Has anyone else noticed the B[xxxx] accounts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/1/2022 at 11:38 PM, Jules Catlyn said:

I have several venues in SL and all seem to be watched by accounts named B[xxxx](number) resident? Is this a new army of bots being started or am i the only one?

I would love to know!

Can't say I've seen one yet but this is from the profile.of the only one I found in search...

Made to confront creepy stalkers, that most likely misses any guts to reply back. Beware of all of the other b[xxxx] accounts around. They are most likely created to stalk you and you won't get a reply back when you confront them.

Feel free to talk to me and let me know if some of them has stalked you. :)

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2022 at 1:39 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Can't say I've seen one yet but this is from the profile.of the only one I found in search...

Made to confront creepy stalkers, that most likely misses any guts to reply back. Beware of all of the other b[xxxx] accounts around. They are most likely created to stalk you and you won't get a reply back when you confront them.

Feel free to talk to me and let me know if some of them has stalked you. :)

That's very odd. The story, if taken at face value from the profile, is hard to wrap my head around.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1

Yep and Brendens and so on. I think it's about time that LL does something about bots and only gives out bot licenses I don't know like some creator's give out the mesh creator's kits...you need to apply and explain what your bot is supposed to achieve. And there needs to be some root account like with a real person behind, that gets noted in the bots profile,  So if complaints come up (bots piling on your parcel etc.) you know who to contact. 

I think it's not ok that people who pay tier and land have to have looong ban lists just to get a little pause from the bot army. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Heh, so, the person that created B[xxxx] did so as a reaction to feeling stalked by B[xxxx]## accounts.  They found that B[xxxx]98 was available (had been skipped) and created it to talk to or maybe confront the other B[xxxx]## accounts.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ardy Lay said:

Heh, so, the person that created B[xxxx] did so as a reaction to feeling stalked by B[xxxx] ## accounts.  They found that B[xxxx] was available (had been skipped) and created it to talk to or maybe confront the other B[xxxx] ## accounts.

To me it looks like that person did a bit more than that.... No. 98 is 13 days old right now - I did a search and counted 41(!!) other Bonniebelles that are 13 days old, too.

In general, I kinda got used to the Brendans and bots may be harmless, but especially the Bonniebelles are pretty annoying. Setting the place to "must have payment info" is a great idea, but no option if you're running a public place, at least for me.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

This problem is still going on.  90 was stalking a friend of mine and got banned from our region for it.   Then 96 appeared claiming to have once had a home on our region.  Eventually she claimed to have our IP addies and that she would stalk us and that there was nothing we could do about it.  Of course this got her banned and blocked.  However, since been appearing at very diverse locations we have visited.  A concert last night, the SL Drive last weekend, various stores last week.   I am highly concerned that these appearances are not just by chance and that he is actually able to stalk avi's (hacking the server?).  I would like it very much if the Lindens would take some action on whoever is behind these accounts. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Unfortunately people like this say a lot of things that aren't true because it rattles their victims.  It's doubtful they have your IP addresses and even if they did, they could not use them to stalk you across the grid.  Unless you are wearing an attachment that they or one of their alts gave you with a tracking script in it, it is also not possible for them to know where you are for sure.  They probably just know your habits, checked out your groups to guess where you might be, etc.  One of their not-so-obviously named alts could be someone who knows you and/or you know well.

You've banned them and realistically that's pretty much all you can do unless you want to file an AR for abuse.

• Like 8

On 11/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, kalamityjane said:

This problem is still going on.  90 was stalking a friend of mine and got banned from our region for it.   Then 96 appeared claiming to have once had a home on our region.  Eventually she claimed to have our IP addies and that she would stalk us and that there was nothing we could do about it.  Of course this got her banned and blocked.  However, since been appearing at very diverse locations we have visited.  A concert last night, the SL Drive last weekend, various stores last week.   I am highly concerned that these appearances are not just by chance and that he is actually able to stalk avi's (hacking the server?).  I would like it very much if the Lindens would take some action on whoever is behind these accounts. 

