Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, JessycaJayne said:

I can see why this is, it helps to avoid spammers etc. I can tell you from having a passport on both of my avi's, that once they receive your passport application filled out w/photo. You get an invite to the group right after. 

🐹

It's just odd that other groups are open and don't seem to have that sort of issue. It's OK, I'll stick with the other passport game where everyone can freely join.  :) 

• Like 6

I'm starting to wonder if these traps are a clue for a game? Something to do with taking a photo of objects maybe? Getting strange vibes. I'm near one of these traps and I found one of the objects that is on the trap? I should probably go to bed.

hmmmm.png

• Like 6

This bike at the new community center is sweet strange that there's a trap near the bike rezzer. You can see both in this photo. If it was a game, I take it this is the golden bike chain? 

community center bike.png

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Interesting thread.  Seems the same ole same ole is going in with these houses.  Back to not reading this forum for another 3 months.

Saying it's "interesting" then saying you're not going to read it anymore is an oxymoron, but your choice. 

Edited by Fleur Aurelia
spelling... again!
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Paulsian said:

This bike at the new community center is sweet strange that there's a trap near the bike rezzer. You can see both in this photo. If it was a game, I take it this is the golden bike chain? 

Thanks. I missed the bike rezzers on my first visit. I had fun on my second visit "terrorising" the neighborhood on a bright pink mountain bike. Once I got the hang of it though I was less in people's gardens and more on the road 🤣

Edited by Madonna666
Brain freeze
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Please Sirs, can I keep my kitchen?

@Patch Linden @Abnor Mole?

I built in the covered porch in the end. Maybe 1 in 100 houses are lucky enough to not have a road or a fence in the way. Looking in a fence 1 m from me? 😕

So I used it for a spacious kitchen!

kit_001.jpg

kit_002.jpg

Lovely add-on Marianne.  I honestly think its sad that this new era of strictness has made us feel like we need to take to the forums to get permission for every little add-on we do.  In any other theme none of us would have even thought to seek out permission for something as mild as that.  I do hope that the Lindens read this entire thread with a listening ear to very very real concerns.  Concerns of In Theme building, concerns of artistic creativity, not to mention the very real concerns of favoritism that have been show to a few while very strict policing has been show to others.

I'm sure you will be able to keep your kitchen.  But then again a couple days ago i would have been positive that a few people would have been able to keep their little roof add-ons.  I hope i get to keep my Bowling Alley too.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Madonna666 said:
8 hours ago, Paulsian said:

Expand  

Thanks. I missed the bike rezzers on my first visit. I had fun on my second visit "terrorising" the neighborhood on a bright pink mountain bike. Once I got the hang of it though I was less in people's gardens and more on the road 🤣

lol, I can't wait to try one out. I need to get me a human avatar asap. 

You made me think of something. The gold chain on the trap made me want to look for something golden but what if the trap (I know i'm obsessed) is saying it wants a photo of the pink bike because there's pink glasses near the golden chain?? 

Anyone have any trap theories? 

trap.png

pink bike.png

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

lol, I can't wait to try one out. I need to get me a human avatar asap. 

You made me think of something. The gold chain on the trap made me want to look for something golden but what if the trap (I know i'm obsessed) is saying it wants a photo of the pink bike because there's pink glasses near the golden chain?? 

Anyone have any trap theories? 

trap.png

pink bike.png

I am very much enjoying reading this playful side of you.  I need to get inworld and check out these traps!

Hipster traps 😄😀😄I hope that beer is a microbrew

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:17 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How in the world would they allow that to stay yet return the other roof add-on?  If they do, then they need to go back and allow the other person to add their roof add on. I do love the bowling alley but it's so way out of theme I can't see how they would allow it.  Even though you don't charge to use it, it is still a business smack dab in the middle of a residential community.  Maybe if they allowed certain businesses in more remote areas but if I lived next to this I wouldn't be happy.  

Ignore me. Was posting silly stuff again.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

Just now, Katherine Heartsong said:

I don't want to sound grumpy but I'm with Sam here. I adore the idea, but if they won't let a simply pitched roof that actually blended perfectly into the modern home design stay, and can be commonly found on modernist designed homes, there is not way they can permit this. It takes the home so far out of theme it's not funny. Cute as hell, but that'd be the biggest double standard I've recently seen.

