Premium Plus - What are your 'Must Have' features and what are you willing to pay for it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For creators a few new batches of newcomers are very much needed.
The 134th house, the 15 mesh body, the 45670th clothing piece etc.... The oldbie inventories are filled till the rafters with all kinds of everything.

LL should look how to attract newbies again, find out what they want from SL. Adjust accordingly and make the premium plans to suit them. The old folks will stay no matter what, otherwise they would have been long gone by now, as long as LL doesn't chase them out with more and more pricier fees for upload and L$ exchange and tier.

LL nor the merchants can't keep squeezing out the same oranges and lemons a little more  over and over again.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

For creators a few new batches of newcomers are very much needed.
The 134th house, the 15 mesh body, the 45670th clothing piece etc.... The oldbie inventories are filled till the rafters with all kinds of everything.

LL should look how to attract newbies again, find out what they want from SL. Adjust accordingly and make the premium plans to suit them. The old folks will stay no matter what, otherwise they would have been long gone by now, as long as LL doesn't chase them out with more and more pricier fees for upload and L$ exchange and tier.

LL nor the merchants can't keep squeezing out the same oranges and lemons a little more  over and over again.

This is why I keep saying platform advancement .. Oh no stuff will change and we will moan about .. moan, but not actually leave or anything, and being included with the platforms doing new and exciting things will get us all the new eye balls.

(just not crypto)

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 2

After rethinking this I believe the follow features would be MOST ideal

Mobile App with Viewer capabilities (To be expanded on but basic viewer  at first)

API for developers (Get around CORS issues with some sort of API Key and low level access at first?)

In game integrated Marketplace/Forum/etc (A Non web browser based interaction system)

Skip/Filter Pre-Checkout Ads (Id prefer to be able to search for anything but only see select types of items in these ads screens.)

Land Limit Increases And/Or Linden Stipend increase

Edited by NardweBones

On 1/13/2022 at 11:46 AM, Lucia Nightfire said:

So, the Web team yesterday reaffirmed  the Lab's desire to offer Premium Plus this year.

As this thread's title says, "What are your 'Must Have' features and what are you willing to pay for it?"

Please answer both and please keep the thread on topic.

Thanks.

[01]..Real / Actual “Hide global presence”

[02]..Group messages that work reliably

[03]..The ability to Partner more than one other avatar

[04]..A Pegasus

image.gif

• Like 1

Wildly discounted land. The mainland is a barren wasteland. If people could get anything but the smallest parcels of land, we could clean up the mainland of all its trash and come up with some nice builds.

One free name change or a wildly discounted price, especially for Resident accounts. I don't think we need yearly name changes. That's what display names are for. Nor do we need a way to bypass security and scripting. But for those of us who joined post- and pre-names, having that option once would be nice and not have to pay $40 to do it.

Removed group limit. I really don't see a need for this limit, especially when you're paying monthly. If you sell anything in SL, you're in a dozen or more groups just for that. If you have or even use any land, you're in groups for that. If you ever spend money in world, you're in store groups. If you roleplay, you could be in a dozen groups there alone. I get having a group limit on freebie accounts, but if you're paying money, this can be a hassle.

Because I fly and sail a lot....

- the ability to return any object that overhangs into a protected parcel (should not this be the default? why is rezzing objects that overhang Linden protected parcels even possible?)

- have banlines treated as bumpers.... you just bounce off them rather than lose your vehicle or worse (again, by default, why should not this be the same as a region out-of-world edge)

- i want a pony too

On 1/14/2022 at 6:49 PM, Paul Hexem said:

If you need more of these, you're the reason SL is so laggy. You're basically asking to buy a GPU crasher.

The ideas for Tier, Stipend, and limited use homesteads are much better.

False.

If your GPU will crash over someone having too high of complexity, then it is time for an upgrade. Nothing within the past 5 years will crash from that.

Avatar complexity is over hyped and dramatized as the ultimate factor in lag. It is not. The mere presence of avas with no scripts, no attachments, is enough to induce lag. The SL engine and architect is the issue.

Not me wearing an extra piece of jewelry.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

False.

