17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's Peeve:   Was expecting lots of kids for Halloween, especially after last year, so we bought lots of candy.  The doorbell rang 5 times, for a total of about 15 kids.  Literally the lowest Halloween activity we've ever seen in this house - and we've been here about 23 years.  Now we have tons of candy that we'll have to pawn off onto our neighbors.

We only had 4 groups of kids, and was it. Think total of 10 kids.  So the rest of the candy like in pre-covid times goes to our bar for everyone to snitch up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I get it, Kimmi. It's hard being a mod. And the amount of work it would take to selectively remove abusive posts from a thread like that would be considerable.

But the impact of simply nuking a thread that was largely about explaining and defending trans identity is something that also needs to be considered. Simply removing an entire thread in which trans people were explaining who they are, and why they need to be acknowledged, because there was "disagreement" and maybe even some abusive language (although to be honest, I don't recall seeing anything like that) sends the message that we are not welcome to talk about trans people here because it will cause arguments.

As difficult as it might be to police a thread like that with sensitivity to those who are literally asserting their right to be acknowledged for who they are, care needs to be taken NOT to telegraph a really hurtful message.

This should have been handled better.

Up to the point where I was having a pleasant enough conversation with Prok, that particular thread had gone a little off the rails, but I didn't think it had become particularly nasty or to the point of needing even closing. It was a shock to me to see it pulled, although I was at the point of pulling myself out of it because I was clearly misunderstood by a couple of people who chose to split hairs over my terminology instead of actually properly reading and understanding what I had written. 

Pet peeve for me therefore, to keep on topic with this thread is people who choose to take everything so very personally when a comment I may have said was not remotely aimed at them or their ilk/community/sub-gender. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Pet peeve: Mods that nuke threads rather than people.

Can't agree more. It's typically the same handful or so too who can't seem to resist entering a thread clearly titled something they don't like or agree with and making their dog whistle statements on said topics. Yet thread gets nuked and they're still around to continue doing it.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Pet peeve: Mods that nuke threads rather than people.

I cracked up at this, as I read it right after having thoughts of mentally nuking some work folks.

Peeve:  People

Peeve:  Work

Major peeve:  People at my Work

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• When people take your words and twist it into something entirely else.
  • When people only see things as black and white.
  • When people think there are only two sides, and not a middle ground, or a surrounding.
  • When people cannot accept that they are in the wrong sometimes.
Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Daylights savings!  Now I have to wait TWO HOURS LONGER for stuff!!

But we just came off DST. Your getting it an hour earlier now, not later.

Now I can go to bed at 10pm and it actually is 10 not 9! YAY!

Next year, when it all goes to crap and DST goes into effect again, I am NOT setting my clocks back. I'm done taking years off my life with that bs.

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Next year, when it all goes to crap and DST goes into effect again, I am NOT setting my clocks back. I'm done taking years off my life with that bs.

Pretty sure it goes the other way where she is at.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's opposite below the equator, I believe.

Since people mentioned changing the clocks, my current peeve is that several years ago, in a general election, the people of Florida voted to stop changing the clocks and stay on DST year round. This action has to be approved by the US senate, but so far they refuse to comply with the will of the people.

9 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Nope.  Midnight SLT used to be 7pm for me, which meant I got home from work and all the midnight opening shopping events would be open and yay shopping!  Now midnight SLT is 9pm and I have to wait!!!  

gihy (1).gif

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Nope.  Midnight SLT used to be 7pm for me, which meant I got home from work and all the midnight opening shopping events would be open and yay shopping!  Now midnight SLT is 9pm and I have to wait!!!  

gihy (1).gif

I'd ask how in the world you guys ended up moving your clocks back two hours and not one but it probably wouldn't make a bit of sense to me. Of course, having DST around decades after WWII ended doesn't make sense to me either. 

Vendors that use items to advertise their clothes with, that do not exist.

Great you made panties and moon stickers for my boobs. Would you be so kind to also offer the matching shoes and choker your model is wearing in every single promo photo, because they are clearly needed to tie the outfit together?!

20 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'd ask how in the world you guys ended up moving your clocks back two hours and not one but it probably wouldn't make a bit of sense to me. Of course, having DST around decades after WWII ended doesn't make sense to me either. 

That would involve doing maths and I refuse to do that!!!

• Haha 2