When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

17 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Ah. I thought you had to wait till a region was no longer new.

If the house is unowned and says "Linden Home" and the region isn't an SSP region, it's fair game for ticketing.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ironically, I saw a Stilt on Water last night that someone had turned into a Stilt on Land by adding a sand dune under it & matching the Linden sand texture.

That's one of my big worries about getting a stilt - that a neighbor might do that.

We're down to 8 of them left. All I have to abandon to get one is a very nice houseboat in a quiet region with neighbors that put all their weird inside the walls, if they have any to begin with. So I'm probably not grabbing one.

There's 720 houseboats available so it will probably never happen, but I am waiting for the regions on the river between "SSPAlotta Fish" and "SSPBristol Fashion" to open up so I can move my houseboat to somewhere in there.

Been waiting a while on that, will likely happen sometime in 2073...

I remember in 2019 when there were usually 0 houseboats available and folks would be in the Belli Citizens group all morning everyday waiting for a mole to pop in and say some random joke because we know if they did, they were either about to release a new region or just had and it was time to spam refresh the page again. But with 720 available, the ones in SSP regions right now will probably be there for ages.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 5

On 4/14/2024 at 12:10 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:
On 4/13/2024 at 12:28 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Ironically, I saw a Stilt on Water last night that someone had turned into a Stilt on Land by adding a sand dune under it & matching the Linden sand texture.

That's one of my big worries about getting a stilt - that a neighbor might do that.

Guilty as charged.

stiltonwater_001.thumb.jpg.09ca199fdcb669f5416a309d830a9df4.jpg

Of course, the Belli covenant allows this. The general problem for many Linden Homes is how to visually connect the front door to a passing road or a spit of Linden Land. This requires building beyond parcel boundaries and this is ordinarily allowed if the connection blends in. Some stilt-on-waters (like the one above) have a front door that leads to open water... so the tendency is to build a porch and/or a dock. The sand under the house helps as it allows you to also landscape a bit. The key thing is to keep all of this WITHIN parcel boundaries. The horrors I see is when builders poach upon surrounding waters and present a hazard to navigation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Yeah I know the covenant allows it. I just can't stand the site of it. In the past I've left plots because someone within cam distance had a fake island. Even abandoned a blake sea plot over that almost a decade ago.

I think it depends on how well the landscaping or additions blend in with the neighborhood.

The Stilt home I saw was technically over water, but was also right next to a small sandy island. I intially thought the sand under the house was part of that island, because it used the same texture and blended nearly seamlessly with it. It was only after I clicked on the "land" under the house that I discovered it was an addition. There were 2 areas on the parcel where water allowed small boats to be rezzed. The rest of the sand was not filled with objects, but would have allowed space for beach chairs, a picnic table, a hot tub, a few plants, or other appropriate items.

• Like 3

I've always wondered, if you want your Stilt Home to be on sand, why don't you just get a Stilt Home on Land?

There are plenty of those that are partially over water, so you can have a deck on the water and rez a boat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xViXeNx71 said:

I've always wondered, if you want your Stilt Home to be on sand, why don't you just get a Stilt Home on Land?

There are plenty of those that are partially over water, so you can have a deck on the water and rez a boat.

I don't know how hard it is to get a Stilt Home that's partially on land and partially over water. The person might also want one of the homes in the recently opened area, near the Welcome Hub, train line, and 2048 regions.

2 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Yeah I know the covenant allows it. I just can't stand the site of it

People get stilt-on-water and stilt-on-pier (or a houseboat) because they want rezzable water on their parcel for various reasons, the obvious one being a boat. (Some stilt-on-lands have a bit of rezzable water but this is not guaranteed.)

Once they have a parcel with rezzable water, they build it out according to their own aesthetic preferences. That's just the way it works.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

I have found that the Stilt homes which are partly on water have a much higher occupancy rate than the regular stilt on land homes, so it would make sense that they don't come up that often.

I actually did land an edge of sim, unobstructed view stilt on water with decent neighbours and I couldn't force myself to decorate it. Some people really want a garden, or a land connection, despite also wanting somewhere to rez their boat.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Guilty as charged.

stiltonwater_001.thumb.jpg.09ca199fdcb669f5416a309d830a9df4.jpg

Of course, the Belli covenant allows this. The general problem for many Linden Homes is how to visually connect the front door to a passing road or a spit of Linden Land. This requires building beyond parcel boundaries and this is ordinarily allowed if the connection blends in. Some stilt-on-waters (like the one above) have a front door that leads to open water... so the tendency is to build a porch and/or a dock. The sand under the house helps as it allows you to also landscape a bit. The key thing is to keep all of this WITHIN parcel boundaries. The horrors I see is when builders poach upon surrounding waters and present a hazard to navigation.

