Premium Plus - What are your 'Must Have' features and what are you willing to pay for it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Orwar said:

And Bellisseria would be different from this, how exactly, if people were allowed to put whatever they wanted in place of their Linden Homes? 

@Orwar As I said,   " I guess letting people put their own house would be too hard to manage and keep a theme going.    I'll just take the added LI allowance "

But as @Mollymews said, 
"Linden do create themed mainland areas, like Bay City, Nautilus, etc. as you are aware. What happens is that people who do move into these areas do tend to build in a way which is consistent with the theme

one day when LPDW have finished building out Belli then they might start doing more themed mainland areas

i think that one of the keys to themed mainland areas is the region restriction preventing parcel joining and subdivision. Can own more than one parcel in the area, just can't chop them up

as there are relatively few of these themed mainland areas then you are right, they can be relatively expensive to purchase. Not sure what the price tipping point would be, on the growth line of more themed areas"

Bottom line....

It was JUST an idea,  I realize and stated that it might not be doable.   Molly's comment was spot on!   

@Luna BlissProbably you just can't see that...some people can't see the forest for the trees...and some can't see the trees for the forest.  A balance is always nice.

I see that mainland, aside from areas like Bay City etc.,  is very hodgepodge - which prompted me to say,  it would be nice to have an affordable alternative.  

Again,  I admitted it may not be feasible.  It was just my humble opinion about what I would like and be willing to pay for,  thought...  I think @Istelathisis correct.... "I don't think there are enough people that will pay for a fee much higher than around the $200 USD mark for them to put that much effort into creating new regions for members, as well as change the settings for upload fees."

20 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

@Luna BlissProbably you just can't see that...some people can't see the forest for the trees...and some can't see the trees for the forest.  A balance is always nice.

I see that mainland, aside from areas like Bay City etc.,  is very hodgepodge - which prompted me to say,  it would be nice to have an affordable alternative.  

Was speaking to Orwar, as it seems he didn't understand it takes more than the houses themselves to unify a region/sim/design.  I knew you did although you didn't specify how you came to your conclusion.

I like your idea really, although there would have to be some rules regarding sizes of homes.

• Like 1

I have been reading all of this and have been a member since 2007 and a premium for a while and man oh man have I seen many a changes.  For me the most frustrating this is while I loved my linden home.. I hated the layout... like it would be almost perfect but the placement of a staircase of a wall being cut short to make way for the worlds smallest restroom/kitchen would drive me batty because I could not get my home just how I wanted it... I loved not losing the LI against my prims but not being able to create as I liked... drove me to mainland.  I have a lovely house and a nice 1024 but that 1024 took me forever to find because hello flat not weird shaped land (so many of us have been there)

For me.. I'd be happy with more stipend each week and at LEAST a 2048.. because while I love the current home I found.... I keep finding homes I LOVE and its JUST a teeny bit over the 30/5/30.5 31/31 I can fit on my cube... yeah I have a near almost cube shaped piece on the mainland... so just something a bit bigger and I'd be happy... I don't need a space for some huge mansion  or anything but at least a 2048.. heck even a 2560 or a 3072 would be rockstar depending on the price... just that little bit extra so I could have some furniture outside... or get that dream house that eludes me because while the inside is perfect it has that attached patio or balcony or what have you that is no mod so you can not remove it to make it fit as intended...

I would also not be object to more group spots.... I always find myself playing pick and choose there.. but so far am making it work but in 6 months from now I know thats going to be an absolute nightmare.

I would hope that it would not be astronomical since money is well its always an issue but I would not be object if the deal was right for a 50-60-75 increase range.. I would find a way to manage it it gave some good things not those what the heck is this stuff... so here is to hoping, waiting and watching.

I suppose 2048 tier + increased stipend would be nice for a Premium Plus type of account but seeing as I'm scraping through RL life with my regular Premium account it would probably be beyond my means. Also, it would be nice to bring back the lifetime accounts with 4096 tier. I've read all the other suggestions and most of them would have no impact for me. More groups slots wouldn't be a big deal for me as I'm not in that many groups. Maybe a set number of free uploads per month or something along those lines would be useful. Also the ability to own a Homestead sim without having to own a full sim would be nice as well.

Someone mentioned Business vs Resident

Business Account Premium

* Business Name ownership/registration the ability to lock in your own business name so that someone else cannot have the same name as your store just as RL does...how this has not been a cash grab for LL all along has always baffled me. Which would be a recurring yearly fee, that way when people stop actually actively being part of SL their Marketplace stores do not get to just float forever, but would just return to stores of the owners names if not paying the fee.

