Totally Official, Approved, Cat Thread

Seicher Rae
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Meet Starlite. Our rescue kitty. She took 3 years to finally open up enough to cuddle with us. 

IMG_20210521_123839.thumb.jpg.37aff3aec43cbb1e639c43e99fbad2f8.jpg

Congrats!  You've been chosen ❤️

I have a 4-5 month old feral kitten at home that I'm still working on.  Luckily, she is food motivated and I carry treats in my pocket.  Her sister, Burdock, likes me just fine, but I am getting the cold shoulder from Teasel.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Congrats!  You've been chosen ❤️

I have a 4-5 month old feral kitten at home that I'm still working on.  Luckily, she is food motivated and I carry treats in my pocket.  Her sister, Burdock, likes me just fine, but I am getting the cold shoulder from Teasel.

Yeah, Star is 11 and we only got her in 2016. She was horribly abused at the various shelters she was at before we got her.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It feels good to be chosen by a cat.  It's a totally different feel than being chosen by a dog.  I love dogs, but it is not the same thing.

I have had at least one cat in my life since i was born. At one point we had 4. When i was 3, after my parents divorced, my mom and I had a cat, german shepard, 2 rabbits, 4 turtles, hamsters, and a 200 gallon salt water fish tank filled with fish. After 3 years it was just my mom, myself and the cat. I dont think i could get by without one. Something about them curled by your side purring is just the best feeling in the world.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Zaphod Kotobide said:

Meet Ozzie Kotobide. 

ozzie 6 months.jpg

ozzie 6 weeks 2.jpg

Awww I just showed these photos to my brother who said "That's a proper Tiddy cat". We used to have a cat called Tiddy, short for Tiddles! She followed my dad home from the pub, was ever so small and one of the neighbours' kids had brought her home but his mother had told him to get shut, so he'd put the cat out and she chose my dad! We didn't know what to name her but when she tiddled in the corner, that was it, Tiddy for short. She lived for 21 years. 

• Like 6

Cats always choose who they like, I remember years back walking down the village with both my parents and we saw Spider (my late neighbour's cat as since passed on to rainbow bridge :().  My father swore, he could get Spider to come out, so he takes a step on to the driveway and Spider bolted and hide from my father which I can't blame him for (I have reasons I say this and some of posters on the forum know why; that's all I say on that subject) that. 

Father decides to resume walking down the village, I decide to say hello to Spider and Spider comes out of hiding then heads right for me his usual cuddles and fusses.  I guess I know who Spider loved more and okay; so not my cat but Spider knew he could trust me with love and affection which I gave in return happily so. :) 

RIP Spider, I will always treasure the memories we have and how you always came out even if I just walking past.

• Like 7

Our sweet, adorable, and beautiful Maya with her Winnie the Pooh in the first photo ❤️. Over this past summer we added our lovely, petite and dainty twins Mina and Maggie to the family in the second photo who are fully grown at 5 pounds each ❤️. All three my babies. 🥰

maya and her bear.jpg

1641863129531.JPEG

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 12

First thing I need to point out that this is a photo of 4 of my 5 cats. The chonky senior cream colored shorthair is my senior, Vladimir Tiberius Gustav Meowler von Kittenschitz (Vlad) The longhaired void is one of a pair of special-needs sisters (cerebellar hypoplasia - they are clumsy) This one is Kiwi. The spotted terror is about 5 months old now and semi feral.  Her name is Teasel. Teasel's sister Burdock is in this photo too, but she blends so well with Kiwi that you can't see her.  She likes to be buried under warm fur.  This cuddle puddle is what happens when you plug in the heating pad. Not shown is Kiwi's sister Dandelion who does NOT cuddle with other cats.  Thank you very much - not even for a heating pad. She usually stumbles like a drunk to a back bedroom and screams until someone plugs in her electric blanket.

Totally unspoiled fur friends. So neglected.  

Resized_20220114_111454.jpg.e604551828eba2c8882937bdfd72271f.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

qZdxH28.jpg

Testing out a thrifted Canon 40d.

This is Dicks (yes, really), she's our little rescue muffin and threw her breakfast all up the wall about 30 seconds after this picture was taken.

She’s adorable! 💕(I’m sorry you had to clean up the wall after this pic) I feel your pain, my elder cat has a pooping issue at the moment 🙈😅

• Sad 3

On 1/10/2022 at 1:53 PM, Marigold Devin said:

Awww I just showed these photos to my brother who said "That's a proper Tiddy cat". We used to have a cat called Tiddy, short for Tiddles! She followed my dad home from the pub, was ever so small and one of the neighbours' kids had brought her home but his mother had told him to get shut, so he'd put the cat out and she chose my dad! We didn't know what to name her but when she tiddled in the corner, that was it, Tiddy for short. She lived for 21 years. 

Ozzie is from a litter of 4 who came into the world in my back yard last March. I had been feeding mom for a few months, and of course the inevitable happened when ferals aren't trapped and spayed. Before long, mom was rounding up the kittens at feeding time. Ozzie was always the first one to come running across the yard when I came out with the food. It was during a heat wave, and I went out one afternoon and he was on the verge of passing out from heat stroke. That's when I decided he needed to come inside and hang out with me. Took him to the vet, got him all fixed up, vaccinated, etc and we have been inseparable best buddies ever since. The rest of them have since been spayed/neutered and are still happily living and thriving in the yard, minding the vermin, etc. We have two other rescues in the house, each of whom had a rather rough go when they were out in the world, so they aren't particularly excited about Ozzie, being the now teenage mischief he is, but we're making progress.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.