Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I learned from binge-building my new Newbrooke...

These are not for boat people, full stop.

I only abandoned one house before sticking with one that was adjacent to a community pool.

The 512 houses on 1024 parcel option is perfect for me as the big yard gives you privacy. And there is a very complete fence kit.

Also 512 houses have fewer (small) rooms. I don't have enough (or prims) to fully decorate a 1024 house.

If you want a particular house... in your choose/abandon cycle make sure that you try out that house on the parcel. Some houses simply don't work well on some parcels because the deck/views wind up in a bad place. So find the optimal house/parcel combination.

I hated the roof as delivered so I rezzed some prims up there (linked. convex hull) and got a nice copper roof.

The parcels I have see are all flat meaning you can put down a prim and replace the ground texture.

Wanna see what I did? Look here

Edited by syndi Pearl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, syndi Pearl said:

I hated the roof as delivered so I rezzed some prims up there (linked. convex hull) and got a nice copper roof.

I wanted to warn you that they are not allowing roof changes of any sort. I got hooted at my Abhor for a peaked roof I had (very small peak I might add) and I flattened it and then today Patch came by and saw the flattened version and returned it (along with my entire outside landscaping since it was all linked). I talked to Patch about it and he said they are expecting people may make rooftop decks but we are not allowed to change the texture on the top or add different roofs. I was disappointed but it's their playground and they make the rules. I am just glad I found out before I boxed it up and sold it as an add-on to people who would end up not being able to use it.

Here is the roof top I had to give you an idea of what they considered "out of theme."

32 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Wait, how do you put 512 houses on those 1024 parcels? Running out off prims and my landscaping isn't done, the den need a record player, the bedroom and kitchen are not even started as well.

You can find the 512 homes in the mailbox home rezzer.

roof.jpg

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I wanted to warn you that they are not allowing roof changes of any sort. I got hooted at my Abhor for a peaked roof I had (very small peak I might add) and I flattened it and then today Patch came by and saw the flattened version and returned it (along with my entire outside landscaping since it was all linked). I talked to Patch about it and he said they are expecting people may make rooftop decks but we are not allowed to change the texture on the top or add different roofs. I was disappointed but it's their playground and they make the rules. I am just glad I found out before I boxed it up and sold it as an add-on to people who would end up not being able to use it.

Here is the roof top I had to give you an idea of what they considered "out of theme."

roof.jpg

I am sorry for your disappointment but you reacted very graciously.  Thank you for letting us know what you learned.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yestothis said:

It has never even occurred to me before to check if an add on is in theme and acceptable. Is there a way for sellers to get a linden seal of approval?

from observation LDPW don't have a Seal of Approval.  What they have is a Seal of Disapproval. Which works as Mercedes posted above

when a homeowner does something with a Linden Home which is beyond the bounds of what LDPW considers appropriate for the theme then it gets the Seal of Disapproval and the disapproved object/device is returned to the homeowner

from my observations I notice that the LDPW Moles are quite happy to visit (work hours permitting) and consult with homeowners about this. As Mercedes attests to above

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

So it would mean that something like this (inclined roof) would not be allowed then? Good I hadn't bought it yet even though it's pretty cheap.

Roof_Bradbury.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

So it would mean that something like this (inclined roof) would not be allowed then? Good I hadn't bought it yet even though it's pretty cheap.

Roof_Bradbury.png

Yes, I am pretty sure that would be sent back, but I don't want to speak for the Moles or Patch directly and it may be best to ask them first.

58 minutes ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

Is that the roof that got sent back? If so, I am floored. That looks great and is 10x less OTT than most additions out there.

Yes, that is the roof that was returned.

I wanted to add that both Abhor and Patch were nice to me about the issue. I do not agree that these roofs are out of theme, but I just do what I am told (sometimes).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I guess once the newness wears off and the moles have moved on, then governing out of theme addons falls to the usual channels.
As the usual channels are usually overwhelmed, and only move quickly for serious issues then I guess people will be able to get away with all sorts of out of theme addons.
From my perspective that is an issue, but some people will prefer that.

Enter the tudor farmhouse with barn, sci-fi geo-dome and whole extra floor with helicopter launch pad mod.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 7

I just drove my little taxi-bug through some of the regions, and liked the design of the houses.  With that said, those roads can be a bit difficult to maneuver around on 😨  The moles need to post some speed limit signs 😜  The design reminds me of a few neighborhoods in my area, the houses are pretty close to one another and closer to the road which I think looks pretty neat.  I think my favorite design so far is a two story house (I believe called the Ender) on a 512 parcel.  I'm tempted to give up my fantasy home, but am not quite ready for modern day living 🙃  Although it would be nice to have another 512 on the mainland.

Congrats to everyone who got a new home today 🥰 Make sure to take plenty of pictures and share them all with us.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

roof.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking a living roof would be perfect for this style of home but as it would need a soil texture I guess I won’t be doing it now. 

29C4D72B-44CE-45B8-AC3C-887B9672DE37.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tamara Adored said:

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking a living roof would be perfect for this style of home but as it would need a soil texture I guess I won’t be doing it now. 

Same plan here! Maybe you could get away with it by calling it one very large rooftop planter...?

In all honesty, it is a bit disappointing. All the roofs showcased look perfectly great and in-theme to me.

• Like 4

• Moles

A living roof or a deck is different than an add-on that looks like a major change to the design of the house itself, and I think that is what Patch wants to avoid... lest the theme becomes a sea of pointy, pitched rooves stretching out into the distance as far as the draw distance eye can see. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

Is that the roof that got sent back? If so, I am floored. That looks great and is 10x less OTT than most additions out there.

Huh yes. I was going to do something like that if I had a house. It is strange, when the rest of Bellisseria look as it does.

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

A living roof or a deck is different than an add-on that looks like a major change to the design of the house itself, and I think that is what Patch wants to avoid... lest the theme becomes a sea of pointy, pitched rooves stretching out into the distance as far as the draw distance eye can see. 

I wonder how long this work to keep it in theme will last. People talk about what they have reported that's not acted upon in rest of Bellisseria. Put your foot down now will not help in a few months time, when new people comes in and start to add things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

We're already working on better ways to increase covenant awareness and stepping up proactive (rather than reactive) enforcement. As time allows, some of us with the ability to do so have been canvasing regions and returning things such as improperly set security orbs, building platforms/skyboxes below 2000 meters in the sky, breedable farms, commercial signage, etc. We do this with an educational goal, directing the resident to the covenant with the assumption (unless proven otherwise) that they simply don't know better, and that is what we want to change.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Thanks Abnor. My roof will be low-key so I’m going to have a play later & see what I can come up with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

dang!!! this would rule out the 20 floor apartment build on top then also ??!

😸

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I may be a complete idiot, but which models are the ones for the 512? None of them looked "smaller" than the one I rezzed, which is Emmas model btw (this one) ...

Roof_Bradbury.png.074d15a8d8bed224e80e06603270fb7e.png

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
emphasizing text

10 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

roof.jpg

I saw a person on Piano Man region with an ENORMOUS add on roof that looks like the roof that the person above me posted!

Edited by Fay Starlight

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I may be a complete idiot, but which models are the ones for the 512? None of them looked "smaller" than the one I rezzed, which is Emmas model btw (this one) ...

Roof_Bradbury.png.074d15a8d8bed224e80e06603270fb7e.png

I don't have the names memorized but if you rez each model and inspect it, the name will have 512 in it.  I think it may be the last 4 in the list, but my memory may be failing me.    

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.