*Separate Tabs/Stores in Marketplace, so that you can have a discounted section, Demos tab, resellers tab

* A Vendor system that was usable in stores (no commission fee in world) so that stores are not relying on other residents to provide those tools and then potentially leave SL and you have to redo whole stores again.

* Marketplace to not have your oldest random items as the items shown when searching for a store in merchant tab, the ability to curate it as you would want your store to be showing its best work. (Example I sold mostly nails, but my thumbnails are random other things)

* Date of listings visible so that newer customers can understand that something created and listed in 2009 may not be the same as something created and listed in 2022. 

* Ability to remove misguided reviews so LL is not paying someone to do that, and then them deciding if it is bad at all. This could be overseen so that no one is just deleting reviews that are justified.

* Being able to give stars but not write something and have your name attached, not just because you want to give a bad rating but just because it would be more likely the ratings would increase if people were just able to click the stars not have to come up with actual text and may feel uncomfortable doing so.

* Redelivery for marketplace purchases to be available in world, so that a customer does not have to work out where they purchased something in the past, and track it down.

* EMAIL ACCOUNTS    there is no reason that we as residents business or personal should have to saturate Gmail and Yahoo and all those services with avatar name accounts, when we could just have    mySLname@secondlife.com    and for a business premium the ability to have that brand name be the email address you own also.  so   Brandname@Secondlife.com    

This could also mean that capping IMs rubbish and so on is no longer a thing, because stores could essentially just ask that all store related communication be done to brandname@secondlife.com 

And residents in emergencies or just for personal reasons would not have to log in but know that emailing their friend at their secondlife.com email would reach them and not cap 

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Someone mentioned Business vs Resident

Business Account Premium

* Business Name ownership/registration the ability to lock in your own business name so that someone else cannot have the same name as your store just as RL does...how this has not been a cash grab for LL all along has always baffled me. Which would be a recurring yearly fee, that way when people stop actually actively being part of SL their Marketplace stores do not get to just float forever, but would just return to stores of the owners names if not paying the fee.

* Date of listings visible so that newer customers can understand that something created and listed in 2009 may not be the same as something created and listed in 2022. 

* Ability to remove misguided reviews so LL is not paying someone to do that, and then them deciding if it is bad at all. This could be overseen so that no one is just deleting reviews that are justified.

* EMAIL ACCOUNTS    there is no reason that we as residents business or personal should have to saturate Gmail and Yahoo and all those services with avatar name accounts, when we could just have    mySLname@secondlife.com    and for a business premium the ability to have that brand name be the email address you own also.  so   Brandname@Secondlife.com    

This could also mean that capping IMs rubbish and so on is no longer a thing, because stores could essentially just ask that all store related communication be done to brandname@secondlife.com 

And residents in emergencies or just for personal reasons would not have to log in but now that emailing their friend at their secondlife.com email would reach them and not cap 

Currently, SL businesses can register trademarks just as if they were RL businesses. I know "Catwa" is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; I don't know what others are.

As a consumer, I have often wished that listing dates were visible. Now, the bast I can do is sort newesty first.

I really don't think we need to enable sellers to remove "misguided" reviews, since, in the seller's eyes, anything unfavorable will likely be seen as misguided.

As it currently stands, you can have offline IMs forwarded to email. I have often wondered why people say to send them notecards because "IMs get capped," when they could just have IMs forwarded. Having a secondlife.com email address would be helpful in terms of having all correspondence about something in one place.

5 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Currently, SL businesses can register trademarks just as if they were RL businesses. I know "Catwa" is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; I don't know what others are.

As a consumer, I have often wished that listing dates were visible. Now, the bast I can do is sort newesty first.

I really don't think we need to enable sellers to remove "misguided" reviews, since, in the seller's eyes, anything unfavorable will likely be seen as misguided.

As it currently stands, you can have offline IMs forwarded to email. I have often wondered why people say to send them notecards because "IMs get capped," when they could just have IMs forwarded. Having a secondlife.com email address would be helpful in terms of having all correspondence about something in one place.

Yes there are a lot of businesses that have RL registration, however LL doing their own registry that meant just like names you could not input one if it was already taken would be a very helpful device. The other day I was looking for a random store, the name was pretty basic to be sure, but 8 stores came up and I had no way of knowing which was the one I was looking for.  SL has the means to not have repeat names for avatars, so the same should go for Marketplace, and they could earn from it, and it is a business so it would be a business expense.

