Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

ppst.

Here's a  little tip from an  actual (irish born and raised) modern day "Leftist"

We don't like Mao, Stalin, etc  either for the same  reason we don't like Trump and Hilter: Authoritarianism is bad  no matter where it stems from.  We don't like abuse of power regardless of where it stems from.

You may now go "what aboooout" something else to deflect from the actual prooblem now.

exits the topic.

I find this to be disingenuous. You don't actually provide anything but rhetoric here. You describe Trump as Authoritarian but do not appear to have anything to really back that up. You describe those who disagree with you as 'deflecting' but appear not to be prepared to provide anything to the topic yourself.

Every time you've entered the topic, you immediately end with "exits the topic" - You're not actually here to discuss, just to push your narrative, you leave before anyone gets a chance to even talk to you.

12 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Ah well, yes, here comes Volksgenosse Bannon again.

Likewise, this is just rhetoric with no substance. You accuse me of being a witch, but in the end of the day you cannot prove you are not a witch yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I find this to be disingenuous. You don't actually provide anything but rhetoric here. You describe Trump as Authoritarian but do not appear to have anything to really back that up. You describe those who disagree with you as 'deflecting' but appear not to be prepared to provide anything to the topic yourself.

Every time you've entered the topic, you immediately end with "exits the topic" - You're not actually here to discuss, just to push your narrative, you leave before anyone gets a chance to even talk to you.

Likewise, this is just rhetoric with no substance. You accuse me of being a witch, but in the end of the day you cannot prove you are not a witch yourself.

Gimme more hot air, please. It´s winter and cold and I could need some more warm ups.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Please, quote them, in context. I have the entirety of the speech, but I cannot find anything there/ I certainly couldn't find any part of him telling supporters to riot in the capitol or bust down doors or anything.. they only people who can see "incitement" there are those so blinded by hate they see nothing but hate... what happened was aweful, but blaming a guy who made a speech to his supporters is beyond stupid

I am not an expert on this issue as I do not follow @realDonaldTrump nor Trump at all period.  However, I believe he said "fight" in one his tweets.  As far as anything other than "fight" there is nothing else I heard.  Plus I don't remember what he said before "fight".  Probably "stop the steal" or something like that.

But, this is about congress as well.  They did completely neglect the American people for a very, very long time.  Very.  It was not all about Trump is what I am saying.  

Edited by JanuarySwan

17 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

All dictators have one thing in common.

The cultists that will follow them anywhere and will always deny any but the words of their dear leaders.

We are seeing quite a few here on this topic.

Biden takes over in a week and is unlikely to be that much different. The real dictators however showed their hand last week. Apple, Google, Twitter, Amazon, our new corporate overlords. That's the real coup you are missing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

All dictators have one thing in common.

The cultists that will follow them anywhere and will always deny any but the words of their dear leaders.

We are seeing quite a few here on this topic.

To be fair and say the truth though foneco, both the republican and democratic parties were saying their opposing parties could "steal" the election due to the coronavirus pandemonium and problems with voting due to coronavirus.   Both.  And, the press fully ran both saying that for months over the Summer.  So, the democrats thought it too that the republicans were going to steal the election and Biden himself also said it.  

Edited by JanuarySwan

12 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

To be fair and say the truth though foneco, both the republican and democratic parties were saying their opposing parties could "steal" the election due to the coronavirus pandemonium and problems with voting due to coronavirus.   Both.  And, the press fully ran both saying that for months over the Summer.  So, the democrats thought it too that the republicans were going to steal the election and Biden himself also said it.  

In Georgia Brad Raffensperger had 200,000 people removed from the electoral roll. Greg Palast brought it to his attention with a court case for which they are still awaiting a response as they draw it out. He has documented GOP voter suppression for years, it still goes on. and yet they still lost. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Biden takes over in a week and is unlikely to be that much different. The real dictators however showed their hand last week. Apple, Google, Twitter, Amazon, our new corporate overlords. That's the real coup you are missing.

Talking about private companies as dictatorships is a category mistake.

Since when has a private company ever pretended to be democratic? Do you want them to be Syndicalist, or worker run? that sounds very anarcho-communist.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

our nurses  range in pay from 25 k  to 88k some higher

according to the link, for people in this income bracket then the rate of tax payable is unchanged. The marginal rate of 6.6% applies to income in excess of 60,000 which is the current situation. Up until a person earns $125,000. At which level the proposal is that the marginal rate is 7.1%

edit more:

i had a quick look into Delaware. There is a bill here which I think is going to the State Assembly in the next session: https://legis.delaware.gov/BillDetail/47982

it proposes to increase the threshold of Earned Income Tax Credit - which is the rate at which federal taxes can offset state taxes. The effect of this is that the lowest income earners will be able to offset more of their federal taxes than they have been able to previously. Which for the lowest income earners results in a tax cut

Edited by Mollymews
situation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Why are you conspiracy theorists and fascists so obsessed with social media companies?

See it this way: The New York Times never would print or publish any of your hilarious bubbles. And i guess you never expected them to do so. Why should Twitter or Apple or Amazon do so?

You have plenty of outlets for your poison, like fox, breitbart and all these nifty brainless sites claiming to be enlightened. Why don´t you just shut up and go to there and bath in your sea of ignorance together with your partners in madness?

Please, do the civilised world a favor and leave it alone. Thanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

and most have  to   get an extra job  or work overtime as much as they can  living in delaware is not cheep  , 

hum, you look pretty british to me. you should replace that flag there by an american eagle, otherwise that looks very unpatriotic. The last time these brits fiiddled with american taxes ended in a bloody mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

And you still look unpatriotic. Trust me, you won´t win any election in the US with that image. Not even if you try to rig it.

I am from the UK and Joanna Lumley is awesome, she has done a lot of work standing up for the rights of Nepalese immigrants and Indigenous people around the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

i am confused ,,,,  what is union jack ,,,,,,,, i am  confused by your  statement

Never mind. The Union Jack is the british flag. And brits talking about american taxes are not really compatible for historical reasons.

😉

A prim can. I guess.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I'm failing to see how "Go home with love & in peace" is an incitement to violence. We livin in loopy land or what

It has to be seen in its context. He issued the request to go home in peace two hours after Congress had already been invaded.

The plans for insurrection were made before, on the 4 January Dick Cheney got all the alive former Secretaries of defence to sign up to a letter published in the Washington post: Dick Cheney, James Mattis, Mark Esper, Leon Panetta, Donald Rumsfeld, William Cohen, Chuck Hagel, Robert Gates, William Perry and Ashton Carter.

The letter made clear the election is over and went on to say....

“Efforts to involve the U.S. armed forces in resolving election disputes would take us into dangerous, unlawful and unconstitutional territory. Civilian and military officials who direct or carry out such measures would be accountable, including potentially facing criminal penalties.”

On the day it was Pence that finally called in the National Guard, not Trump. He had according to Trump staffers been more interested in watching the violence unfold than in calling protection for those in the Capital building being hunted down by insurrectionists with zip ties and explosives. The very fact that they had a skeleton staff of security when just 2 days before Dick Cheney published his letter tells a very worrying story.

Listen to the telephone recording of his attempt to get Brad Raffensperger, to fix the Georgia election for him and find him the votes he needs. Trump works like a Mafia boss, he is far from subtle, but works by implication, implying threats to get his way.  

You won't find evidence of Trump telling people to go lynch Pence or Pelosi, but he knew what he was doing and is still responsible.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.