I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, TonyJr8598 said:

Does this have a choice?

Lessee ....  male / female / neither / both / furry / mechanical / formless (like Ruth) / ...  too many choices.  If you use llGetObjectInfo and look for OBJECT_BODY_SHAPE_TYPE, you'll get a value between 0.0 (100% female) and 1.0 (100% male) when you query a specific avatar UUID.  Frankly, that's not very helpful, though.  It doesn't tell you any more than your eyes do -- which isn't always much.  And then you can't really do much with the information except say, "Golly, she really is sorta female, I guess."  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Lessee ....  male / female / neither / both / furry / mechanical / formless (like Ruth) / ...  too many choices.  If you use llGetObjectInfo and look for OBJECT_BODY_SHAPE_TYPE, you'll get a value between 0.0 (100% female) and 1.0 (100% male) when you query a specific avatar UUID.  Frankly, that's not very helpful, though.  It doesn't tell you any more than your eyes do -- which isn't always much.  And then you can't really do much with the information except say, "Golly, she really is sorta female, I guess."  

Where is that settings?  llGetObjectInfo and look for OBJECT_BODY_SHAPE_TYPE

• Sad 1

Why are you constantly questioning? I don't talk to men, I don't need to see them either. I don't really hate them but there is a lot of unnecessary avatar clutter. Is there just such a thing or not? There is no surprise in this .. Please friends. I think it makes perfect sense for someone with a slow internet. I thank the friends who helped. I do not read comments from friends who are surprised or try to humor on my topic..

• Haha 8

Just now, TonyJr8598 said:

Why are you constantly questioning? I don't talk to men, I don't need to see them either. I don't really hate them but there is a lot of unnecessary avatar clutter. Is there just such a thing or not? There is no surprise in this .. Please friends. I think it makes perfect sense for someone with a slow internet. I thank the friends who helped. I do not read comments from friends who are surprised or try to humor on my topic..

Yes, on firestorm you can run around and derender all the males.  Just don't walk around into them all as you rush up to the "ladies".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I would think a room full of women would bog down a connection more than a room full of men..

I wonder how many men are trading out attachments because they are cutting it just that close.. hehehe

hehehe

God, the rendering cost of our hair alone!

It should be noted that all the respondents here are women . . . and this is sure going pretty slowly.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, TonyJr8598 said:

I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game. It would be enough to see only the female characters. Does this have a choice?

No. With Firestorm you can de-render them but you have to do it manually, one at a time.

If your reasoning is to reduce lag, you should really be de-rendering everyone with a mesh body and head, regardless of their gender. Or at least, de-rendering everyone who wears Legacy.

If you go into your graphics settings you can lower the complexity limit of other avatars, then the viewer will render avatars higher than your limit with a "jelly-doll" place-holder. If your system is very slow, a setting lower than around 50k should be sufficient.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God, the rendering cost of our hair alone!

It should be noted that all the respondents here are women . . . and this is sure going pretty slowly.

Fyi if you ever see me out and about, I sometimes derender women's hair just for fun.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.