I have done blogs on names of businesses being really important in the past, also done blogs on IMs 'capping' as I know it is not true if you offline to email correctly :) . The review thing is more like moderators perhaps instead of actual LL employees, there are many cases of customers giving a 1 star review because they could not get a redelivery or they have some misunderstanding of the item, the time spent on dealing with those is not something LL should have to do the cost associated is silly, also many fear putting demos on marketplace because it gives haters a chance to ruin someone's products, and there have been many cases of that over the years of people using MP as a way to bully creators. 

3 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Yes there are a lot of businesses that have RL registration, however LL doing their own registry that meant just like names you could not input one if it was already taken would be a very helpful device

i think there is some merit in the idea of a business name, as an idea

am not sure tho that it wouldn't still result in quite a few 'sounds-like' names

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i think there is some merit in the idea of a business name, as an idea

am not sure tho that it wouldn't still result in quite a few 'sounds-like' names

I am fine with that though, I mean my store name Flair came from Scarborough Fair then Scarborough Flair because of my Fashion Blog, and then just Flair as a store name, had I gone to register Flair and there was already Flayr or Flare or Phlair I may have put more than five seconds of thought into it, and as I would have been paying for it, and of course a cost associated with changing it, there may have been more thinking done, and the same for those that want to ride on the coattails of other known names. I am not saying that LL should charge a lot, because that could get very costly over years of time, but a start off fee of say 25 dollars and then 10 dollars a year to maintain it seems reasonable...and those not wanting to pay a fee at all just run businesses with their avatar names that are already unique that no one can mimic.

Edited by Sasy Scarborough

• 2 weeks later...

More script memory would be nice.  Would love to trade script-time, comms use, complexity and increased mem usage for doing more in individual scripts. Even if its gated behind needing to be compiled for an experience.

Better experience tools. Outside of walk-in-to-teleporters, I haven't seen or thought of any use for experiences. The required land permission issues nerf using them over non-exp methods.

Some form of supported synchronous object data storage. KVP-store is rather limited, async, and land permissions kill it. Just gimme like a MB of binary buffer. lol

Generally hoping Plus has a bunch of creator concentric improvements.

The ability to merge two avatars into one.....so no transfer stuff can be consolidated onto one avatar.

Like say one of your avatars has a great no-transfer house. You make a new avatar and don't play the old one with the house anymore. But you can't delete it because it has a no transfer house you don't want to lose.

The ability to recover lost or deleted items. Some stores won't. Also some stuff seems to disappear or get lost sometimes.

There seem to be two use cases for Premium Plus:

• Business tools - multiple money accounts, inventories, mailboxes, etc. Things to help you manage your business.
  • Status symbols - "I'm Premium Plus, see me flex."

Those are quite different offerings. The business tools could just be various paid business tool offerings. A big landowner and a big store need different tools.

If it's a status symbol, what should you get? A big house? A $ above your head?

Here's the pitch deck for Bored Ape Yacht Club, an expensive status symbol. The Rolex of a new generation.

https://twitter.com/LeonidasNFT/status/1505058932758360064

A BAYC NFT, which is just a small JPEG of mediocre art, can cost upwards of US$100,000. "The FOMO is real. For every BAYC  member, there are hundreds dying to gain access." They've marketed something useless into a must-have for a winner demographic.

So, a SL super-premium continent, where you either have to pay, have a large number of customers, or have a large number of followers on social media to get in. To be a creator on Fortnite, you have to have a certain number of followers. To be a creator on Decentraland, you have to pay US$500 per item as a "curation fee". (Which you don't get back if rejected.) To be someone on Twitter, you need to get the famous checkmark. Status gatekeeping is becoming standard practice in social media. Winners talk and show off, losers watch and listen.

Should SL go there?

• Haha 1

I don't know if this has been brought up before.

Something I really want and would pay well for is better inventory management tools.

What I would really like is a separate window the looked like a spreadsheet with a line for each item and a column for each data field. I mean all data fields, everything that I can see when I look at an item's properties. I want to be able to filter each columns. I want boolean search. It would be nice to have "Show Picture" on a right-click menu, but I don't know if that's feasible.

If they give me this, I'll happily pay double.

I've recently downgraded back to basic. I was premium because of owning my own land however, due to having to pay 19% VAT on tier cost I can rent land just SO much cheaper.

Not sure what LL would have to add to make me want to go back to premium, nothing really interesting in it for me and the one thing I did want was costly.

9 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

to the person that mentioned a secondlife email address,  no, nobody get's those besides the company,  we do have types in SL that will abuse that and pretend they are real lindens and do bad with them.

