6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have  ours and 4 others this year, which is cut down from previous years..

I've already told everyone that this is the last year I'm doing anyone else's taxes.. It's just too much..

Once people started to dabble into crypto, I said that's it for me.. Crypto is a big pain in the butt at tax time.

Oh ouch. There is no way in hell im ever getting roped in to do anyone else's taxes, crypto shenanigans or not

• Like 3

I filed ours a few weeks ago -- getting a refund from the State for the first time in ages, so I wanted them filed earlier than I usually do it.  Then I just set up the Fed to take the amount due from the checking account tomorrow.  That State refund hit 2 days ago, just in time to cover most of the Fed due.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

There really is nothing about Taxes that I like.......

So you don't like:

Local Government - useful, if you don't want to sweep your own public streets and change streetlight bulbs.

Fire & Rescue Services - useful if your house starts burning down and your 10m long garden hosepipe is a bit underpowered and your flimsy little stepladder can't reach a top floor bedroom window.

Police - useful if a criminal act or threat causes you trouble and your own "firm warning" is ignored or mocked.

Courts/Prisons - useful if you want dangerous people or criminals locked away and rehabilitated, because doing that yourself is a bit weird and illegal.

Coastguards - useful if you can't swim or breathe underwater.

Hospitals/Ambulances/Doctors/Nurses - useful if you get hurt or ill, can't drive yourself to hospital and aren't capable of giving yourself a heart transplant while under a general anesthetic.

A Navy, Army, Air Force - useful if an aggressor or foreign country invades your home country and your own "firm warning" is ignored or mocked.

Road/Rail Networks & Air/Sea ports - useful if you want to travel around locally or go abroad/overseas.

Social Security - useful if you lose your job, are unable to work, or too old to work.

Education - useful, without it you would be unable to read this!

Etc.... 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

So you don't like:

Local Government - useful, if you don't want to sweep your own public streets and change streetlight bulbs.

Fire Brigades - useful if your house starts burning.

Police - useful if a criminal act or threat causes you trouble.

Courts/Prisons - useful if you want dangerous people or criminals locked away and rehabilitated.

Coastguards - useful if you can't swim.

Hospitals/Ambulances/Doctors/Nurses - useful if you get hurt or ill.

A Navy, Army, Air Force - useful if a foreign country invades your country.

Road/Rail Networks & Air/Sea ports - useful if you want to travel around.

Social Security - useful, if you lose your job or are unable or too old to work.

Etc.... 😜

You forgot guns. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

So you don't like:

Fire & Rescue Services - useful if your house starts burning down and your 10m long garden hosepipe is a bit underpowered and your flimsy little stepladder can't reach a top floor bedroom window.

Police - useful if a criminal act or threat causes you trouble and your own "firm warning" is ignored or mocked.

Courts/Prisons - useful if you want dangerous people or criminals locked away and rehabilitated, because doing that yourself is a bit weird and illegal.

Coastguards - useful if you can't swim or breathe underwater.

Hospitals/Ambulances/Doctors/Nurses - useful if you get hurt or ill, can't drive yourself to hospital and aren't capable of giving yourself a heart transplant while under a general anesthetic.

A Navy, Army, Air Force - useful if an aggressor or foreign country invades your home country and your own "firm warning" is ignored or mocked.

Road/Rail Networks & Air/Sea ports - useful if you want to travel around locally or go abroad/overseas.

Social Security - useful if you lose your job, are unable to work, or too old to work.

Etc.... 😜

I knew someone would comment on that post.   I'll stop voicing my opinion, about how badly the government of the USA uses tax dollars to actually take care of it's people.  I do appreciate living in a semi-civilized society and in truth - I am quite blessed and grateful for those blessings.  :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

I knew someone would comment on that post.   I'll stop voicing my opinion, about how badly the government of the USA uses tax dollars to actually take care of it's people.  I do appreciate living in a semi-civilized society and in truth - I am quite blessed and grateful for those blessings.  :) 

haha...I had blurred vision yesterday and thought you wrote 'Texas" and not 'taxes'....was going to post a Nanci Griffith song about the Lone Star State. Do you know she died last summer?  Sad to discover that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

haha...I had blurred vision yesterday and thought you wrote 'Texas" and not 'taxes'....was going to post a Nanci Griffith song about the Lone Star State. Do you know she died last summer?  Sad to discover that.

I did not know,  and so young!  Very sad.   No ill will towards Texas!   I lived in Leander for a year in 1988.  Very proud population.   :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Am I assuming correctly that the box is a garbage can?  My first thought was that is was a mailbox or an ATM and I had to question myself twice.

It’s a trash bin right next to a recycle bin. They could have went in either….

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Finite said:
12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Am I assuming correctly that the box is a garbage can?  My first thought was that is was a mailbox or an ATM and I had to question myself twice.

It’s a trash bin right next to a recycle bin. They could have went in either….

Probably not done eating, was too drunk and wandered off.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Probably not done eating, was too drunk and wandered off.

Or didn't see any sanitary hand lotion/wipes because Covid hoarders. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That duct tape repair on the light pole or whatever kind of pole it is does look suspicious though.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Confused 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

US Tax dollars dont cover this. For some people sure but for most no. These are all mostly run by private industry in the States. Except for maybe VA hospitals?

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Well congrats folks, your mission was accomplished.

That was inevitable, and insofar as it might actually highlight the need for the proposed subforum, not even necessarily a bad thing. The point had been made -- pretty much on the first couple of pages -- anyway.

More disheartening was the bland response from the Kristen. We might just as well have been asking for a subforum for SL motorcycle clubs: the generic answer would have fit as well.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1