17 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

You do realize that is griefing right and I would report you so fast. 

It's not, actually. Note that Maddy said "come and visit me sometime". If you take her up on her offer, you are 1) probably on her land, where she can do anything she pleases, and 2) have given your consent to be affected by her laggy device, by going to her.

Now, if she showed up at your home or your club wearing her Lag Inducer, with the intent of causing annoyance, THAT would be griefing.

Madelaine is nefarious, but a griefer she is not.

• Like 7

On 5/7/2022 at 11:16 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: People and countries that believe all Americans are the same and that we are all accountable for the decisions the government makes when some of us didn't vote for them, we voted against them.

You do realize that you are also including First Nations in that and how that makes your country look like crap in our eyes? No, of course not. You all think you are superior to Americans when you're just as bad if not worse. The people that committed genocide on my people from the very beginning came from your countries!

[images redacted by moderator:  the prohibition on adult content in the forums applies to images of extreme violence as well as to images that are sexual in nature]

Get off my planet.

Why are you yelling at people in these forums who had nothing to do with any of it? The people responsible are dead. How would you like to be responsible for something a relative or ancestor did? 

Peeve: craving chocolate and none in the house 

Edited by blissfulbreeze
Taking the high road
  • Like 1

Finally popped into Anthem -- didn't even realize it was an Anniversary until I got there.  So then I see the display shown below and I think "Cool, they are giving gifts for the anniversary".   Seemed like a logical assumption since many events do give out gifts on their anniversary and the display did say "Thanks" on it.  But, nooooooooooooooo -- they are simply items at a much lower price.  The vast majority were L$50, though there was one for L$75 and a few at L$25 & L$35.  

Not really a 'peeve', but a definitely disappointment.

/me sad
*sigh*

image.thumb.png.60f2e1e6c142614aeed0b63d9d3245ed.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Finally popped into Anthem -- didn't even realize it was an Anniversary until I got there.  So then I see the display shown below and I think "Cool, they are giving gifts for the anniversary".   Seemed like a logical assumption since many events do give out gifts on their anniversary and the display did say "Thanks" on it.  But, nooooooooooooooo -- they are simply items at a much lower price.  The vast majority were L$50, though there was one for L$75 and a few at L$25 & L$35.  

Not really a 'peeve', but a definitely disappointment.

/me sad
*sigh*

image.thumb.png.60f2e1e6c142614aeed0b63d9d3245ed.png

They should be called promo or discounted or special sale items. Definitely not the definition of gifts.  Time to start boycotting stores that call special sale items as 'gifts'.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

They should be called promo or discounted or special sale items. Definitely not the definition of gifts.  Time to start boycotting stores that call special sale items as 'gifts'.

I hate when they do that, or when they call 1 Linden items gifts. That is not a gift, that is just a heavily discounted item. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Well, THEY never said they were "gifts", nor did anything there.  I simply assumed they were gifts, based on the THANKS in the signage and the fact that many events do give gifts for anniversaries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, THEY never said they were "gifts", nor did anything there.  I simply assumed they were gifts, based on the THANKS in the signage and the fact that many events do give gifts for anniversaries.

Ok, I guess that's how they avoid getting into hot water by not calling them gifts. The pretty boxes with ribbons sure do give off that impression. Just sayin'.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The fact that they were gift wrapped, would make me assume they were gifts. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But I do long for the days when everyone could see everyone else and no one had to worry about their ARC, we all just dressed up and let the lag fall where it may.

It seems pretty standard that most peeps ogle your ARC in SL. 👀
A bit rude really but hey.

assaWqDz5x_700b.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Boom and tish. ;o
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

Ok, I guess that's how they avoid getting into hot water by not calling them gifts. The pretty boxes with ribbons sure do give off that impression. Just sayin'.

I mean the best thing to do, is to make a discount board. Make it look really nice then people wouldn't be confused if it was a gift or not. I hate how they do it, it gives off the wrong impression. Oh and if you make a post about it on Social media. you are somehow acting entitled. I have had that a few times. I just don't get how they can call it a gift and profit off of us. For something that is supposed to be given to us without any sort of monetary value. 

Edited by Sammy Huntsman
  • Like 1

I was at a store to see their FLF stuff and ran across another store so I joined their group and got the free gift. It was a dress that was well made except the tie had a string that went all the way down your leg to your ankle basically ruining the outfit.  So I asked in group if that was the way the dress was or if there was an issue with it. Someone jumped in and said "why are you complaining it was FREE"?  I said "and"? meaning what does that have to do with anything. Just because it's free doesn't mean that the quality should be any less than what you sell as gifts are a reflection of your work.  Then the creator came in group and started calling me a Karen. 

So my peeve is creators that act offended if their work is questioned at all and groupies that stroke their egos no matter what. I will never buy anything from this creator no matter how much I like it or how well made it is.  

• Like 6

I gave up on collecting gifts and it was honestly liberating. I don't want them, many creators don't seem to want to make them. No regrets! No more piles of boxed unsorted objects taunting me when I open my inventory. OK, that's not true😛

I've seen people call certain creators greedy for never putting out gifts and honestly, I just don't care. I suppose in a perfect world creators would not feel obligated to crank out dozens of gifts and the ones they gave would be freely given and of the highest quality. But for now, they can just make something I want at a fair price and I'll happily buy it.

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are a few groups that I've been in where they have periodically sent out notices basically "reminding" people 'No complaining about free gifts'.  I tend to leave those groups.

Wow that's basically the creator saying, "I know it sucks and I just don't want to hear you say it."

• Like 3

Trying to find the logic:

1. We only got you to join the group because of the free gifts.

2. By you joining the group, we get free, targeted advertising.

3. If we give you some crummy free item and call it a "gift", we hold up our end of the "bargain".

4. You can't complain, because it is free and "because we said so".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The fun part is, groupgifts and stuff are usually either to show gratefullness to the existing customers, or an advertisement/invitation for potential new customers. By giving out sup-par quality, or worse - outright broken/flawed stuff - compared to their usual products... yeah, that says something. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1