They could easily have a separate domain for residents' email.

2 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

They could easily have a separate domain for residents' email.

secondliferesident.com would be perfect,  then just have to get the word around that LL employee's will not be using it at all and they will never get emails from LL employees asking for information and such.

4 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Something I really want and would pay well for is better inventory management tools.

What I would really like is a separate window the looked like a spreadsheet with a line for each item and a column for each data field. I mean all data fields, everything that I can see when I look at an item's properties. I want to be able to filter each columns. I want boolean search. It would be nice to have "Show Picture" on a right-click menu, but I don't know if that's feasible.

Honestly,   I know where you are coming from!!  LOL ....  Inventory management is an endless struggle for me.   It would be great if it was easier / they offered better tools!   

But,  the only thing I'm willing to pay for is more land and higher Li   🤣

4 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Yes, I think Inventory management tools is definitely something I would pay for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

Honestly,   I know where you are coming from!!  LOL ....  Inventory management is an endless struggle for me.   It would be great if it was easier / they offered better tools!   

Inventory has been a primary focus for us making Catznip the last few years (because we're hopeless shopaholics) but even with everything we've done in that regard, we're still bound by inventory being based on the desktop file explorer model. 

(rambling follows)

I've been religiously using the CTS wardrobe to catalog all my clothing purchases the last few months, it's slow going, complicated (and very particular at times) but it does at least give me something taggable & browsable. We've talked about doing something like that in the viewer, but really we need tagging support from LL (something even some Lindens have openly wished for). Neither of us really like the idea of the viewer maintaining a separate tag database .. which to do right would be best done with a web backend so tagging could be crowd sourced (and follow the user regardless of where they logged in) .. which then brings up privacy concerns. It's one thing for LL to have such a backend for viewers to pull tags from, it's quite another for a third party viewer to do it on their own servers (not to mention concerns about it breaking LL's shared experience rules). A local file/database avoids those problems, but that's a single point of failure with some pretty huge consequences should it get lost or damaged, it also ties the user to that one viewer .. which is pointless when such a feature would likely be picked up by other viewers and people do like to hop about.

Kitty just keeps everything in the auto created folders for purchase date and region name so she can then look things up based on when or what event the thing was purchased from .. typically using regular expressions (because OF COURSE THATS WHAT SHE DOES).

We've explored quite a few games to see how they handle large inventories, and as a rule, they don't. In many cases adding the file and folder model we have would actually be an improvement. Where they do make an effort, you end up with something like IMVU which can't work as the asset system they have is orders of magnitude simpler than ours. It's not possible to auto generate such a display, and then we're back into getting users to invest significant time into adding their stuff to the pictorial system .. and begging LL to add tag field to assets!!

The crazy number of combinations of heads, bodies and avatar types possible in SL means any solution good for everyone is going to come with a fair amount of complexity.

Creating another inventory organization "mini game" that's as time consuming and open to interpretation as the one we have now isn't really better, it's just different.

Inventory is a very powerful tool and really underpins a lot of what makes SL unique, it enables an almost unlimited flexibility for creators to ship multiple versions of a thing and bundle extras, dev parts, instruction manuals and so on. If you buy a thing in a game, you get the thing. No more, no less, and it will always work everywhere because everywhere is really a very limited set of options and the thing is hardcoded for each of them in advance.

But seriously though, tagging support from LL would be a great addition. Every asset gets a tag field that can be edited by the user regardless of the things permissions, and when you start typing a #tag a database query happens and offers some suggested tags based on what you're typing and what other people added as tags for an identically named asset are offered. 

(rambling ends)

another business need that would work is more groups, there are many that have max groups for nothing that is of any enjoyment or even social, they are all so that they can rez at events or be part of an event, or mall, and most businesses often have three land, VIP/Store Group, staff or bloggers group types as well, so the ability to pay into that increased group need, just to even be able to be in a group that is not business related for some may change some ways creators tend to burn out.

8 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

to the person that mentioned a secondlife email address,  no, nobody get's those besides the company,  we do have types in SL that will abuse that and pretend they are real lindens and do bad with them.

I am not sure how you would abuse it, because the email would be part of your account, its not something you make, can edit or anything of any kind, it would be your SL username@SLwhatevertheywouldcallit everyone would know they have an email when they join up as it would be provided, and it would be very easy for them to be clear that LL would never use it to communicate with Residents, they don't communicate with us using their emails now (unless something you know you are a part of) so I would not be too concerned about that. It could also be something you access via dashboard if needed, but something outside of SL would be very helpful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.