This is really nicely done imo ❤️ sadly not everyone has this talent 🫣

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

People get stilt-on-water and stilt-on-pier (or a houseboat) because they want rezzable water on their parcel for various reasons, the obvious one being a boat. (Some stilt-on-lands have a bit of rezzable water but this is not guaranteed.)

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I have found that the Stilt homes which are partly on water have a much higher occupancy rate than the regular stilt on land homes, so it would make sense that they don't come up that often.

Those are valid reasons I guess.

I don't mind as much when people landscape it nicely and match the sand textures, but some people just throw a random square slab of sand underneath their Stilt (or Houseboat), and that looks just aweful.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

Those are valid reasons I guess.

I don't mind as much when people landscape it nicely and match the sand textures, but some people just throw a random square slab of sand underneath their Stilt (or Houseboat), and that looks just aweful.

This is true for any LH theme. Some people take a perfectly nice, mostly flat parcel and ruin it by putting down a box prim with a grass texture that does even come close to matching.

I think all the content packs should include appropriate ground textures, to minimize the use of ground textures that don't match.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is true for any LH theme. Some people take a perfectly nice, mostly flat parcel and ruin it by putting down a box prim with a grass texture that does even come close to matching.

I think all the content packs should include appropriate ground textures, to minimize the use of ground textures that don't match.

Lol, they need to include a dash of taste too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have to wonder. If I wanted a garden that extended up to the shore a square parcel houseboat might work best - I could rez a land extension under part of the houseboat that matched the nearby land's texture and then extended out the front partly. That might work best on houseboat that is near green land rather than a beach - so that it would look like land plants could grow on.

To my eyes, fake islands never look good. And if you live near one it's just a theme breaking annoyance.

It doesn't break the TOS so I can't AR it, but that doesn't change that I dislike it and will seek a new place to reside if a neighbor puts one down. To me it's like the RL version of parking a junked car up on bricks in your front yard next to a liquor still.

It was driving me nuts that there was one stilt on water left, and it'd been there for more than 24 hours. So I just grabbed it and found out why. That's next door:

Screenshot2024-04-19123543.thumb.png.3788a91c8c0a0e7d93ebc1234e58e62b.png

Technically this one IS ARable - it goes over the parcel boundary by a slight bit. But I suspect whatever mole got tasked with responding would ignore the AR. It'd be a jerk move to AR this person.

So I just tossed it back and made a landmark so I can check that location first before ever trying to grab a water stilt again.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I have to wonder. If I wanted a garden that extended up to the shore a square parcel houseboat might work best - I could rez a land extension under part of the houseboat that matched the nearby land's texture and then extended out the front partly. That might work best on houseboat that is near green land rather than a beach - so that it would look like land plants could grow on.

To my eyes, fake islands never look good. And if you live near one it's just a theme breaking annoyance.

It doesn't break the TOS so I can't AR it, but that doesn't change that I dislike it and will seek a new place to reside if a neighbor puts one down. To me it's like the RL version of parking a junked car up on bricks in your front yard next to a liquor still.

It was driving me nuts that there was one stilt on water left, and it'd been there for more than 24 hours. So I just grabbed it and found out why. That's next door:

Technically this one IS ARable - it goes over the parcel boundary by a slight bit. But I suspect whatever mole got tasked with responding would ignore the AR. It'd be a jerk move to AR this person.

So I just tossed it back and made a landmark so I can check that location first before ever trying to grab a water stilt again.

Never forget that "Derender" is your friend, especially when you do find that perfect location.......

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Never forget that "Derender" is your friend, especially when you do find that perfect location.......

I dont use it either as I cant derend it for my friends when They stop by… so I continue to use the default viewer and just abandon if there are eyesores around

• Like 2

17 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

LL could say it's out of theme to add prim land under houseboats, because boats are designed to be on water. They can't say it's out of theme to add a sandy island under a Stilt Home, because some of the Stilt Homes are on sandy islands already.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

I dont use it either as I cant derend it for my friends when They stop by… so I continue to use the default viewer and just abandon if there are eyesores around

Yeah. Same here.

At the end of the day for me the risk is too great with a stile on water that I will find something within camera distance that for me is blight. I had one in the early days of stilts that lacked problem neighbors, but got rid of it for other reasons which was a mistake.

• Like 1

For those of you looking for a stunning waterfall ranch location, I am about to release one here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aunt Maudie/157/24/25

I ticketed it the day it was released and had it for about 5 months now. I guess I have gotten too used to the Meds color scheme and dont enjoy the green green ranches as much anymore, so I am gonna release it at 7 AM SLT (in 1/2 hour). You can ticket it or roll for it if you want it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

For those of you looking for a stunning waterfall ranch location, I am about to release one here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aunt Maudie/157/24/25

I ticketed it the day it was released and had it for about 5 months now. I guess I have gotten too used to the Meds color scheme and dont enjoy the green green ranches as much anymore, so I am gonna release it at 7 AM SLT (in 1/2 hour). You can ticket it or roll for it if you want it.

and it is released. :)