The original b[xxxx] bots don't talk to people. They appear for a moment, do whatever they're doing, and disappear. It looks like people have been creating copycat avatars and threatening people with them, but I've not seen any evidence that they're connected with the original bots.

That means it's important to note if you're seeing the original bots or if that one specific avatar is following you. The original bots are unlikely to be connected to the situation and are simply appearing everywhere because that's what they do. They don't follow anyone in particular.

If the avatar who threatened you is turning up everywhere, the most likely thing is this is someone you know on an alt, so they know where you hang out. An easy test is when they turn up, teleport somewhere you've never visited before without telling anyone what you're doing. See if they follow.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 8

Already tested just that and yes 96 follows even if we go seperate ways to never visited places (this of course after revoking premission, making sure no untrusted attachments are worn, and so forth to clear off any tracking scripts).   90 seems to haunt the SL drive and so it's appearances can be explained and don't feel as targeted. 

Since being banned, 96 is appearing in places that we usually do NOT frequent.   These appearances are always only moments after we arrive on a sim, staying remaining only a few seconds and poof.  Also, always happening during a certain time frame of night when it is completely unpredictable where we might be if not on our sim.   When 'she' spoke us on our sim 'she' communicated information about us to us that has only been shared with only one individual on the grid, whom was named in our abuse complaints.  So, Yes AR's have been filed, to no effect yet, the shadowing has since increased not decreased.   

I agree that it doubtful that 96 is a hacker however I won't rule it out.   I suspect the person we suspect created a copycat to mess with us, knowing that one of us was already being stalked by 90.   However, since this is an ongoing problem and the shadowing by these accounts is a common complaint, I still feel that this might indeed by something more than simple random encounters with bots, and that our problems might be connected with the other stalking reports.  

Good valid responses, thank you.  I agree with everything expressed and hope that the 'it's just bots or an alt of someone who's pissed at you' theories are true.   My purpose here is to simply inform that this problem has not vanished since August and to add our experiences to those others expressed.

Edited by kalamityjane

My club is brand new, although my island is not.  I bought the island in May.  Not Bonniebelles.  I opened my club at the end of October and made it a hangout.  Bonniebelles.  They pop in, stay five seconds, and leave.  I can't image what they're doing excect gathering the number of guests at each.

On 11/12/2022 at 11:38 PM, kalamityjane said:

I agree that it doubtful that 96 is a hacker however I won't rule it out.

You should, because it's not possible. It is someone up to no good, but it's not a hacker. People need to quit using that term for everything that they can't explain, it doesn't make any sense. No one can "hack sl" to the point that they know where you are at all times. You can let them know with different permissions and products that give that information, but they can't "hack" into that information. They definitely cant do anything with your IP either, even if they did have it, it won't tell them where you are in sl, it can't because it doesn't know that info.

After reading more it's obvious that yours is a case of someone messing with someone else. You literally said that you've told one other person about certain things and this person gave that info back to you. That tells you it's someone messing with you. You've probably mentioned seeing the  names around, like lots of people have, and they decided to use a known bot name to screw with you. It's working, because you're still thinking it's some kind of hacker and letting it bother you plus alter what you do and where you go in sl, rather than looking at the obvious solution that's slapping you in the face. Stop letting it bother you and it'll stop. Feeding it will only make it worse. Also, I'd stop talking to whoever it is you gave that information to that the weird av gave back, they clearly aren't a friend. 

Edited by Caeruleiae
took out the name
  • Like 1

• Quartz Mole changed the title to Has anyone else noticed the B[xxxx] accounts?

Just so you're all aware, too.  A couple of the largest estate rental companies use bots for whatever reason.  I used to go to 2 different places.  One mainland and one a private estate.  I'd see.the same name.pop in and out of both.  Just a simple check showed me that both places were owned by the same company.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.