Why not allow both? Look at EVERY theme in bellisseria... There are cafes, libraries, Bureacracies (on their own freaking region with triple the LI), there are art galleries, clubs with events and dances at them, I've even seen a train station as well as an arcade.  All of these things are in all the other themes. And NONE of these things have ever been sent back or disallowed as long as they were not selling actual things or doing commerce.  So why all the sudden all this strictness over Newbrooke?

Is Bellisseria going to turn into something where people are always walking on eggshells that any spark of creativity they have first needs to have some HOA approval first.  Maybe we need a thread where we post our things for permission first, the ultimate big brother micro management of building.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:10 AM, Always Incognito said:

I got one in Dooright and placed my 3 flags (Swedish, EU and Ukraine) outside. So now it looks like an embassy 😆 I got a bit inspired and maybee I should pursue this idea and make something like a human rights place of it? 😊 I might try for another location and change the house tho, or maybee not? Thanks LL and @Patch Linden for nice work! ❤️

*The Embassy of peace and human rights* is now open. I did pursue the idea and i didnt change location either. Im blessed with a rez zone close by so im fine as i am. I might even get a stamp holder for it any day (and i got bins to empty) 😊

TheEmbassy_001.png

TheEmbassy2_001.png

• Like 13

I really do not like being critical, but why why why why why are the interior doors for this theme so drab?  The front doors are perfect.  It really makes it difficult to get excited to decorate one of these?  Something like this would have really pushed this theme over the top.

image.png.62aaf21945dd69ed4bba14c8f2676dab.png  

I would much rather the interior doors be left off and added to the creation pack, as was the case with the stilts.  I can only assume there were too many complaints about missing doors with those, and that this strategy has been abandoned.    

And speaking of doors, having them open only 90 degrees, and often in the incorrect direction kills the walkability of the space.  This has been a problem since the Traditional Homes were released.

Example:  The door below should be hinged on the right instead of the left, allowing it to open against the wall rather than unnecessarily blocking the path and view into the room.    
image.thumb.png.5c2962b693f5e1637ae6069c21af96ed.png

I know it's easier from a construction perspective to just have all doors swing counterclockwise, but we spend time in these homes.  We use them.  We walk around in them.  Design matters to us.  Flow matters to us.

I know we can just rent some land and build whatever we want, but these are simple things that could easily be remedied.        

I never like to break function for the sake of form, but I'm not sure my OCD can handle this particular flaw.  I think I will have to make an exception in this instance and simply cover all the interior doors with ones that better match the theme.  In most instances, they will remain closed, requiring the use of furniture to get in and out of any rooms.  Or, I may just pass on this theme altogether, which is a shame, as for the most part, it is nicely done.     

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I really do not like being critical, but why why why why why are the interior doors for this theme so drab?  The front doors are perfect.  It really makes it difficult to get excited to decorate one of these?  Something like this would have really pushed this theme over the top.

image.png.62aaf21945dd69ed4bba14c8f2676dab.png  

I would much rather the interior doors be left off and added to the creation pack, as was the case with the stilts.  I can only assume there too many complaints about missing doors with those, and that this strategy has been abandoned.    

And speaking of doors, having them open only 90 degrees, and often in the incorrect direction kills the walkability of the space.  This has been a problem since the Traditional Homes were released.

Example:  The door below should be hinged on the right instead of the left, allowing it to open against the wall rather than unnecessarily blocking the path and view into the room.    
image.thumb.png.5c2962b693f5e1637ae6069c21af96ed.png

I know it's easier from a construction perspective to just have all doors swing counterclockwise, but we spend time in these homes.  We use them.  We walk around in them.  Design matters to us.  Flow matters to us.

I know we can just rent some land and build whatever we want, but these are simple things that could easily be remedied.        

I never like to break function for the sake of form, but I'm not sure my OCD can handle this particular flaw.  I think I will have to make an exception in this instance and simply cover all the interior doors with ones that better match the theme.  In most instances, they will remain closed, requiring the use of furniture to get in and out of any rooms.  Or, I may just pass on this theme altogether, which is a shame, as for the most part, it is nicely done.     

I have really trouble with the look of the doors myself, and yes, the swing did I notice too...

One of the 512 houses does not have doors out to the garden. That makes me so sad, especially since it was a perfect, large double to-the-floor window there, that should be swapped with doors. But what do I know... 😒

Nothing annoys me like the glued on terraces on the 1024 houses! I am glad I can enjoy one of the 512 houses, because they do not come with those &!¤#!

But I may try a cover-up terrace work on one of those. I am only trying this Newbrooke because of @Mercedes Avon, I saw what she did with it.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.