Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

Hi there. Friendly Portland native here. My hometown didn't 'burn to the ground' and the violence my family (who all live in the downtown) suffered was not at the hands of BLM.

I didn't actually bring up BLM, just the destructive protests in your city. 

I hope you and your family continue keeping safe.

There's a group named V-Dem (https://www.v-dem.net/en/ ) that studies countries and rates them on a scale - degrees of democracy vs autocratic. You can see clear graphs showing how the US has gone WAAAY downhill...

"The Republican party has become dramatically more illiberal in the past two decades and now more closely resembles ruling parties in autocratic societies than its former centre-right equivalents in Europe, according to a new international study."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/26/republican-party-autocratic-hungary-turkey-study-trump

• Like 1

Simple mater of basic facts here - even if the hundreds of affidavits and video evidence of voter 'irregularities" are to be ignored - several states violated their own laws and state constitutions by changing voting laws without the legislators. This is the entire reason we have a slate of electors sent to Congress to make the final count and debate  any objections, and if need be, the slate is rejected and sent back to the states. This is how it is written into the Constitution.  It is not a coup, sedition, trying to overthrow the government or anything like that. It is part of how a federal election was laid out. and ANY President has the right to challenge the election results up until Congress confirms or denies the electorate slates. The Left's hatred of Trump doesn't cancel his rights or changes the way US Elections are carried out. and to say expressing that opinion is tantamount to inciting violence or an insurrection is to deny the very essence of our First Amendment rights. The left got what is wants now - complete control of the government for at least the next 2 years, one would think instead of continuing their campaign of hate they can get together and govern. After all come Jan 20, everything that happens - good or bad, will be on their shoulders alone. They won't have Trump to pin the blame on for anything and everything after that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Simple mater of basic facts here - even if the hundreds of affidavits and video evidence of voter 'irregularities" are to be ignored - several states violated their own laws and state constitutions by changing voting laws without the legislators. This is the entire reason we have a slate of electors sent to Congress to make the final count and debate  any objections, and if need be, the slate is rejected and sent back to the states. This is how it is written into the Constitution.  It is not a coup, sedition, trying to overthrow the government or anything like that. It is part of how a federal election was laid out. and ANY President has the right to challenge the election results up until Congress confirms or denies the electorate slates. The Left's hatred of Trump doesn't cancel his rights or changes the way US Elections are carried out. and to say expressing that opinion is tantamount to inciting violence or an insurrection is to deny the very essence of our First Amendment rights. The left got what is wants now - complete control of the government for at least the next 2 years, one would think instead of continuing their campaign of hate they can get together and govern. After all come Jan 20, everything that happens - good or bad, will be on their shoulders alone. They won't have Trump to pin the blame on for anything and everything after that

Hundreds? i thought it were only 65 or so courts which dismissed the claims?

Fine, if you like folks who waste enormous amount of time and money on hopeless cases, your business.

Also, fortunately, no one is forced to "come together" and govern together with a bunch of fascist idiots.

They lost presideny, house and senate. I wonder when you and others like you will finally get that. It´s over.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Stop trying to confuse people with facts, no one has time for the Truth or to like...actually read the constitution or anything! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

who is being forcibly suppressed right now?

A few snippets from a scholar who studies authoritarianism that might clarify a bit:

As long ago as 2010, the Dutch writer Rob Riemen argued that we should call movements that feed on fear, promote xenophobia and denigrate democratic institutions by an older name: “fascist.” In his newest book, “To Fight Against This Age,” he argues that anything else is false: “The term populist is only one more way to cultivate the denial that the ghost of fascism is haunting our societies again.”

What we are really talking about, after all, are political parties that do not acknowledge the right of anyone else to hold or share power. They seek to establish themselves as the only legitimate spokesman for “the people” or “the nation,” as opposed to the voters, and they seek to weaken any civic or political institutions that might restrict them. It’s not an accident that Hungary’s Fidesz party or Poland’s Law and Justice party have packed their courts; nor is it a coincidence that Trump’s Republican Party seeks to undermine the FBI. France’s National Front and Germany’s Alternative for Germany aren’t in power, but even so, they treat the media with the same disdain as the American president.

1 hour ago, Bitterthorn said:

Hi there. Friendly Portland native here. My hometown didn't 'burn to the ground' and the violence my family (who all live in the downtown) suffered was not at the hands of BLM. There is a reason people came out in droves to vote this past election. 

Actually the worst of the summer were the wildfires. :(

/me waves from the Coast Range.

Thanks. You saved me from having to say it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Talking about private companies as dictatorships is a category mistake.

Since when has a private company ever pretended to be democratic? Do you want them to be Syndicalist, or worker run? that sounds very anarcho-communist.

I agree that was how it worked in the past but with what happened last week, I think we plainly turned a corner and have a new thing were the tail now has the power to wag the dog. 

5 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Simple mater of basic facts here - even if the hundreds of affidavits and video evidence of voter 'irregularities" are to be ignored - several states violated their own laws and state constitutions by changing voting laws without the legislators

2016 election - with almost the same judges (even less republican judges in the Supreme court), with almost the same state governments, with almost the same election officials and last but not least almost the same people which counted the votes - was considered as correct, fair, true  and nobody was talking about fraud. There have been the usual few objections which were dismissed. Apart from that a landslide victory for Trump (his words). Obama stepped back, Trump took over the office. Everything fine, life went on.

2020 election - all of sudden and out of nothing the Trump campaign discovered a nationwide conspiracy. A conspiracy of such a enourmous scope that has never happend in the worlds history. The entire US Justice involved, States and Federal Supreme Courts involved, State governments involved, Election officials involved, estimated ten thousands of common people involved and also the medias. Wow! How could that happen? What was 2020 different compared with 2016? The answer is simple. 2016 Trump won. 2020 he lost the election. Now use your mind.

Several states changed voting laws? As far as I know several courts took a look at it. Didn't they ask why the trump campaign accepted them silently before the voting, but objected the changes after Trump lost? Anyway, I'm sure you are not at loss for an answer.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Simple mater of basic facts here - even if the hundreds of affidavits and video evidence of voter 'irregularities" are to be ignored - several states violated their own laws and state constitutions by changing voting laws without the legislators.

Do you mean like Pennsylvania, where the legislature passed a law allowing no-reason absentee balloting in 2019 and then suddenly decided it was "unconstitutional" after the 2020 election? The problem is, despite what (Texas "Lawyer") Ted Cruz said, the Pennysylvania Constitution says nothing like "elections are to be in person" as he claimed and although the Pennsylvania constitution does say that absentee voting is to be provided for certain reasons, it does not say that those are the only allowable reasons. Here's the text; prove me wrong. https://ballotpedia.org/Article_VII,_Pennsylvania_Constitution

This is the entire reason we have a slate of electors sent to Congress to make the final count and debate  any objections, and if need be, the slate is rejected and sent back to the states. This is how it is written into the Constitution.

Here's the 12th amendment of the U.S. Constitution - show us where it says slates of electors can be rejected and sent back to the states. https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-12/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.