Next theme??

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:30 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess Patch doesn't like The Time Warp, that would have been a more fun hint.

I'm not sure why he didn't use that instead. After all, it's just a Jump to the Left..

it doesn't matter. After all.. anyway you slice it, it still comes out Meat Loaf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some new *designs* in the Trad and Log themes - as in additional single-storey builds, not just removing walls in the existing models. And will beseech the powers-that-be once more for some ambient sound in the trad regions.

Wow, that would be interesting.   I wonder if it's feasible for LL to do home mods other than interiors on already-released regions? 

The home outline would have to be smaller than already-released ones, because of landscaping.  And as for sounds ... we have to remember that each set of sounds is a new object on the region (or, I guess, they could just insert sound scripts into existing plants.  *cringes*).   I kinda suspect that if moles did these mods, a WHOLE LOT OF US could get jobs doing Belli QA!

I don't know if we'll ever see a whole lot more Traditionals being built, unless they  duplicate the "Clump" build again.   We have to remember that Olde Belli, where most of the Trads are, is all hand-built.  It does not make use of the multiregion templates that began being used with the Vics, and the moles have said many times that just duplicating already-released subcontinents is almost as hard as making new subcontinents.

BUT ... these are great recommendations for upcoming themes.  Personally, I've begun thinking of the upcoming "ranch" homes as version II Traditionals.  I hope some become available on 1024 parcels.

• Like 2

One frequent request is smaller fantasy homes, so that could also be a possible (as fantasy didn't get 512 plots, so no smaller homes). I actually like my giant house, as it means I can make jokes about living in a house made for giants, and have taller pets. But I can see why someone would want a smaller house and more outdoor mushroom space.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

One frequent request is smaller fantasy homes, so that could also be a possible (as fantasy didn't get 512 plots, so no smaller homes). I actually like my giant house, as it means I can make jokes about living in a house made for giants, and have taller pets. But I can see why someone would want a smaller house and more outdoor mushroom space.

More outdoor space with a smaller house, might mean there is not mush room inside!

Sorry, pathetic I know, but I couldn't resist it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Two things I would love to see on the Log Homes is:

1. The ability to rotate all the homes (4) rotations. I think only one spins now and in two directional options only. 

2. Back doors on all the Log Homes so you don't have to walk all the way around to get to a potential back yard or deck space. 😀

I am willing to pay in carrots!! Moles like carrots right???

🐹

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, JessycaJayne said:

Two things I would love to see on the Log Homes is:

1. The ability to rotate all the homes (4) rotations. I think only one spins now and in two directional options only. 

2. Back doors on all the Log Homes so you don't have to walk all the way around to get to a potential back yard or deck space. 😀

I am willing to pay in carrots!! Moles like carrots right???

🐹

Moles don't eat carrots. Voles eat carrots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 2:49 AM, Jamie Amore said:

Moles don't eat carrots. Voles eat carrots.

"A mole can consume up to 100 percent of its body weight in bugs during a single day. Overall, earthworms are a mole’s favorite food. A single mole consumes hundreds or even thousands of worms throughout its existence. Moles, on the other hand, do not just eat earthworms. They also enjoy dining on a wide range of insects and invertebrates."  Ewwwww! Lol!

(https://feedingnature.com/what-do-moles-eat/)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Sounds like a job for my new air fryer!!

I know this is waaaaayyyy off topic but...I've had one of those air-fryer/convection ovens for almost a year, and I love it! It's great for anything frozen, like waffles, egg rolls, sweet potato fries. I can do a rotisserie chicken like I'd buy at the grocery store, and it's the best way of cooking meat, poultry and fish that I've found, other than. grilling outside. And it doesn't heat up the kitchen like the regular oven.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And here, I thought "grubs" where what The Clampett's ate! Along with "vittles" ("victuals").

Grubs are high in protein and micronutrients. They are also a much better meat option for the environment than current options.  Our future might depend on recipe options given to us by moles.

Ummm... especially for the NEXT THEME.  There, stayed on topic.  The next theme release should include some favorite recipes from the moles.  I'll just check the mailbox for the recipe update.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Grubs are high in protein and micronutrients. They are also a much better meat option for the environment than current options.  Our future might depend on recipe options given to us by moles.

Ummm... especially for the NEXT THEME.  There, stayed on topic.  The next theme release should include some favorite recipes from the moles.  I'll just check the mailbox for the recipe update.

Grubs could be put into "Mr. Fusion" as fuel, to travel in Time!

• Haha 3

On 10/22/2022 at 10:47 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Wow, that would be interesting.   I wonder if it's feasible for LL to do home mods other than interiors on already-released regions? 

The home outline would have to be smaller than already-released ones, because of landscaping.  And as for sounds ... we have to remember that each set of sounds is a new object on the region (or, I guess, they could just insert sound scripts into existing plants.  *cringes*).   I kinda suspect that if moles did these mods, a WHOLE LOT OF US could get jobs doing Belli QA!

I read somewhere, or maybe heard, I don't remember, that the way the houses are set it would be possible to load new houses in the themes. I think it was Patch that answered a question about the houses beeing outdated as time pass (building, functionalities) as it happened with the old Linden Homes. So, I believe that the system is in place. I'm also hoping for new houses in the log themes (smaller and with a back door), but I don't think that will happen soon, for now I expect open plans in the trads and vics

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 11:47 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know if we'll ever see a whole lot more Traditionals being built, unless they  duplicate the "Clump" build again.   We have to remember that Olde Belli, where most of the Trads are, is all hand-built.  It does not make use of the multiregion templates that began being used with the Vics, and the moles have said many times that just duplicating already-released subcontinents is almost as hard as making new subcontinents.

BUT ... these are great recommendations for upcoming themes.  Personally, I've begun thinking of the upcoming "ranch" homes as version II Traditionals.  I hope some become available on 1024 parcels.

I can't see why LL have to make new smaller houses, since the plots are 32 x 32 m flat square.

The Modern houses and the Fantasy ones almost reach the edges of the plots. I can take a rough guess and say the longest side is 26-28 m.

It is already a tiny Alderley in the mailbox, and compared to later themes, the other three houses are modest in size.

We would be really lucky to get more models, but I can't see a technical reason that stops it. It will take time and work, but it is doable.

New models... ahh. 😋

We were discussing that changes for Premium, suggesting that Premium's could buy Homesteads without buying a region first, and behold! At the latest talk with the Lindens, they announce it will happen for Premium Plus. All is worth reading:

Lab Gab with Grumpity and Patch – summary notes – Inara Pey: Living in a Modemworld

So surprising things can happen.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.