I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

[Confused Non binary noises]

But why would derrndering all male assumed avatars make things faster?

Why just men.

How do you even know?? Espically with men that use maityrea +flat chestof choice.

These are super excellent points. But I suspect that they miss the point.

I don't think it's so much about who gets derendered as what he can still look at. I.e., good looking women (understood in a conventionally binary way) avatars.

Because, of course, if lag were the main issue, the logical thing to do would be to jellydoll those with high complexity ratings.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

The way I see it is we have three options:

1.  Wear a hairbase that says "Rumbled you RowanMinx" in tiny letters.

2.  Wear twenty or more hairs at a time to give you some work to do!

3.  Do both 1 and 2.

😛

@ #1. Please don't make me get out the reading glasses!

This reply just made my day.  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

just wondering.. what's your ARC with those bling earrings, neckless,beard and, without doubt, attachments?

I've often wondered if men in general walk around with their attachment on.  You know, just in case they suddenly need it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

I've often wondered if men in general walk around with their attachment on.  You know, just in case they suddenly need it?

i know some who do... they don't feeel "manly" without it

i just checked, for statistics ... :) adding Ae**** Magnus raises my ARC .. from 35.737 to 73.317 without further attachments to it, while quite some seem to add piercings and other stuff.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TonyJr8598 said:

I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game. It would be enough to see only the female characters. Does this have a choice?

Huh? No. There's no way for the system to detect this. It can detect what base shape someone is using but it can't tell what the user is doing with that shape. There are many people using the female base that are actually male avatars, myself included. 

8 hours ago, TonyJr8598 said:

I have slow internet connection :( thats why

If that was your real reason, you'd be wanting to de-render women, not men. If only because there are far, far more of them

8 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Translation: I like to fap while staring at female avatars, but my ding-a-ling goes all soft when I see a man.

This. This is obviously the real reason.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

This is Second Life, not Red Light Center. Second Life is a social platform, not specifically a dating/e-sex platform.

I wouldn't call SL a social platform, especially these days. SL is a different thing for everyone. You can easily ignore social part for months, if not years, and still have fun building/dressing/scripting/sailing/exploring/taking and editing pictures and so on. Most of those things often involve absolutely zero social activity. And no, not everyone have any need or desire to add social aspects to their SL at all times. I, personally, quite often don't have any desire to interact with anyone and just spend time at my region building and changing stuff. I find it relaxing.

So SL is as social as you want it be, and for some people it's exactly ERP platform and nothing else. That doesn't make OP's question/request less silly, though.

Edited by steeljane42
typos
  • Like 5

Strange thing is.. fs can do what he wants with a little work put in to it.

Derender all but friends. Then go back and use the nearby list and choose only the people who you want to see and set them as render normally or render fully..

Now you only see exactly who you want to see.. gender or species wise.

Or you can do it by setting complexity to as low as it will go. Then do the same thing above.

You now only see who or what you want.. everything else is just clouds or jellydoll.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

59 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I don't want morons, fuglies and my ex's to be rendered either.  Ah if only SL could magically zap everyone's "don't wanna see them" preferences.

blunt-cards19.jpg

Jordan, we don't agree on everything (I'm thinking politics here), but darn if we aren't like Siamese twins or something. :) (The use of Siamese instead of "conjoined" was a super hilarious pun with a nod to GatoGateau, GiGi.)

7 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Many do, unfortunately. And since in many cases it'll account for about half of their avatar complexity, it's easy to spot who does without even scanning their attachments (I popped mine on just to see, and I went from 70K to 130K - so it's 60K, or 3 Nephs in her undies worth. And that's the 'mainstream' brand). 

After whining at my sister for ages about how laggy her club is, she finally agreed to let me pop down a script meter and write a statement about lag contribution. I pointed out that a male bit is usually causing more lag than their dance partner is. They're terrible.

Women do the same though. There's a game you can play, called 'how many dripping *ahems* at the shopping event'. There's usually a fair few.

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

One way to find out...Ctrl Alt T.  

Nope.

The way many (most, I reckon) male bits work when you 'hide' them isn't that they apply an alpha texture or use transparency. The way they'll hide is they'll shrink to the size of a peanut and be moved inside of your body.

It's a bit like having your gonads un-drop. Which may well be our best argument to convince guys they should just leave it in their inventory when out and about!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.