23 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

Not to make light of your discomfort,  but isn't it almost funny?   So many post on here that they can't find anyone.  You try to be alone to take a picture and bam! - People everywhere.   

Exactly haha I was literally all alone for a good 20 minutes and the moment I had everything set up a horde of people came out of nowhere right behind me lol. But when I try to find people to talk to there's no one haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MalibuBratz said:

I had no idea you could do that thank you!

I know it's available in Firestorm.  Not sure about the other viewers, though.  I have it on the toolbar.  It comes in handy at busy shopping events, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 9:00 AM, Solar Legion said:

Alternatively ... Stop responding.

*This response of mine is not directed at any individual on these forums or otherwise.*

I just want to comment that I love the non-response response to irritating people. Even better is the cheerfully obtuse response that ignores the irritated person's peeve. If some dolt in SL tells me F U because I won't buy him a mesh body, my response is "Have a nice day." If a crazy coworker or roommate texts me that I'm not their friend anymore because of some drama they imagine, my response is "ok".  On these forums it's even easier to ignore people who are psychologically hungry for dramatic interaction. I just ignore their posts. I don't give them a response and don't respond to posts that quote them. Often the longer the post, the less likely I am to read it all, let alone respond to it.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

*This response of mine is not directed at any individual on these forums or otherwise.*

I just want to comment that I love the non-response response to irritating people. Even better is the cheerfully obtuse response that ignores the irritated person's peeve. If some dolt in SL tells me F U because I won't buy him a mesh body, my response is "Have a nice day." If a crazy coworker or roommate texts me that I'm not their friend anymore because of some drama they imagine, my response is "ok".  On these forums it's even easier to ignore people who are psychologically hungry for dramatic interaction. I just ignore their posts. I don't give them a response and don't respond to posts that quote them. Often the longer the post, the less likely I am to read it all, let alone respond to it.

ok

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

So yesterday I applied for a grant online.  I jumped through all the hoops, even had to give them a call to clarify some details on my application and after gathering up all the additional hoop jumping stuff, scanning and attaching it, I sent my application in. 

Today I received their reply asking that I confirm that I will be living at my new address from the house purchase settlement date for at least 6 months.

Why they couldn't have had that as a tick box on the application...

XN1Y.gif.c3f0e555ad6b78ea2c490b3b0ee67e28.gif

And in case you are interested...application approved, so yay an extra $5,000 towards my new house and $5,000 less I need on my nice shiny new mortgage!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

So yesterday I applied for a grant online. ...application approved, so yay an extra $5,000 towards my new house and $5,000 less I need on my nice shiny new mortgage!

So, what is this grant actually FOR? I mean, for most of them, you're expected to do something...feed the poor, do a study, write a play or a symphony, build a school, etc.

But it would not surprise me the government is giving away money for houses...

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

So, what is this grant actually FOR? I mean, for most of them, you're expected to do something...feed the poor, do a study, write a play or a symphony, build a school, etc.

But it would not surprise me the government is giving away money for houses...

Jordon is in either New Zealand or Australia, I believe. 

Based on the bit she added below the picture in that quoted post, I'm assuming that the "grant" is giving her money to go towards the down payment on the house that she bought.

• Like 2

I'm very good about keeping my home bunny-proof but I am only human.

Yesterday, after rearranging some furniture, somehow my living room television's power cord slipped out of its bunny-proof cord sheathe. Today I finally go to plug the tv back up after realizing I never did only to find the cord chewed in two near the prongs. Oh the joys of being a sometimes absentminded rabbit mama.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kirishimarabbit said:

I'm very good about keeping my home bunny-proof but I am only human.

Yesterday, after rearranging some furniture, somehow my living room television's power cord slipped out of its bunny-proof cord sheathe. Today I finally go to plug the tv back up after realizing I never did only to find the cord chewed in two near the prongs. Oh the joys of being a sometimes absentminded rabbit mama.

Every year, I have to splice in new sections of landscape wiring because the jaskassrabbits chew it all up. They're nothing compared to the deer, though. Those hoodlums have taken to knocking over all my landscape lights. I spent hundreds of hours placing 200 of them down the quarter mile path to my beach, only to find more than 100 of them broken the following spring. I can't afford that much repair work every year, so I either have to spend 10x as much on industrial strength lights, or I'll have to fence off my property.

I wish I could plant wolf seeds.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Use 120V lighting. Then when the deer chew on them, ZAP! Venison for dinner.

That might work if they were chewing. They're head butting the damned things, either snapping the lamps off the top of the post, or snapping the posts off where they enter the ground. The result is that my purposely discrete down-lights end up looking like runway markers to passing aircraft.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That might work if they were chewing. They're head butting the damned things, either snapping the lamps off the top of the post, or snapping the posts off where they enter the ground. The result is that my purposely discrete down-lights end up looking like runway markers to passing aircraft.

Maybe some short light poles with some of these lights?

DIY-Outdoor-String-Lights-on-Poles.jpg

And maybe anchor the poles like this? Or embedded in concrete.

2015_20_Atwood_Lake_Park_1_7d82f1d7ca.jp

Probably too expensive.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

And maybe anchor the poles like this? Or embedded in concrete.

2015_20_Atwood_Lake_Park_1_7d82f1d7ca.jp

Probably too expensive.

Probably cheaper than the landmines and automated machine guns Maddy was considering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

My patio looks a little like that, though the lake is 80 feet below the top of the bluff, and hidden by hundreds of feet of trees.

I wanted my path lighting to be virtually invisible to neighbors, and to not contribute to light pollution. So, the lights are 18" tall, only 22 lumens, and cast light only downward, illuminating just enough path to allow you to get from light to light without tripping. The deer have also destroyed a considerable portion of the landscape trees and shrubs I've installed over the last decade. My arborist has never seen deer pressure like I've been experiencing. It's not uncommon to see a dozen of them from my dinette window.

I've also had two newly planted spruce trees killed by voracious rabbits that ate all the needles up to about four feet off the ground. I don't think we had more than one foot of snow cover at the time, so those bastards must have jumped for the highest branches they ate.

• Like 1