People complaining about designers dropping old bodies/heads to design for the newer bodies/heads that people will spend money on.  Things move on.  I rock a Maitreya - and yes, I realize the day will come when I may find a new body i love (it's not happened yet) and I will see less and less stores making for it - but that's life - that's how I felt when I REFUSED to rock a mesh head until Bento heads were released - and then when I did get a bento head - i chose Lelutka over catwa and EVERYTHING was for catwa - i didn't complain - i just sucked it up.  I wish more people would suck it up in sl.  If you can't find what you want - either learn to make it (which is what all us older sl peeps would do), switch to a new body/head or suck it up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You can "buy back" the car from the insurance company and there are places that do have parts for cars much older then 30 years so... do the research. Insurance company totaled my truck (rear ended) when the frame was not twisted and just needed a new bed and rear bumper. Replacement bed came from junk yard and ex made the cast iron bumper since he was a welder. The truck was 2 years old when I got it 4 when rear ended, and I drove that little truck for a total of 14 years.

Don't let insurance companies rip you off. That is what they are in business to do.

My repairer cannot find the parts, plus I have been looking as well.  It's just impossible to find a replacement bumper and lights.  This is the disadvantage of living in a small country and having an obscure car!

14 hours ago, belladonna Wexhome said:

People complaining about designers dropping old bodies/heads to design for the newer bodies/heads that people will spend money on.  Things move on.  I rock a Maitreya - and yes, I realize the day will come when I may find a new body i love (it's not happened yet) and I will see less and less stores making for it - but that's life - that's how I felt when I REFUSED to rock a mesh head until Bento heads were released - and then when I did get a bento head - i chose Lelutka over catwa and EVERYTHING was for catwa - i didn't complain - i just sucked it up.  I wish more people would suck it up in sl.  If you can't find what you want - either learn to make it (which is what all us older sl peeps would do), switch to a new body/head or suck it up.

When i was classic,i was mad that Catya didn't fit my classic head,after i finally switch i thought about why i didn't done it earlier lol. When i tried Genus i wasn't satisfied and got back to Catya. I missed my old combo of Catya and slink physique and even if i complained about not seeing things for Catya and slink , it's only because i had some nostalgic vibes. 

P.s rocking evo x erin and maitreya and no complain😂😀

Shape creators who use FaceApp on their vendor ads.

Don't. Please, just... don't. It doesn't matter which brand of head your shape is created for; even the most advanced SL mesh head with the most complex animations and rigging simply cannot replicate a smile like that big, beaming FaceApp smile*, and you are causing no bloody end of hassle for the support people in those mesh head groups who have to deal with customers demanding to know why their head can't smile like that, "because it was in the shape ad!!!"

The same thing goes for skin creators, makeup creators, and facial hair creators. Using FaceApp on your ads is misrepresenting the product that your creation is intended for.

*Caveat: Something vaguely close to it could potentially be done with a special shape, a lot of slider work, and specific animations, but it would be Uncanny Valley at the least, and you would be walking around like that all the time, as much of the work would need to be done with shape sliders. For just a smile that you click an animation HUD button to get for a few seconds? Forget it.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

15 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

When i was classic,i was mad that Catya didn't fit my classic head,after i finally switch i thought about why i didn't done it earlier lol. When i tried Genus i wasn't satisfied and got back to Catya. I missed my old combo of Catya and slink physique and even if i complained about not seeing things for Catya and slink , it's only because i had some nostalgic vibes. 

P.s rocking evo x erin and maitreya and no complain😂😀

Wait - when did Erin go EVO X?  I have erin and it's just EVO....HALP

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 1:18 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

People complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

Did I  mention people complaining? 🤭

@belladonna Wexhome

It was intended as comic relief, not a (personal) poke at you. I'm sorry and I hope I never make you feel that way again.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, Rowan Amore said:

People getting hostile because you're not giving them the answer they want to hear.  Although, when the same answer is given by someone else, they're perfectly fine.  WTF?  

