.O 

Take a piece of wire you had with you the whole time and just touch them on the arm or leg..

spider-eater.gif

hehehehe

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LOL, I don't want to say I hate Mariachi. It feels so unfair to hate a whole genre of music. But it's harrrrrrrrrd when it goes on and on and on and on for hours and hoursssss *whine*.

Oh speaking of music, funny story - one time they were blasting some really GOOD tune and I guess I'm so used to picking out all the nuances in this stuff because I hear it so dang much, I managed to figure out what song it was just by digging around on YouTube for about 15 minutes. It legit had me twerking in my bedroom and I was crazy determined to find it. 🤣 You know who it was? BAD BUNNY! (song was Fuego (La Romana)). Found it by searching like...Reggaeton, Trap, Fire, etc. Immediate Bad Bunny fan after I found it, lmao, so I guess something positive did come out of all that eventually. No idea how that's the first time I'd ever heard him, though. That's just strange.

I'd be so surprised if anyone complained around here. It's been this way for soooooo many years now and hasn't changed. I think we're all just used to it by this point. 😩

Never heard of him.

I put up with far more than I should before I blow a fuse. Thing is when I blow a fuse, the whole fuse box gets blown all the way out to the nearest transformer on the pole. BOOM!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I remember making a comment about this person once and it bleeped the B.o.o.p. 🙁

MV5BMTQ2Y2QyNjQtMTczNS00OGVmLTk1YjUtMTBj

Someone used to have a forum avatar with that cartoon character.. I can't remember if it was here or at SLU.

I remember seeing it all the time years back.. Now it's gonna bug me who it was.. hehehe

50 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Someone used to have a forum avatar with that cartoon character.. I can't remember if it was here or at SLU.

I remember seeing it all the time years back.. Now it's gonna bug me who it was.. hehehe

It might possibly have been Maddy. She's a fan.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

We have thus far allowed this thread to continue to exist, because it has for the most part, been a fun thread to participate in. However, we have had to once again come in and clean up posts, this time discussing the closure of other threads, starting to border on the topics we have already closed.

If we have to clean up posts again in this thread, it is going to be closed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Tommy Linden said:

We have thus far allowed this thread to continue to exist, because it has for the most part, been a fun thread to participate in. However, we have had to once again come in and clean up posts, this time discussing the closure of other threads, starting to border on the topics we have already closed.

If we have to clean up posts again in this thread, it is going to be closed.

Just in case, I had not read your post until after I submitted mine. 

screen-shot-2017-03-06-at-2-54-30-pm.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

We have thus far allowed this thread to continue to exist, because it has for the most part, been a fun thread to participate in.

Would it be okay for me to ignore the "peeve" topic of this thread to remind myself how much I enjoyed trying to grope you 10 years ago?

1062112569_GropingTommy.thumb.jpg.c76905bc907f1cdd07eba4dd27e215c7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes @Tommy Linden, we / I can and will do better!

Since a peeve thread, like many others, was already lost before, a second warning to stay on topic has been issued and people relentlessly keep pressing their primarily U.S.-based political agenda's, I don' t see people understand they themselves are the culprit to losing such threads. 

Peeve : You ( in general ) have not done better so far. 

Additional peeve : lack of common ground or sense. 

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Like 4