I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This SL is an inventory game... Is Second Life a Game? I posted the article based on Rhonda Huntress' inspiring comment somewhere.

I saved the quote, because it is so perfectly great:

"It is an inventory management game where you sort and categorize items with increasing complexity while creators strive to develop new items that defy conventional categories.  Soft caps are there to force you to weed out duplicate and superfluous items or risk crashing, being turned into a cloud or worse yet, loosing large portions of your inventory.  Everyone has to play the game to some extent and the rest of the world is there to entice you to add more and more items to your inventory."

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

It is a game to some people. for that is all they see anything virtual online as. if its not real people with real bodies aka rl video, then its a game. plus you can play games here so again its a game. :P

I can play games on my TV, does that make my TV a game? We played Monopoly on the porch yesterday, is my porch a game? Just because you can play games within a platform does not make that platform a game. You can play games on Facebook, which is most assuredly not a game. 

For SL to be considered a "Game" in the popular sense, it must have rules all must abide by set forth by the creators of said "game." "Games" have goals, what is the goal of SL? How do i level up? Where are the loot crates?

Second Life is a social media platform with pixel dolls. The sooner we stop calling it a game, the faster the Steam gamerkidz will stop coming here and whining about the lack of content and how badly optimized it all is. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I can play games on my TV, does that make my TV a game? We played Monopoly on the porch yesterday, is my porch a game? Just because you can play games within a platform does not make that platform a game. You can play games on Facebook, which is most assuredly not a game. 

For SL to be considered a "Game" in the popular sense, it must have rules all must abide by set forth by the creators of said "game." "Games" have goals, what is the goal of SL? How do i level up? Where are the loot crates?

Second Life is a social media platform with pixel dolls. The sooner we stop calling it a game, the faster the Steam gamerkidz will stop coming here and whining about the lack of content and how badly optimized it all is. 

its still a game to some people.. yes you can level up.. yes you can get loot.. yes it has a plot and story line and a goal in some cases.  just depends upon the rp, or the combat hud you are using.

if you can play games on it or in it, it a gaming platform. so yes even facebook could be considered more than a social media platform. for there are some that go on facebook and only place the facebook games and do nothing else.

On 11/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, RowanMinx said:

I'm not sure why both genders don't just store the bits in the favorite wearable folder.  It was one of the best features LL ever introduced and exactly for this type of use.

What if you have multiple avatars with different extras? 🤔 Would be a shame if you attached the wrong one!

tenor.gif?itemid=5262638

Since a lot of things are no-modify, you can't even rename them for clarity, so you'd need folders within folders. Instead, it's easier to just save it with the outfit, which obviously means you're going to wear it every time you put on that outfit unless you take an extra step to detach it -- and most people won't, since "it has a hide feature and that's what it's for!"

On 11/26/2020 at 6:23 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This thread is suddenly becoming seriously TMI.

This thread is a blast, way better than I expected. Well, that seems to be quickly changing.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What if you have multiple avatars with different extras? 🤔 Would be a shame if you attached the wrong one!

tenor.gif?itemid=5262638

Since a lot of things are no-modify, you can't even rename them for clarity, so you'd need folders within folders. Instead, it's easier to just save it with the outfit, which obviously means you're going to wear it every time you put on that outfit unless you take an extra step to detach it -- and most people won't, since "it has a hide feature and that's what it's for!"

This thread is a blast, way better than I expected. Well, that seems to be quickly changing.

I do see your point if you have more than one avatar.  However, unless you're expecting the slex 24/7, take the dang things off.  Make a folder that is at the very top of your inventory and store it all in there.  I'm sure your partner of the day can wait a moment while you get it attached.  That's what foreplay is for, right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

its still a game to some people.. yes you can level up.. yes you can get loot.. yes it has a plot and story line and a goal in some cases.  just depends upon the rp, or the combat hud you are using.

if you can play games on it or in it, it a gaming platform. so yes even facebook could be considered more than a social media platform. for there are some that go on facebook and only place the facebook games and do nothing else.

How do i check my level?  I never got a loot crate.. Nor is there plot or a storyline. What you are describing is ROLEPLAY within Second Life. That's like saying my house is a game because a bunch of friends gather on saturdays and we play D&D.. No, you can play games within it, doesn't make the platform a game. 

My PC isnt a gaming platform, simply because i can play games on it. My father has NEVER played a game on his PC. The platform is simply that, a platform. What you do on it is up to the user. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I do see your point if you have more than one avatar.  However, unless you're expecting the slex 24/7, take the dang things off.  Make a folder that is at the very top of your inventory and store it all in there.  I'm sure your partner of the day can wait a moment while you get it attached.  That's what foreplay is for, right?

You're preaching to the choir with me, I know I can (and do) detach any unnecessary things, including HUDs.

But what I'm saying is that other people -- the ones we're talking about, the average SL users who doesn't even visit the forum -- don't do that and don't care to do that.

53 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

How do i check my level?  I never got a loot crate.. Nor is there plot or a storyline. What you are describing is ROLEPLAY within Second Life. That's like saying my house is a game because a bunch of friends gather on saturdays and we play D&D.. No, you can play games within it, doesn't make the platform a game. 

My PC isnt a gaming platform, simply because i can play games on it. My father has NEVER played a game on his PC. The platform is simply that, a platform. What you do on it is up to the user. 

Please stop, this is such a cringy boomer topic.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

to some that is the same as playing a game. there is no difference to gamers. table top, pc, console its all a game to them. so they will call it a game regardless what kind of platform its on or what others want it to be called.

if you can play games on it or in it its gaming platform to a gamer.

2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

no, not all can or will wait, they want instant slexual gratification the moment they start the rp, it better be in sight or it ruins the immersion to some.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, AnonymousMike said:

Can you imagine how empty his Sl would be.... Just him and himself... It would be like the TV show Last man on Earth, except in SL and there wont be ANYONE

We used to call it The Cornfield.

https://boingboing.net/2006/01/04/misbehavior-in-secon.html

https://danielvoyager.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/the-return-of-the-cornfield-in-second-life/

On 11/26/2020 at 4:34 AM, steeljane42 said:

I wouldn't call SL a social platform, especially these days. SL is a different thing for everyone. You can easily ignore social part for months, if not years, and still have fun building/dressing/scripting/sailing/exploring/taking and editing pictures and so on. Most of those things often involve absolutely zero social activity. And no, not everyone have any need or desire to add social aspects to their SL at all times. I, personally, quite often don't have any desire to interact with anyone and just spend time at my region building and changing stuff. I find it relaxing.

So SL is as social as you want it be, and for some people it's exactly ERP platform and nothing else. That doesn't make OP's question/request less silly, though.

SL was, is and always will be a creative platform with social capabilities. 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:15 PM, Rolig Loon said:

It also rhymes with "fender", "blender", and "mender", to say nothing of "tender", "lender", and "expender".  The possibilities for a creative mind are unlimited.  🤓

In Blender do you mender the fender or do you tender the lender expender with the mender?

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, TonyJr8598 said:

I don't want male characters to be rendered in-game. It would be enough to see only the female characters. Does this have a choice?

Try doing what so many of the guys in SL do, get yourself a female avatar then you can go to the places that only allow females!  Well, female avatars anyway.  And don't worry about losing your boy parts, many of the "girls" in SL have those!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.