If your GPU will crash over someone having too high of complexity, then it is time for an upgrade. Nothing within the past 5 years will crash from that.

Avatar complexity is over hyped and dramatized as the ultimate factor in lag. It is not. The mere presence of avas with no scripts, no attachments, is enough to induce lag. The SL engine and architect is the issue.

I've got a now none popular creators item in my inventory which pushes the limits of complexity and if I put it on. everyone in view instantly lags out.  dont try the "what I wear is not causing it" routine.

• Like 4

Oh geesh, I can be pretty demanding when it comes to parting ways with my money.  I mean, I go out of my way to purchase generic foods, instead of Netflix I stream videos through free sites, I even purchased a hybrid car to save on gas.  I can't see myself upgrading to premium plus unless it was outrageously beneficial to my experience in SL.  Even if the price were raised to $150 USD a year,  4096sqm and a weekly stipend of $500L  is not going to do it, it would have to be a lot more than that.  

I don't even dare to say what I would require from linden servers, and it would never happen anyway.  I mean, I want to, but who knows where that will lead this poor thread to 🙃

I'm okay where I am at with my $99 USD premium membership, I would rather it remained the $72 it once was and still feel bitter about it being raised.  Now that I have been in SL for a few years,  I can do quite a lot with1024 sqm, and 300L is enough to keep me entertained and I feel like my money goes toward contributing to SL progressing so such an expense is bordering on being justified.  More than that though, becomes more difficult for me to justify such an expense.

Edited by Istelathis

1 hour ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

False.

No, true. There actually used to be GPU crashers before the limits were added to the viewer. They were super high complexity sculpts.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:41 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Ability to pay directly with linden dollars rather than USD.   Patch mentioned that possibility to pay more things that way --  might have been a couple of years ago by now.  Doubt it will ever happen though.    

There's always the option of changing your lindens to dollars (via paypal or something) and paying tier that way. 

8 minutes ago, Tex Monday said:

There's always the option of changing your lindens to dollars (via paypal or something) and paying tier that way. 

Yes, but then you have to pay the exchange fee.  Though, if LL allowed us to pay things with L$, they'd just set the exchange rate such that they get their fee anyway.

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, but you have to agree to Tilia's  terms and I do not agree :D. Thanks. 

Something tells me that if you get to pay LL with L$, they'll still make you agree to Tilia.  Probably on some screen where you check a box saying that you are willing to let them take owed money from your L$, with a tiny little Tilia agreement tacked on.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Something tells me that if you get to pay LL with L$, they'll still make you agree to Tilia.  Probably on some screen where you check a box saying that you are willing to let them take owed money from your L$, with a tiny little Tilia agreement tacked on.

The only time you have to agree to Tilia's terms is if you withdraw USD aka cash out.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes there is or has been for a long while, haven't checked lately. There is also (now - or on last report) an "I agree" when you BUY (that wasn't the case at the beginning of "Tilia Takes Over" :D ).   For awhile there was a "by clicking this button you agree to" method but that went away for a time.    If any of this has changed (only those who have never agreed will see it of course) then I would certainly like to know --- but alas I have no hope of that.   I just don't bother to check any longer.   

(Note: the part about agreeing to BUY is no longer valid as I just checked --- see note a couple posts down. 

I understand the legalities, I just don't like the TOS and Privacy Policy which has of course complicated "my" life.  No regrets though, I am still doing all the things I enjoy here, just in a different way.      

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

32 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The only time you have to agree to Tilia's terms is if you withdraw USD aka cash out.

You have to agree still (just went through the motions but didn't sell) in order to convert lindens to USD (not connected at all with sending out to Paypal)

image.thumb.png.e7e5917f45da47269269275f21c3dffa.png

They HAVE however taken off the TOS agreement for BUYING linden dollars.  The also connected this (chic's) account with an alt account (something folks keep saying that they never do LOL).   So most of what I said above was true. Going back to cross out the bit about buying.  

Note to keep this in the THEME of the OP -----

I gave up my premium accounts because of the Tilia agreement that was needed to pay for the fee. I know several others that also did this.  So it is a valid argument for "Premium Plus".  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.