When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

For those who may be new to this thread and possibly Bellisseria, some of these "on the water" homes may only be that way temporarily.  The Ranch Homes area is still being built, and only a few regions have finished coastlines.  You may end up on a beautiful pristine coast, or you may end up being regions away from open water once the theme settles.  

If you are a frequent house hopper, then it won't matter, but if you are looking for a forever home, you may want to keep that in mind.  

Happy house hunting.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I am putting this amazing ranch home back at 6 am slt  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moose Lick/34/227/40  

long driveway, up on a hill, wheat fields on 2 sides.  I have 2 ranch spots, it will be hard to give this up, will just shut my eyes and abandon lol

https://gatherandnestsl.com/2023/08/boho-hippie-ranch-living/ 

• Like 3

My alt is putting her stilt on pier (the purple house in the photo) in Cutlass Point up for new ownership today.  It faces north into a void zone, so even on max draw distance, the nearby land of Sakura can't be seen. I have had this spot for over 2 years, and I hate giving it up, but life's getting too expensive to have two avatars with premium accounts, so she's leaving Premiumville.

Good luck to anyone who wants a try at it.  I know stilt on pier are a hard catch. 

purples stilthouse_002.png

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

So they finally managed to make the offer meet the demand.

Just about that yeah.

Victorian vanishes from the list a few times a day.

And Stilts are split into three categories. Stile on Water shows up very infrequently and is usually gone within seconds. Stilt on a Pier seems to show up once a day or so, and vanish in minutes.

Stilt on land might as well get permanently hardcoded onto the page as it's not going anywhere. ;) I'm not sure but it just 'feels' like the least popular home style of them all. Maybe even when compared against the old linden homes also.

If stilt on water was every teenager's wet dream - then stilt on land would be meeting that dream-person right after they joined a convent or monastery. It's all there :x - but... it isn't. :ph34r:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Stilt on land might as well get permanently hardcoded onto the page as it's not going anywhere. ;) I'm not sure but it just 'feels' like the least popular home style of them all. Maybe even when compared against the old linden homes also.

If stilt on water was every teenager's wet dream - then stilt on land would be meeting that dream-person right after they joined a convent or monastery. It's all there :x - but... it isn't. :ph34r:

hahahaha, I really feel I have to defend my beloved Stilts on Land, my favorite of all the current themes!   I do admit that I routinely toss back most of the ones that are totally landlocked but, over the past years, I have landed some gorgeous stilts right at the edge of the water and my alts currently have two that are pretty much landlocked but in excellent locations and right beside a rez zone so they are keepers, one of them my alt has had for almost 3 years (claimed on 12/26/20).

Edited by Leora Greenwood
details, details
  • Like 8

On 8/30/2023 at 5:56 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

hahahaha, I really feel I have to defend my beloved Stilts on Land, my favorite of all the current themes!   I do admit that I routinely toss back most of the ones that are totally landlocked but, over the past years, I have landed some gorgeous stilts right at the edge of the water and my alts currently have two that are pretty much landlocked but in excellent locations and right beside a rez zone so they are keepers, one of them my alt has had for almost 3 years (claimed on 12/26/20).

Yeah. Hopefully my smileys got the humor across to everyone.

The stilt on lands that are actually on land but have some water in the lot - personally I think those might be way better than an all water lot. I wouldn't want one that was an entire land parcel - but it's not hard to find plots like that in SL that are decorated beautifully. I've seen people make whole designed areas under the house like a basement / garage would allow. It's the only theme in the Linden Homes where you can make an open basement for yourself - something some RL friends of mine have because their house is on a hill.

Today we got some pics in the pictures thread of someone's stilt that looks like it's on land with water on the lot - and it makes a strong case for that kind of parcel.

A few posts up from me here in this thread is a pic from someone giving up their stilt on a pier. Their red-housed neighbor is a stile on land that has water on the lot (I think) and it's actually a great parcel where you could have both a boat and a car/motorcycle if you wanted such.

The other day I drove my new log home down a ramp into the stilts - so some of the stilts are also road connected to other places.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

The other day I drove my new log home down a ramp into the stilts - so some of the stilts are also road connected to other places.

You can drive all the way through the stilts, from the lovely bridge in Beiramar region at the Northeast tip of LogLand to the Chalets.  The moles put in place a carefully crafted road-and-bridge design to enable that!

I used to have a stilt-on-land that had enough water in back to moor 2 boats and fronted on that looooong road.  It was a beaut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In February, LL had ca. 38 000 homes in Bellisseria. This was before they added Ranches. LL are also expanding other themes, like the Victorians they are building.

The ranch houses are "sold out" but we do not know how many that are waiting to get a ranch. It could be balanced so well that it's not a queue.

Ranches will not be the only PPlus theme. Many who have PPlus, will abandon the Ranch they have, when a new PPlus theme is released.

With the cost of living going up in RL, I doubt it will be many who have alts on PPlus. It will not be like it was three- four years ago, when people could have houses in every theme, with several alts.

There are a huge amount of Fantasy and Chalets that sit empty. I only have numbers from February, but I have no reason to belive it has changed much. LL can not afford to make huge numbers of Ranches, if they are abandoned when it's a new theme. 415809617_belliavailable.png.83f7c1fbb86b40c746ab1a54073c4a75.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Is there a key somewhere that explains what/where those different subcontinents are?

Ah, I wish it was. Some are easy to figure out, like the huge area of Fantasy homes.

I have heard what the "Pickle" and "Squishy Pickle" is, one of them is the big sandy island complex with houseboats and the other mostly green land with Traditionals on. I think Southern Houseboats is the copy of the big sandy island complex. 