There is the other side of that where you give someone an answer, not realizing it was already said because you haven't read every single prior post, and the person that said it originally gets in a tiff because they just automatically assume that they are being ignored.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is the other side of that where you give someone an answer, not realizing it was already said because you haven't read every single prior post, and the person that said it originally gets in a tiff because they just automatically assume that they are being ignored.

If it's a long thread and someone says the same thing I do, I don't blame them for not slogging through the whole thing.  It would just strengthen the point IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

If it's a long thread and someone says the same thing I do, I don't blame them for not slogging through the whole thing.  It would just strengthen the point IMO.

I was referencing a general issue that I've seen come up quite a few times in the past few months - your comment before mine had just reminded me of it. 

Person A says something; a page or so later Person B says the same thing or something very similar; then someone comes along and thanks Person B for the info; followed by Person A posting some "all in a huff hair toss" comment because they had already said that and apparently everyone must just be ignoring them or doesn't like them or whatever so their helpful comments don't get acknowledged.

/me wanders off to finish reading a certain thread

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iggy UwU said:

newest pet peeve

people complaining on the forums.

That was just covered:

On 7/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

People complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

Did I  mention people complaining? 🤭

• Like 2

Subtitle author shenanigans.

I've been watching a series on the Swedish National Television service whilst on vacation, and for some reason my mother insisted we have the subtitles on. The first two seasons were fine, the subtitle author did a good job even with the slang, giving a feeling as if they were actually interested in doing a good job. Third season was transcribed by someone else, who, at best, uses literal translations that make no flipping sense in Swedish, at worst translates names phonetically (a chap called 'North' is being transcribed as 'Nårt' - wth? That's not even close!) 

I have half a mind to make a complaint - this is a translator being paid for their work with tax money!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was referencing a general issue that I've seen come up quite a few times in the past few months - your comment before mine had just reminded me of it. 

Person A says something; a page or so later Person B says the same thing or something very similar; then someone comes along and thanks Person B for the info; followed by Person A posting some "all in a huff hair toss" comment because they had already said that and apparently everyone must just be ignoring them or doesn't like them or whatever so their helpful comments don't get acknowledged.

/me wanders off to finish reading a certain thread

Ok fine then. Just ignore me. I don't have to help anyone. What goes around, comes around.

*hair flip*

d0e0711ec0e942c5750216daa3421340.gif

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

Subtitle author shenanigans.

I've been watching a series on the Swedish National Television service whilst on vacation, and for some reason my mother insisted we have the subtitles on. The first two seasons were fine, the subtitle author did a good job even with the slang, giving a feeling as if they were actually interested in doing a good job. Third season was transcribed by someone else, who, at best, uses literal translations that make no flipping sense in Swedish, at worst translates names phonetically (a chap called 'North' is being transcribed as 'Nårt' - wth? That's not even close!) 

I have half a mind to make a complaint - this is a translator being paid for their work with tax money!

Please do. It would be a boon to those of us with hearing loss if even those who have full hearing were to complain as well. And just maybe people will stop being so lazy and actually help the people they are supposed to be helping. The hearing impaired.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

Caution, this might be a TL;DR to some....

Super big pet peeve that recently happened to me with the re-openings --- stores using facial recognition as part of their security. We went to a market and moments later a store manager type and a security dude approached me saying I was not permitted in the store due for shoplifting. I said WTH and he said the stores FR cam matched me with someone else who stole from the store, but I told him I'm not that person. I was told the FR is 100% accurate but I said it's not as many get mistaken, especially people of colour like me.

He said I needed to get off the property immediately or he would need to call the police if I didn't leave. I said please do. He said he could have 2 of his strongest employees physically remove us but I said if he did his business is looking for a lawsuit. He proceeded to call the police and when they got there and we explained what was going on, the cop told the manager my civil rights were being violated and the province does not allow use for FR. The manager got more mad but just went back into the building in disgust. Couple of the bystanders that filmed it will send me the video, which might be use for a possible legal case.

• Sad 10