Has anyone else noticed the B[xxxx] accounts?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

To be fair, anyone visiting studio-skye's website has access to that information.  Anyone from SL.who links their RL info to their SL website makes it public information.  They don't need to visit the bonnie bell website first.

This. Exactly this.

• Like 1

When interpreting TOS and speculating about what is allowed and what isn't, it's probably also a good idea to think about what Linden intended with those TOS. Like I can easily see the intention to protect someone who makes a video and - incidentally - captures your avatar, so they won't get in trouble just because of that. On the other extreme, I don't think the TOS cover to publicly show on a website where on what sim you have been at what time with who (as an example). Even though that data is easily available for anyone who would enter that sim. In between there's a lot of grey for sure.

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To be fair, anyone visiting studio-skye's website has access to that information.  Anyone from SL.who links their RL info to their SL website makes it public information.  They don't need to visit the bonnie bell website first.

no but that particular website provides the RL income of this person which it should not do. That is the entire thing with these data miners and how they are using the data. It can be linked easily. That is exactly why there are such strict laws about it. You would be surprised how little information is needed to connect avatar accounts to RL identity information. Making people their RL income public through data scraping a website should not be allowed.

Edited by Count Burks
  • Like 1

• Lindens

Hi all, I understand some are upset by what they are seeing on the BonnieBots website.  Let me assure you that all the information they are displaying is accessible via lsl script call or openly available information on various web pages.  In other words, this is public information and has been for quite some time.  Nothing that is discoverable in this manner is considered personally identifiable information.  If you have something on your Profile you do not wish others to know, you should remove it at this time.  As has been pointed out, land owners have the ability to restrict access to private areas via the land management tools.  

If you are concerned about the safety of your account, please enable MultiFactor Authentication.  The steps to do so can be found here:  accounts.secondlife.com/mfa/status

And, as always, if you believe anyone has broken the Terms of Service, please file an Abuse Report so that we may investigate the situation.  

We are in communication with the owner of this system to ensure all it adheres to all requirements and will now be closing this thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, xDancingStarx said:

I don't think the TOS cover to publicly show on a website where on what sim you have been at what time with who (as an example).

Well, I can't find anywhere on the Bonnie website where that information is being displayed. Can you show where that information is available, please?

2 minutes ago, Count Burks said:

no but that particular website provides the RL income of this person which it should not do. That is the entire thing with these data miners and how they are using the data. It can be linked easily. That is exactly why their are such strict laws about it. You would be surprised how little information is needed to connect avatar accounts to RL identity information. Making people their RL income public through data scraping a website should not be allowed.

Again, LL is making the information about marketplace sales public.

I explained it before, I'll explain it again.

image.png.90cb5493c946a1febb159716c93493ee.png

marketplace.secondlife.com shows the most recent purchases. It actually has more recent purchases than what it shows on the webpage, just sitting there in the html files.

Linden Labs is showing what items are selling on the market place, who sells it, and how much it costs. LL is the one making that information available to the public, not Bonnie. Unless the Bonnie developer has some kind of direct line from Linden Lab, in all likelihood all the Bonnie is doing is representing the data from the web page in a different format.

Again, Linden Lab are the ones making the marketplace sales data public. Bonnie is just reporting on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, xDancingStarx said:

I don't think the TOS cover to publicly show on a website where on what sim you have been at what time with who (as an example). Even though that data is easily available for anyone who would enter that sim. In between there's a lot of grey for sure.

LL has no control over what is posted on other websites aside from their own copyrighted things.  If they want to control what information is able to be collected per their ToS, that's what they can control.  As it stands now, the info collected about avatars inworld is publicly accessible and allowed by approved scripts.

I'm in no way saying the website isn't a bit cringe worthy but it's allowed.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.