It is added new coast and other builds, like added houseboats along the Newbrooke coast. So it is more than one theme in places.

And Old Belli must be the first land LL opened in 2019? Or maybe Old Belli includes more?

It will be quite interesting to hear what others have to say about this. Since BonnieBots is not allowed to collect information in Bellisseria anymore, it will be no more information... this screenshot from February is all that I have.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

I'll have a go at it ;)

Alpinisseria - the Chalet theme (the area that straddles the river NE of the Stilts and connects to Satori)

Fantasseria - the Fantasy theme (area south of the Log theme isolated from the rest of Belli)

First Generation - the older style 512sqm LL homes

Loglands - Log homes situated between the Stilts and the eastern edge of the Vics. Also contains campers

Newbrooke - Newbrooke theme north of the Chalet homes (unfinished)

New Islands - I'm guessing these are the island north of the Newbrooke theme and joining half way up the Satori west coast - they are a mixture of Newbrookes and Houseboats

Old Belli - the original release of Trads and houseboats plus Camper regions which were added later

Sakurasseria - Japanese theme north of Stilts

Southern Houseboats - All the houseboat islands south of the Vics - extending down to meet up with the Jeogeot coastline

Squishy Pickle - the large Houseboat area east/north east of the Trad area.  Released one month after the opening of Belli to cater to demand for more houseboats.

Stiltland - Stilt home theme between the Log and Chalet themes

The Pickle - Large island off the east coast of the original Trad home area.  This island was used as the template for the Squishy pickle - just hollowed out to be more suitable for houseboats.  The Pickle island was built out bit by bit after the original Belli release and contains Trads plus Houseboats.

Victorians - Victorian theme located south of the main Trad area - separated by a narrow river. More Vics were then added in the south east of the Trad area to join that to the Log home theme, and more still in a new, still unfinished island south of that, containing the Vic community center.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Here is my current map.  Each label is on a separate layer, so names of areas can be changed; these are just how I think of them.  Note that these are just geographic labels, not indicators of exactly where all homes are.  For example, the east coast of Bellevaria (Bellisseria+Bavaria!) is fringed with houseboats.

image.thumb.png.75679a716d63a9782d51e3b10f968d81.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 9

"First Generation" is the old 512 pre- Belisseria homes, yes.

It is interesting to see that it was almost 15 000 occupied houses of that type. This is why LL have not closed the old homes and forced people to move to Bellisseria.

They can't do it before they have enough Belisseria houses. Or else LL has no alternative for people in the old LL homes.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

"First Generation" is the old 512 pre- Belisseria homes, yes.

It is interesting to see that it was almost 15 000 occupied houses of that type. This is why LL have not closed the old homes and forced people to move to Bellisseria.

They can't do it before they have enough Belisseria houses. Or else LL has no alternative for people in the old LL homes.

They have enough.

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

They have enough.

It surprises my tastes, but the decade old linden homes are still preferred by a number of people.

That 15,000 is quite a lot of premium accounts paying for those things. Every last one of them could move to Bellisseria if they wanted to - but clearly they do not desire to. And that's fine for them.

And... given modern Cloud servers, it's probably only takes a single premium account to break even on the cost of keeping a region active (that's a guess - I believe the cost of a single 'virtual server' would be pretty cheap, especially if you've got thousands of them and are buying in bulk). So why not keep those old regions alive if it's still a good source of revenue and so many people still want that product?

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

And... given modern Cloud servers, it's probably only takes a single premium account to break even on the cost of keeping a region active (that's a guess - I believe the cost of a single 'virtual server' would be pretty cheap, especially if you've got thousands of them and are buying in bulk).

I'm not willing to discuss it (due to a lack of actual facts) but I doubt your assertion. If it were true, why would @Abnor Mole say repeatedly that they need to deploy about 20 LH per region to be profitable?  Remember, they are not just buying raw servers or storage on AWS; they are paying for AWS services supporting SL's network architecture as well.  And LL's service usage (24 hours, geographically dispersed, avg concurrency maybe 25,000, peak 55,000) is not typical for a company of LL's size (and budget!).

At one point I took a quick pricing spin for just AWS's Appstream service, in a "regional" configuration, medium size servers, and came up with about $3,000,000 per month.  I'm sure that's way offbase, but the point is, we're not talking $99/year for a single region.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

So why not keep those old regions alive if it's still a good source of revenue and so many people still want that product?

The old homes are customised through a web interface that ideally LL would like not to have to support anymore. That's the main issue, as I understand it.

Also, it'd be kind of embarrassing if any those shiny new mobile users they're hoping to attract were to select one...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Not if you sum up available new Linden Homes from that list BonnieBots had in February.

I do not know how many homes that's added since then, but not enough for 15 000 old LH residents. 

They won't all move to Bellisseria. Some will move to mainland or estates. Some will just quit being Premium (especially if they're alts anyway). 

I can easily imagine someone with a Meadowbrook home being happy with a Newbrook or Houseboat, but if someone likes their old Fantasy home, the Fantassaria homes may not be what they want at all. Maybe they'll be able to find a Fantasy theme on an estate somewhere? I think many of the Elves moved to other platforms years ago. If they went to InWorldz, did they move back to SL or did they migrate to OpenSim?

If they like the Tahoe A-frames, the Log Homes are great. If they like the old Japanese homes, Sakura is nice too.

Are there at least 10,000 new Linden Homes available in Bellisseria as 512 or 1024 parcels?

• Like 2