I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You may be turning off the light, but I will be the one refusing to leave, then forcibly being logged off when the servers go black.

22 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Kicking and screaming?  I'll be there with you.

I'm afraid that one went over both both of your heads.🙃 it was not was i was saying but implying in irony to the name he had chosen..little poke of humor. 

In the OP’s defense, he rather easily admits it: he’s only interested in one thing, it sure ain’t friendship, so there’s no point in him talking to men—therefore he might as well derender them, saving himself (and, incidentally, everyone else) the resources.

Not that he had to say it, it was blatantly obvious; but some would be surprised by how many guys are almost literally incapable of admitting this, even when it’s exactly as obvious. I’ve had conversations north of an hour and involving a great deal of ‘boa constricting’, to wring it out of guys who kept swearing on their mothers’ honours that all they wanted was friendship, nothing else, and it ‘just somehow happened’ that everyone they had asked for it so far, were females. It’s a tremendous waste of everyone’s time, because they’re really not going to change their minds no matter what, they’ll just move on to the next (hopefully less observant) girl to seek what you never were interested in giving anyway.

So yeah, all in all I’d say there’s far worse things than a guy who almost immediately goes out and says it. In fact I’d go as far as supporting such a function, so long as it showed in-world that they’re using it. That way one can choose to be as quickly selective and/or dismissive of them as they are of so many others.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 4:06 PM, Sassy Kenin said:

You know what would be a fun option? if we could render others as one of our own avatars in our clothing folder..better then jelly dolls and we could only see them that way... being it would only be on the viewer side.

Some third party viewer people lets make this happen!😊

Nooooooooo...!

EA7DAD37-4853-45A3-B619-CBEB2678FE71.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
14 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You may be turning off the light, but I will be the one refusing to leave, then forcibly being logged off when the servers go black.

You won't be alone.

Somehow that's not as reassuring as I had hoped ...

Monster Closet (Concept) - Giant Bomb

• Haha 4

First they only wanted to see female characters.

..then it will be white females..

In another reality: someone only wants to see straight white males ("WHITES ONLY" sign.) Then Christians. Then only conservatives. Then only from certain countries. Who only speak English. And only use human avatars. And only believe certain things about society.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In another reality: someone only wants to see straight white males ("WHITES ONLY" sign.) Then Christians. Then only conservatives. Then only from certain countries. Who only speak English. And only use human avatars. And only believe certain things about society.

More like - only the ones with big boobs or perfect curves or such.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Male and female have many unisex characteristics these days from hair to platform boots to sweatshirts for a few examples.  There would be no way for the viewer to know other than, well...you know, private parts the avatar is wearing perhaps.  But, imagine the viewer scanning for what private parts the avatar is wearing.  I think it's safe to say 'not gonna happen'.

But, not really expanding on what you said up here about the above being possible, well...of course it isn't, but some technology is truly quite amazing and somewhat "magical", especially those machines one can talk into and the machine will type every word you say.  To me, that is truly amazing.  I wouldn't mind having one of those machines myself.  

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

There would be no way for the viewer to know other than, well...you know, private parts the avatar is wearing perhaps.  But, imagine the viewer scanning for what private parts the avatar is wearing.  I think it's safe to say 'not gonna happen'.

Any object can get a list of the attachments of any nearby avatar. I have a pose stand that does this, as an aid to helping others with clothing problems. The avatar doesn't need to  sit or touch anything. Any desired restrictions could be built into a security orb.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, FairreLilette said:

Male and female have many unisex characteristics these days from hair to platform boots to sweatshirts for a few examples.  There would be no way for the viewer to know other than, well...you know, private parts the avatar is wearing perhaps.  But, imagine the viewer scanning for what private parts the avatar is wearing.  I think it's safe to say 'not gonna happen'.

But, not really expanding on what you said up here about the above being possible, well...of course it isn't, but some technology is truly quite amazing and somewhat "magical", especially those machines one can talk into and the machine will type every word you say.  To me, that is truly amazing.  I wouldn't mind having one of those machines myself.  

On 12/23/2020 at 4:42 PM, animats said:

Any object can get a list of the attachments of any nearby avatar. I have a pose stand that does this, as an aid to helping others with clothing problems. The avatar doesn't need to  sit or touch anything. Any desired restrictions could be built into a security orb.

As a proof of concept for someone making a "females only" place, I did write a script that tried to detect males. It used shape checking, then attachment scanning by keywords.

It was actually fairly reliable until someone wore so many oddly named attachments it got stuck- which was more due to my rushed script than actual failure of the concept.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:37 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Or red hair?

1556915283_RoligMay2017.png.8aa925885907547d3ccd5b556b9f6096.png

Detecting things like hair color or boob size, now that's a JIRA request that'll get some of us into trouble.

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

As a proof of concept for someone making a "females only" place, I did write a script that tried to detect males. It used shape checking, then attachment scanning by keywords.

It was actually fairly reliable until someone wore so many oddly named attachments it got stuck- which was more due to my rushed script than actual failure of the concept.

Interesting! And impressive!

Do you think you could do one that detects men who will ask for RL age and if we do voice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Interesting! And impressive!

Do you think you could do one that detects men who will ask for RL age and if we do voice?

11 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Yeah, coincidentally it’s exactly the same script.

Actually.

If I put it on sale, the likely customer list would probably be exactly that.

So...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.